(Closed) August 2015 Brides — How ya feelin'?

posted 6 years ago in August 2015
  • poll: How you currently feel about your wedding?

Totally chill, not worried a bit!

I HATE it all!

I go back and forth.

Ready for it to be over.

• Post # 16
    1119 posts
    Bumble bee

It’s back and forth for me…sometimes I feel great and can’t wait for it. These tend to be days where I am either not focussed on it at all or focussed on a fun element like buying my wedding shoes or trialling wedding makeup. But then I have bad days which usually involve a more serious aspect like today our minister sent me the order of service and vows and I fely physically ill. I’m fine about getting married but the stress of being centre of attention and speaking in front of everyone is getting to me.

For me the stress isn’t related to planning as I love planning and have been very organised about it, instead it centres around my nerves about the day. I definitely agree with the feeling of looking forward to it being over. I just can’t wait to be married and heading off to honeymoon with no worries! I am hoping I will enjoy it when it comes though!

Post # 17
    163 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    ChicagoBride15:  Just like you, I have the little details that still need to be figured out… and I’m going nuts inside. I’m TRYING MY BEST to not have the “oh whatever” attitude because that’s when I start to slack off. I’m bummed I didn’t lose weight for my wedding, so I’m either eating little or too much, and on top of that, I really want it to be over – which is sad.

I honestly wish I did an olden day type of wedding – small ceremony and a huge dinner. But overall, I am thankful that I am getting married to someone I adore, and that my mother and family are there to watch. <- I need to start thinking that way.

Post # 18
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: August 2015

Newbie here, getting married on August 8th!! I definitely go back and forth, mostly between feeling scared to death and soooo excited like I can’t wait. I just got engaged in May, and I didn’t know he existed before January, lol. So anyway we haven’t had a lot of time to plan at all.
    Our families are both very into it tho, especially my Future Mother-In-Law, so they are taking care of a LOT of the details and planning, which is really really great for me.Seriously, I told my Fiance yesterday that if the family wasn’t helping with this for us, we’d just have to elope, cuz I would NEVER be able to deal with all the stress.
    Yesterday I had an “Oh no!!! It’s JULY! and I’m getting married in AUGUST!” kind of day, but today I feel a little more relaxed again.

Post # 19
    1417 posts
    Bumble bee

august 1st here! i have a daily sometimes 3 times daily about all of the stuff that needs to be done. on top of it im going in for a second hair and makeup trial because the first was horrid.

Post # 20
    11 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    ChicagoBride15:  My wedding is August 23rd and I feel extremely stressed out. Our wedding lead/toastmaster cancelled on us and now we have to find a new one. Otherwise there are these little details to sort through but there just seems so many little ones I can’t seem to keep them all straight. Oh and future hubby not helping out much…the weddings are for the bride by the bride no exceptions!

Post # 21
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

Pacing, nail biting, tears rolling and then fits of laughter.  Our date is August 21 and now I’m so ready for our wedding to take place, so we can move on with our lives.

I still have lingere to find, clothes for the honeymoon, and his wedding day gift. YIKES!

Post # 22
    41 posts
    Newbee

I am so glad I am not the only one having meltdowns! Although some days i am super excited and chill, but other days totally overwhelmed.

Mine is august 29th. I was completely stressing out about money but we JUST paid off all of our vendors so I am feeling a little better…..until i started my to-do list and realized our whole rest of the summer will be filled with appointments with vendors/dress fittings etc!!

My fiance wants nothing to do with planning and is pretty much sick of talking about any thing wedding related….and here I am stressed out, working full time, going to the gym like a mad man,  not sleeping and stress eating!! 😫😫 

Congrats and good luck to all you August brides, and keep telling yourselves it will all be worth it!

Post # 23
    41 posts
    Newbee

P.S

People SUCK at rsvp’ing!!!!!!!

Post # 24
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2015 - Family Farm and hall -- small town

View original reply
    amethystgirl:  We’re date twins πŸ˜€ 

I’m getting extremely excited but nervous at the same time! no major melt downs yet πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 25
    2 posts
    Wannabee

View original reply
    Mrs.Matty:  Yay!! Finally a date twin! We have exactly 20 days left How did that HAPPEN??
    What things do you have left to do before the big day??
    I’m just trying to enjoy spending every moment I have left with my family, because after the wedding I’ll be moving pretty far away from them

Post # 26
    252 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2015 - Family Farm and hall -- small town

View original reply
    amethystgirl:  

i know! It’s coming up soooo fast 😁

I haven’t found any other August 8th brides yet! So yay lol I feel like I have a few things left to do which is starting to stress me… Well mostly tonight laying awake thinking about it. 

I have to talk with my caterer still, I speak with my decor lady tomorrow, I need to meet with the marriage commissioner, make list of a few songs for my DJ, coordinate with my mc, come up with our speech, oh go for my first dress fitting.., ugh… Plus there’s little things in there. You wouldn’t guess we’ve been engaged over a year that’s for sure. Last minute here Lol. Thats so great family is helping you and yes spend plenty of time with them especially if your moving after!! Good luck on everything πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Mrs.Matty.
    Post # 27
    1417 posts
    Bumble bee

less than 2 weeks until august 1st! now i should PROBABLY finish up those 23 centerpieces, huh? πŸ™‚

Post # 28
    1119 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    kaitlynaubrey01:  Oo thats really close now! I’ve got my hen party that day.

Are you making your centerpieces from scratch? What are you doing for them?

Our main centerpieces are cream buckets filled with fresh flowers so I only had to buy the buckets for those, but we’re also having DIY jars down the table runner with random flowers placed inside. I managed to finish them last week but it took a while, I decorated 60 in total.

The topic ‘August 2015 Brides — How ya feelin'?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors