(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 8!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 121
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
Pink Asawa:  What’s on your list? I’m sure you’re doing just fine.

We’re 35 weeks along now and we JUST bought the stroller, car seat, and glider. We still have a list of things to buy that we didn’t get at the shower (little thing but a long list of little things) and some decor items for her room (wall decals, ceiling fan, curtains). My mom came over yesterday and helped with bringing all of the baby shower gifts up to the nursery and removing all of the tags from the baby’s clothes so we can wash them.

Post # 122
3823 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
emelee:  We stopped by my friend’s house yesterday to pick up a glider that we bought from them and their baby is literally 2 weeks old. I couldn’t stop looking at him and looking at her and thinking “he was JUST in her belly…he’s supposed to be in there now! wow! so there’s a baby with all her little parts inside my belly just waiting to come out?!” such a humbling thought.

Post # 123
3823 posts
Honey bee

Maternity photos!

Us at the baby shower a few weeks ago! I still need to send out my thank you cards.

Post # 124
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
TaurianDoll:  I’m set up to be induced on Aug 1 due to high Bridal Party, but she could come earlier on her own and also depending on how my weekly appts go. So far all of the weekly appts have gone really well! I go back in again on Thursday for another check up, so we’ll see what they say. There are a couple girls in our fb group that are definitely getting induced in July. Crazy! 

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Chelwilly.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Chelwilly.
Post # 125
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
emelee:  agreed!!!

Post # 126
3823 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Chelwilly:  Wow! Induction in a few weeks? If she doesn’t come before Aug 1, I pray that you have a safe and healthy delivery!!

Post # 127
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
TaurianDoll: Mainly just small things from the registry that we didn’t get yet, I need to prep all of my cloth diapers, and finish decorating the nursery. I also had plans to re-paint my old childhood dresser to use in Baby’s room but at this point the most I probably will have the energy for is replacing the drawer pulls lol. Still need to pick it up from my parents as it is sitting in their basement.

By The Way your maternity photos are just lovely! You are going to have one good looking baby!!

Post # 128
3823 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Pink Asawa:  thank you!

you will get it all done in time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 129
8435 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
TaurianDoll:  You look amazing!

View original reply
Pink Asawa:  How many cloth diapers did you get?  We’re trying to figure out how many we’ll need of each size (using cotton prefolds).

Post # 130
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
TaurianDoll:  thank you! Love the photos!

Post # 131
1060 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
housebee:  we’re planning to do a mix of cloth and disposable using an AI2 system so we’re starting with a collection of 10 diaper covers from different brands, and about 25 inserts (some of those are overnight inserts). I have 2 pairs of gpants so I also bought a pack of disposable inserts to try out. those are the only ones that look tiny enough for a newborn so we will probably use mainly disposables until baby is big enough to fit the other ones i bought. I don’t know a lot about cloth diapering but I’m excited to try and hope that  we can get 2 changes per cover to save a bit of money over disposables.

also…how are your twins doing?! How many weeks are you now?

Post # 132
8435 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
Pink Asawa:  The twins are doing well, I feel like I’m getting bigger by the hour lol.  I’m about 31 weeks now and my Mother-In-Law is actually coming to visit us in a few weeks so she can go to one of our ultrasound scans (she’s super excited about this).  Thanks for the info on the cloth diapers ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 133
1060 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
housebee:  ohh exciting! My Mother-In-Law came to our latest scan on wednesday and the look on her face was priceless! Have fun!

Post # 134
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

As shared with the facebook group, our beautiful bundle of joy was born Friday, July 11 at 10:32pm. ๐Ÿ™‚ 4 lb 11 oz. We are still deciding between Layla and Chloe for her name, but am almost positive her name is Chloe Isabelle Brooks!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 135
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

View original reply
Chelwilly:  congratulations! That is one beautiful baby girl.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 8!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors