(Closed) August 2014 Preggos!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you announce your pregnancy over the holidays?

Absolutely!

No we will wait until 12 weeks, first ultrasound, etc.

We will tell immediate family only over the holidays.

We cannot possibly wait that long. We have told everyone already!!

• Post # 302
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @Mars62312:  So awesome! I just went in for a blood test today to get my HCg levels. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 303
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    @Chelwilly:  Nausea hasn’t hit me yet but I was pregnant this summer (ended in a late miscarriage at 11w) and I had the worst MS. My doctor recommended taking Vitamin B6 50mg with the antihistamine Doxylamine (or Unisom) before bed. This combination is actually FDA approved and available as a prescription indicated for morning sickness now in the US  (Diclegis) but it’s less expensive to just buy the ingredients OTC. It really helped me!   Definitely run it by your doctor first though, of course. 

Post # 304
    3120 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  All good I’m assuming?!!

View original reply
    @Chelwilly:  I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time!  A girl I worked with had to constantly have crackers with her because a full stomach helped her!  What does your pelvic discomfort feel like?

Post # 305
    1811 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

The party went really well tonight, no suspicions raised (i think), and even got to hear the in laws talk about how much they want grand babies, but OMG I want to apologize to every pregnant woman I hugged straight on!!!! My poor sore boobs got squished more times than I care to think about!

Post # 306
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @Chelwilly:  Girl my nausea has been non stop since 4 weeks, it is miserable. All day and seems to get worse in the afternoon/evening. I have found that constantly eating small snacks about every hour or two really helps. I pack tons of snacks like fruit, fruit snacks, cheese bites (Babybel), toast with just butter, small salads, humus and naan etc. I have also found that those SILK chocolate individual soy milks calm my stomach immediately (no idea why) so I have one in the afternoon.

Hope you feel better!

Post # 307
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @Mars62312:  I am hoping so! Didn’t get my results yet. We shall see. 

Post # 308
    30 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Has anyone had disapearing symptoms? I had really sore boobs for the last week and a half, then yesterday and today they aren’t nearly as bad.

This is my first pregnancy, so I am worrying about eveything lol

Post # 312
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Well, it has been 1 week since I got my BFP. AF stayed away, nausea is starting to set in, boobs are soreeeee and the wondfo was dark as ever this morning. I think I’m ready to roll call!!

Due Date: Aug 19 by ovulation, Aug 20 by LMP. First doc appt is Dec 23rd so I’ll see what he tells me.

Cycles Trying: 4th

Any Symptoms yet?  a little bit of nausea, so so tired, boobs are big and hard and sore. I have also become more emotional already!! 

Most excited for: seeing the look on my parents’ faces as this will be the first grandbaby, holding my sweet baby in my arms, falling more in love with DH when I see him as a dad.

What you’ll miss most while pregnant: working out as much – I was training for a half marathon but have not ran since getting my BFP, I want to talk to my doctor before going back out there. and SUSHI!! 

Hoping for boy or girl? Well, I’ll be honest with you all on the internet and admit I have always wanted a girl first. I am excited to one day have a boy that will be a cute version of DH but deep inside I am hoping for a girl first!

wahoo to august babies ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 314
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Ladies! I found the best, all-natural cure for sore boobies.

Go outside at 6am when it’s 6 degress, without gloves, dance around, begging your dogs to pee quickly. Run back inside, slip into your toasty warm bed and cradle your boobies with your ice-cold hands! Such a delight!

So yeah, sore boobs here. And some delightful nausea if I haven’t eaten in a bit. DH joked I need to wear a fanny pack filled with snacks at all times. We are going to Costco tonight and I will be buying lots of snacks!

I’m going to a birthday party tonight where I only know 2 couples and they both know, so I don’t think I have to fake drink. I can just be the DD. 

Fighting anxiety by saying, “I am pregnant today!” Who knows how our first appointments will go, but I’m so very hopeful. 

Post # 315
    1783 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @kenziemt:  yes I love your positive attitude!!  I too am super positive and optimistic ๐Ÿ™‚

One thing I can’t stand is when others try to force their insecurities and anxieties about negative things that could happen onto me…I just ignore them completely! 

Exciting times!! 

Post # 316
    9 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @Chelwilly: 
    View original reply
    @mariwithani:  After I scheduled my first pre-natal appoinment, my doctor sent me a letter with some remedies for common symptoms. He suggested taking vitamin B6 25 mg twice daily and one Unisom nighttime sleep tablet twice daily for nausea/vomiting. It says that if you use this, you should take it every day through the 12th to 14th week of pregnancy rather than on an “as needed” basis. Personally, I can’t imagine taking a night time sleep medicine twice a day, but I would try it if my morning sickness was bad enough. You can also try sipping on some ginger ale. I’ve heard it helps if it’s room temperature. Good luck! I hope you start feeling better soon!

The topic ‘August 2014 Preggos!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors