(Closed) August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 376
3345 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
emsy3110:  We havent BD either.  We were never terribly active in the first place, but we’ve also both been quite busy, and I haven’t felt into it with the spotting and cramping. 

Post # 377
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
emsy3110:  We haven’t BD since the BFP….but we’ve done other stuff ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha. My sex drive has been pretty low, probably a combination of feeling bloated, constipated sometimes and tired.

Post # 378
1646 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Jamergurl921:  AOriver:  gyrobb:  auggiefrog:  kiraly17:  It’s good to know I’m not the only one who has had no sex drive. Especially now with my MS usually being worse at night, I have no clue when I’ll want to BD again. Poor DH ๐Ÿ™

mrsbolsley:  We are also telling our families before our first ultrasound. With the horrible MS I’ve been having, I sure would hope everything is going okay in there!

Post # 379
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Sorry, I posted in the wrong board

Post # 380
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Ladies, I’m going to the doctor to get the results from my bloods this afternoon and I’m SO excited and nervous!

Also, my bloods were drawn three days ago, and I’m freaking out that if something went wrong between now and then these wouldn’t be reflected in the results. What happens then?!

I have been POAS with cheap internet tests each day (worked out they cost me about 22c per pop so I’m not too fussed!) just to keep my mind at ease, but I’m still so scared about something going wrong! The little line has definitely gotten darker over the last few days, and shows up in approximately 3 seconds so… that’s a good sign right?!

Post # 381
1691 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Due date: 8/9/15

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): About 10

How long did you try before your BFP? Wasn’t really trying, just happened!

Is this your first child? No, it’s my second

Any symptoms yet? Some fatigue and occasional light headed feeling

What are you most excited about? Finding out the sex!

What are you most nervous about? Morning sickness, I had it very bad last time

What will you miss most while pregnant? Having more energy and being able to do more. We’re planning to go to Disney in Feb, so I know there are rides I can’t go on

Who have you told so far? Close friends/family

Post # 382
1637 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Due date:   8/14/15

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I thought I saw a shadow on 9-10DPO, but DH and the internet did not agree.  I skiipped a day and retested on 11-12DPO and had a faint line. When I look at my 9-10DPO now I can see that the shadow darkened up after drying (hours later).

How long did you try before your BFP? 8 months, including two early miscarriages and one cycle we were forced not to TTC

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? This was my first cycle that I regularly took royal jelly & CoQ10, added baby aspirin and zinc to my pre-natal regimen, and also listened to fertility meditations (Circle + Bloom).  

Is this your first child? yes 

Any symptoms yet?  Waves of nausea, headaches here and there, gassy and also have gotten really tired over the last 2 days. Oh and some on and off minor cramping. 

What are you most excited about? Right now I’m most excited that my betas showed a doubling time of 33 hours.  My last one I never had good betas.  I try not to get too excited about a baby yet because I’ve been down that road before and it was devastating. I’m just so happy to be pregnant and progressing today.

What are you most nervous about? Obviously miscarriage.  But also, that there will be something wrong with it. I guess I don’t trust my body/ eggs.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Absolutely nothing.  I am too grateful to see it that way.  

Who have you told so far? DH, the internet, and a couple really close friends who know the struggles I’ve been having and would know if something went wrong anyway.

Include a picture of your BFP if you want!  

Post # 385
143 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
emsy3110:  Yep, add me to the list. We haven’t been super regular for awhile anyway, but I feel bad realising that I haven’t even thought about sex enough to notice we haven’t been having any :/ Still thinking of you and hope you are improving.

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  I had a transvaginal ultrasound after having a corpus luteum cyst rupture. It deosn’t take long but I’d be a bit surprised if they’d do one along with the usual information giving etc you’d expect at an early appt all in a half hour.

View original reply
mrsbolsley:  Welcome and congrats! We won’t have an ultrasound by Christmas and will only be 7 weeks by then. I always intended to wait until the 2nd trimester to tell even parents as I don’t trust them not to tell, but since we’re visiting at Christmas DH and I agreed we will want to tell parents and siblings in person. I think they’d be hurt to find out we could have told them and waited another month and had to share the news via skype instead, but it depends on your family. I hope to tell extended family and friends by phone at around the 13 week mark.

Although, we just found out that Christmas celebrations with DH’s family will only be his immediate family and 1 aunt this year. She is very blunt and nosey and it will be difficult to hide from her that I’m not drinking. I was thinking my strategy would be to take a glass and have DH sip from it but I don’t think I can pull that off in such a small group!

Post # 386
143 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
xoCATox:  Good luck for your appt. I had mine done last Tuesday and my GP told me to come back  this Thursday. That’s over a week! Hope everything’s been ok in the meantime. If I had bothered to order any internet tests I’d totally be using them everyday too!

View original reply
Bichon Frise: 
View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  Hi ladies. Welcome and congrats!

Sorry for the epic posts ladies! My computer won’t let me reply across pages today. And you’ve been super chatty, there’s lots to catch up on ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 388
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
graciej:  Argh. That frustrates me. I’ve heard of so many problems happening where the fetus stops growing or the hcg numbers are low… I’m supposed to wait another 4 weeks before they do ANYTHING?  I at least want to know I’m where I should be. Maybe I should find another doctor or something. 

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Jamergurl921.
Post # 389
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
graciej:  How frustrating! I’m super nervous because I don’t really know what to expect with any of this. I’ll get my blood results tonight, but then what? I tried googling when scans are done etc but it’s hard because it can be dependent on location or your doctor!

It would be amazing to have a scan done before Christmas, so that we know what’s going on and we can surprise our families with the news!

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  Four weeks! That would be doing my head in. Hope you can find another doctor who will be a little more proactive.

View original reply
Bichon Frise:  
View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  Congratulations!

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors