(Closed) August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 511
1168 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Whoa there are already a TON of pages on this thread! I am suuuper nervous to join you ladies, but I am more hopeful this time. So, here goes nothing…

Due date: Should be August 25

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 11 DPO. Totally was not going to test. I’d used all of my wondfos up last cycle and refused to buy more. I had one FRER and two digitals that I didn’t want to waste, so I was not going to test until I was late at 14 dpo. But I tested and it didn’t go to waste!

How long did you try before your BFP? 7 cycles total of trying (plus 1 of avoiding…regret that cycle.) We got pregnant in cycle 3 and it was a chemical. Then we avoided in cycle 4. I tried 3 cycles of Femara after that. And then I quit femara this cycle because I hated the side effects and that did the trick!

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Didn’t try as hard. We didn’t do every other day. By this point, I knew I ovulated on CD 14 so I just told DH we had to hit CD 12 and besides that, just whenever. Quit the Femara. Quit all the extra vitamins besides prenatals. Pretty much just temped.

Is this your first child? Yes. Can’t wait!!!

Any symptoms yet? Not really. I’ve been gassy and hungry. Oh and I am having lots of dull cramps. I will get a little nausous if I get too hungry, but I get that way normally anyway. I am ready for symptoms so this feels more real.

What are you most excited about? Everything! Telling our parents, having a bump, finding out the gender (still unsure if we will find out before birth or not!), decorating the nursery, and most importantly, having a son or daughter!

What are you most nervous about? Another miscarriage.

What will you miss most while pregnant? HOT baths!!! Oh, and cheese dip from Mexican restaurants. 

Who have you told so far? DH and my two best friends. We are going to tell our parents at Christmas. And I’m going to have to tell my coworkers because I’m an ICU nurse and we don’t have techs in our dept so we do all of the pulling patients and such. Plus, we get a lot of combative people so I don’t need to take them.

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! These were both yesterday at 11 DPO!

Post # 512
1934 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
Ellie85:  Welcome! I think we were in January or April mamas together.  FX these are our rainbows!

Post # 513
2052 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ellie85: welcome and congrats!

View original reply
emsy3110:  hope you feel better soon!

View original reply
Krispi:  awe that’s so sweet of your husband!

View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  I get dead tired around 5pm, which stinks because I usually work until 7ish, and that makes the days really really long.

i have some nausea, weird tastes (like my oatmeal this morning tasted so bad, and I have it almost every day), and that achy/ crampy/ twingy/ full uterus feeling.  The symptoms come and go throughout the day, but I miss them when I don’t have them as weird as that sounds!  It makes me feel more pregnant when I have them!

Post # 514
1834 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
Ellie85:  congrats and welcome! I saw that beautiful green line on your chart yesterday and figured you’d be joining us soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 515
1168 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  We were in the April mamas group together. Definitely hope we are in this group for the long haul and we get our rainbow babies ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 516
1168 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
CityBearBride:  Thanks!

View original reply
emsy3110:  Thanks! It still seems so surreal!

Post # 517
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
Ellie85:  Welcome and congrats! 

I don’t know if this is just the start of having to pee more frequently or not but I had to get up twice last night. Ugh.  I never do that! 

Post # 518
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  I did the same thing last night! Maybe once a week I would wake up and have to pee but last night it felt constant! So annoying, paired with trying to get comfortable with not laying on my super sore boobs. 

Post # 519
356 posts
Helper bee

I’m very nervous to join this thread but also so excited that I can’t stay away!!

Due date: August 23rd

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 11DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? I feel extremely blessed and lucky that this was our 1st cycle trying

Is this your first child? YES!!

Any symptoms yet? Just so breasts really. Like my cat walked across my chest the other morning and I yelped out in pain, lol. Some dull cramps here and there. More tired in the afternoon but I still feel like I have my normal energy levels for now.

What are you most excited about? Everything! Hearing a heartbeat, seeing my belly grow, telling our family and friends.

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage of course

What will you miss most while pregnant? Wine! And deli meats!

Who have you told so far? Just DH and my best friend. Trying to hold out telling others until after at least week 10.

Include a picture of your BFP if you want!

Post # 520
356 posts
Helper bee

I’m also really sorry to hear about the losses on this board ๐Ÿ™ I’m thinking about you all a lot and hoping you get your next BFP soon with a sticky bean. 

Post # 521
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

hi everyone! So I have continued taking my BBT even though most people say to stop after a BFP so you don’t drive yourself crazy with worry. Yesterday I woke at 7 and my temp was around 98.4 which was up from 98.2 the day before that. Today I had to wake up earlier for work at 5 am and my temp was only 98.08. This really concerned me because of the drop from 98.4 the day before. So I took a wondfo preg test and it looked pretty much exactly the same as yesterday’s (Kinda faint positive). I was hoping it would be darker to help ease my concerns. I’m trying not to be concerned but it’s really hard when you’ve had a previous early miscarriage. The temp was not below my coverline. I think I’m going to retest at lunch time and see if it’s any darker. 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  NightOwl27.
Post # 522
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stanley House Inn

Ellie85:  Squee! Congratulations! The poas board is huge this month too! Super excited to have you here.

LuckyinLove17:  welcome welcome! Those look super dark for 11dpo! Awesome!

Too funny – I was reading the poas board yesterday, anxiously awaiting more bfps!

NightOwl27:  I’m sorry I can’t alleviate your worries but totally understand. Just breathe and embrace the happy. Your urine could be more dilute, and your kidneys could be awesome at pulling out the hcg. Are you 14dpo? I didn’t get a + 12, and my lines were lighter than I would’ve liked at 14 and even 16dpo but almost instantly there. How quickly are your lines showing?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  fyrefly816.
Post # 523
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  
View original reply
mrsbolsley:  I’ve been having to go to the bathroom more frequently during the night too, but I wonder how much of that is from trying to drink more water. I’ve been trying to increase my fluids over the past week.

I’m still having issues with swelling, mostly in my left leg, ankle, and foot, but in the right ankle a bit too. I’m hoping extra fluids will help. I may call the doctor’s office when they open tomorrow and see what they have to say.

I’m excited and nervous for my appointment on Wednesday, even though I don’t think they’ll do too much. I feel like that will make this whole thing seem more real, having it confirmed by the doctor. Are any of you taking your husbands to your first appointment? He asked if he should go, but I told him I didn’t think so unless he really wanted to. When I made the appointment, they made it sound like it wouldn’t take very long. I’d rather have him wait to take off work for an ultrasound, because I feel like he’ll get more out of that than if they’re just going to draw blood and make me pee in a cup.

Post # 524
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stanley House Inn

View original reply
Krispi:  the swelling is irritating I’m sure! Let us know what they say about it.

My appointment is Tuesday and is to confirm. DH is off during the day so he isn’t taking off. I can’t decide if he needs to go since its confirmation and a pap and all of that – then again he’s my rock and I’ll probably make him go.

I feel ya on the “more real” aspect – it hasn’t sunk in.

U/S would be after Christmas, so that will be AWESOME!

Post # 525
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
fyrefly816:  I am 14 dpo. I just took another test and it looked darker so I’m relieved for now ๐Ÿ™‚ The tests turn positive in maybe 30-60 sec on the wondfo (Quicker I think with an FRER). I think SMU is better for me for some reason. I need to call this week and try to set up an appointment with the CNM Im planning to see. 

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors