(Closed) August 2014 Preggos!!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you announce your pregnancy over the holidays?
    Absolutely! : (14 votes)
    18 %
    No we will wait until 12 weeks, first ultrasound, etc. : (23 votes)
    29 %
    We will tell immediate family only over the holidays. : (38 votes)
    49 %
    We cannot possibly wait that long. We have told everyone already!! : (3 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 497
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@KatieBklyn:  your mom is SO right!  I wish I didn’t call my doctor.  I’d love to go back to just being content that my temps remain high and AF still hasn’t shown. Thanks for talking me of the ledge here ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 498
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@hmmtmar:  Hope everything goes well for you also. 

@kate02121:  My first appoinment is the 13th. I just at this point have no idea what’s normal. I’ve had some cramping, so that’s scary, but no bleeding so I think it’s okay. I think it’s mostly just the fact that this is all new to me and I really have no idea what to expect. I just want to be told like hey that’s normal – the alien inside you is fine. You’re not effing up too bad. 

Just so overwhelmed. HaHa. We just closed on our house the 13th and got our BFP on the 17th. just a whirlwind of life changing events. 

Post # 499
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@kate02121:  I took tylenol today for a bad headache…one more pregnancy symptom to add to the list!

I’m starting to get more and more scared now that im taking a blood test tomorrow for my hcg levels…i hope we get good news.

Pregnancy weeks start with the first week of your period, right? If that’s true I’m at 5 weeks.

Post # 500
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@hmmtmar:  I think it is pretty normal, but wouldn’t mind MS-like nausea!

@cbco:  I definitely agree! 

@Evie19:  Ugh, sorry about the headache. Yes, generally we calculate our due date by the first day of our last menstrual period (LMP). The doctor may date it differently when able to do measurements, etc. at ultrasound, but that’s the best way science knows how to do it at this point. I’m 5 weeks 3 days…so right around the same as you. 

Post # 501
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@KatieBklyn:  Ignorance is bliss!

Post # 503
    Hostess
    11165 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@peachcake:  Thanks so much. It is a little better today and I’m trying to stay off my feet a bit.

@KatieBklyn:  I completely agree. Today we had DH’s entire family Christmas party (40+ people). There were of course new babies, toddlers etc and I kept thinking next year we will have a little one of our own too. Then I started worrying about what might happen, what could happen. I hate it, I absolutely hate the worry and knowing what all can go wrong. I feel like for the next six weeks until I am in the second trimester I will be incredibly tentative and negative about this whole thing. 

We are planning on telling the immediate family on Christmas and I just keep saying but “what if.” I wish for just a little while I could ignore the what if’s and enjoy what is. 

Post # 504
    2902 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@Treejewel19:  Yeah, it’s kind of crazy, right? Most people get a positive pregnancy test and assume they will have a baby in nine months. I get a positive pregnancy test and assume I’ll have a miscarriage in the next three. 

I spent so much time worrying about my “one week behind” ultrasound measurements, and around the same time, my brother casually mentioned that his wife had her first ultrasound and their baby is now due on July 28th instead of the 22nd, as her LMP would indicate. It wasn’t until later that I realized that means she and I got the exact same news – baby is measuring 6 days smaller than we expect based on our last period, but where I freaked out and thought the worst was bound to happen, she shrugged and said, “okay, July 28th it is!” 

So much is about our attitudes, I think. The more you know (or the more you read on the internet) the more there is to worry about. 

Post # 505
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@KatieBklyn:  That was a pretty interesting reality check by your brother! I have loved Weddingbee for TTC and pregnancy (even more so than preparing for my wedding), but in some ways, obsessing over it and reading about and really, really feeling my heart break for the women who have trouble with their pregnancies or experience miscarriages has made me obsess over my own pregnancy in a bad way. I’m way more informed because of Weddingbee and the internet in general, so that’s good, but it does come with the bad side too. I honestly don’t even know that I’ll be 100% satisfied and comfortable when I hit 12 weeks with no indications for concern.  

For now, just one step at a time. Just trying to make it to my Jan 10 appointment, and then I’ll be giving myself pep talks about how if my doctor isn’t worried about anything, not to let me be worried about anything too. My husband’s been a great cheerleader, and he’s naturally optimistic (where I am naturally pessimistic realistic), so that’s been wonderful. 

I hate that we are planning to tell my in-laws on Christmas (who will flip and be so excited because it’s their first grandchild) and a big part of what I’m thinking about is how we’ll break the news if something goes wrong…that’s pretty f-ed up. 

All this to say, I feel for you, I’m in the same boat, and all we can do for each other is cheer each other on and reassure each other that all is well! 

Post # 506
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

Although I’m sorry many of you are also feeling so fearful, it is somewhat comforting to know I’m not the only one with these thoughts.

Yesterday at church with my family I almost started crying when praying that I can carry a healthy baby to term. I already love it so much.

I want to at least get to the 8 week ultrasound and maybe that will put me at ease a bit. Today is my first blood test to get HCG leves checked…I can tell Darling Husband is nervous too.

Post # 507
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I just wanted to say i have had no more blood/weird c/m since saturday lunch time so FX everything is okay. All my symptoms are here and quite strong and I have no cramps etc so im believing things are great because if i dont i will go mad!

Im also pretty pissed off at Mother-In-Law, turns out NOBODY got to enjoy our surprise grandparent christmas card because the last person who would have found out is Mother-In-Law and she was being a bitch with us about xmas pressies.

My son is only 4 and still believes in santa so i want to keep the magic alive, she wants him to open the presents from her infront of her on xmas eve which we said no to. We told her she was welcome to come on xmas day or we could swap pressies on boxing day when santa is all but forgotten for another year. She kicked off and started going on about her dog who has come before her son and grandson since she got it. Anyway long story short she didnt believe that i couldnt be around her dog with my allergies because i cant take antihistimine like i usually do (increased risk of m/c which i am not prepared to go through for a dog) so hubby blurted out on the phone during an argument with her that im pregnant and we didnt even get a congratulations, she put the phone down on us instead because she was upset that we didnt tell her sooner!!. She is the one person i could count on to be over the top happy for us but as it turns out its been Father-In-Law thats been the most excited. Seriously wish we hadnt told anybody!! 

Ugh i had to get that off my chest it was eating me alive. I feel like im the debbie downer of this group ive always got some sort of drama going on so i apologise xx

Post # 508
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@bouncybee:  This is a place for all of us to vent, no worries-I’m so sorry your Mother-In-Law is being so rude and inconsiderate. Don’t let her sour this very happy time. Spend your energy focusing on your baby, your husband, and those around you who are kinder!

Also, at some point your Darling Husband should put his mom in her place.

Post # 509
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@Evie19:  Thanks, He did tell her that she was rude and that she upset us. He also told her that if she continues to put the dog first then she better not change her tune when this baby is born because then our son will feel like the baby is more important than him which it is not. My mum just phoned me and i vented to her about all of this and i told her i was upset by her lack of enthusiasm too but she started getting excited talking pushchairs with me and telling me she wants to buy me lots of baby stuff lol so shes forgiven ๐Ÿ˜‰ Mother-In-Law is coming over tomorrow for dinner so we will be able to have it out properly. I really dont need this stress right now. So glad i have my lovely bees to talk to =] 

Post # 510
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

So who would’ve thought so many MEN would be curious if I’m pregnant or not? We went to DH’s Christmas party on Friday, and so many of his co-workers flat out asked me if I was pregnant. Luckily we deferred it all by saying I was the Dear Daughter (DH got a little out of hand last year) or by just saying I’m not drinking because we’re trying to get pregnant.

I can’t wait until we’re far enough along to tell everyone the truth!

Post # 511
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@bouncybee:  sorry to hear about your Mother-In-Law and her less than appropriate attitude. WB is the best place to get things off the chest ๐Ÿ™‚

AFM, I have my first appointment/pelvic exam this afternoon. Eeek!! 

The topic ‘August 2014 Preggos!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors