(Closed) August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 526
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stanley House Inn

View original reply
NightOwl27:  I drink a lot of water before bed and feel like my FMU is so much more diluted. Woohoo for darker lines and first appointments!

Post # 527
1834 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
LuckyinLove17:  Welcome and congrats!

View original reply
Krispi:  DH didnt come with me to my first appointment because I knew it was only going to be questions, taking my weihgt, blood pressure, etc. He’s coming to my early ultrasound on Wednesday though. I warned him ahead of time that it’ll be a vaginal ulrasound so he doesn’t get surprised the day of! Sorry to hear you are dealing with swelling already, definitely let your doctor know at your first appointment.

View original reply
NightOwl27:  Yay for darker FRER 🙂

Post # 528
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
LuckyinLove17:  Yay welcome!  Those were some dark lines!

Post # 529
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
emsy3110:  If u don’t mind me asking, were you talking about your first appt with your obgyn? Or did you go to a regular doctor first?  And how long was it between your first appointmentan your transvaginal ultrasound? 

My first appt with my obgyn is Friday and I’ll be 7w1d. They said it would be a short appt… only 30 min so I’m assuming I won’t be getting anything done (which is a TOTAL disappointment).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  Jamergurl921.
Post # 530
105 posts
Blushing bee

Just got through reading all the posts in this thread (having cold and coughing all day in my bed), so now I feel I can jump in this month as well! Looking to have my first appointment in 22nd December (didn’t specify that I’m pregnant to receptionist so I’m sure I’ll get sent to bloodwork and USG and then will have long appointment later), but so far feeling that all is going well after taking a test.

Due date: Somewhere between 5th and 8th August depending on calculation method.

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): About 26 (POAS when obviusly missing period)

How long did you try before your BFP? 6 months – basically we just ditched BC and I tried to follow my fertility windows, but we have been on so crazy schedules that most of cycles weren’t even together in the right time.

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? We were in our delayed honeymoon trip in USA (we’re from Europe) and were relaxed and having BD more often than at home. I’m not sure if it happened in hotel room or in tent, the tent version sounds much funnier!

Is this your first child? Yes! DH already has one from previous marriage, and he’s assuring me that he’ll know everything I need 😀

Any symptoms yet? Mild cramps, sore breasts, slightly queasy feeling then and there. Basically like PMS.

What are you most excited about? Announcing to my family (they’ve been waiting for years!), having a baby and introducing him/her to this wonderful world, seeing DH as dad.

What are you most nervous about? MS, labour complications, having healty baby.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Wine!

Who have you told so far? Told DH the same moment I took test, next day I had to tell my boss and project manager because we’re planning some big projects for next year which will hugely depend on me (and we’re having a year of paid maternity leave, so I’ll have to hand over everything mid-project). Going to tell my parents in Christmas, not sure about DH’s mother yet, because she’ll want to tell other family members but I would be more comfortable with keeping it small until 12w.

Post # 531
1834 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  yes I was referring to my normal doctor’s appointment I had at 5 weeks. I’m in Canada and won’t see an OBGYN until 20 weeks, which apparently is normal here. The reason I’m having an early ultrasound at 7 weeks is because of the red spotting and cramping I had last week. If it wasn’t for that, my first ultrasound would have been at 12 weeks. 

View original reply
Inmara:  congrats and welcome!

Post # 537
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Wow I can’t keep up! Welcome and congratulations to all the ladies who have roll called in the last few days. It’s so exciting to see more joining!

View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  Yes, I agree on the tiredness. It’s really hit me in the last few days. I don’t feel like I have to sleep all the time, but I need a sit down and a rest after I do anything. Did the groceries and had to sit down before I could unpack them etc. And I’m generally a bit crabby and irritable which is my usual sign of tiredness. On second thoughts, maybe I do need a heck more sleep!

View original reply
emsy3110:  Glad to hear you’re manaing to eat a bit more. Hopefully your body will be a bit kinder to you soon.

Post # 538
197 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Krispi:  MY DH has insisted on coming to both my appointments so far, but he is on holidays. If he’d had to get time off work I would have encouraged him to come just to the second one as the first was just getting blood test done and answering a few questions. But if he wants to, it’s very sweet of him!Hope you can get some help with the swelling. That sounds really uncomfortable.

Post # 539
197 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Mollie-Rose:  With the OB you mentioned, it sounds from the reaction of the midwife that this Dr might be recognised as not really being on her game. Hopefully in the time since your little one was born things have changed a bit, but even in the public system I would think if you’re uncomfortable with someone you can’t be forced to be treated by them. Is there any way to find out if she’s still working there to prepare yourself?

AFM, I saw my GP again last week. I had the bloods done at 3w6d so she laughed at how low my hcg level was, but happy that it was good for that timeframe. She just thought we were cute for coming in so soon. She said if we were desperate she would be willing to refer for an early ultrasound, but 7-8 weeks would put us right over Christmas so we’ll wait for the 12 week. She sent a referral for the birth centre we’re considering. I know it seems so early to be thinking about it, but they don’t take many women as it’s quite small and I wasn’t even the first to inquire for August. We did a visit on the weekend and went ahead with registering there. Can’t quite believe it! So I have my referrals for 1st trimester screening and just have to wait until then. Oh and I told my sister which was good, but fairly anticlimactic. She is pretty clueless about pregnancy. Now gearing up to tell our parents when we arrive on Friday!

Post # 540
197 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Mollie-Rose:  Oh and good luck for the scan tomorrow!

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors