(Closed) August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 556
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

So I called my Dr. on Saturday to see when I should come in for an appointment and the receptionist said she has space that day so I could just go at 1:30. Little did she tell me was that it was walk-in hours, so I had to wait a while, which was fine, but I was also okay with just booking an appointment sometime this week. Anyways, got to see the Dr. which was good. Not much really to discuss, just asked her some questions and my DH had some questions too. But it was pretty routine. I just have to decide whether I want a midwife or OB. If I want a midwife, they will most likely take over care pretty soon, but if I want an OB, I’ll keep seeing my family doctor for awhile until the OB takes over. I’m leaning towards a midwife and the midwife clinic is supposed to call me this week to see if they even have someone available for me due date (there is usually a wait list for midwives here!). So hopefully I can at least get in to talk to a midwife to see if that’s the route we want to take.

Also, I celebrated my 30th birthday on Saturday night! It was the 1st time I had to be sneaky and get the waiters to bring me drinks that looked alcoholic, lol I don’t know if I pulled it off, but I think I did a pretty good job! But I can already tell that the holidays are going to be super hard to navigate with all the drinking festivities!

Post # 557
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Due date: LMP August 7th but I have irregular periods and I tracked my temperature, and I’m thinking closer to August 19th. 

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 16 DPO if my chart is correct

How long did you try before your BFP? First month! I have PCOS and subclinical hypothyroid, I was actually going to call my DR THAT DAY to go on bcp again to help control the pcos symptoms. POAS just in case and…BFP! 

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Not trying a while, but I used Kindara and temped

Is this your first child? Yes!

Any symptoms yet? Painful cramps keep waking me up at night. I don’t know if it is gas, uterus stretching, a bad sign (no bleeding at all though, which is good), or possible leftover cysts from my PCOS. I called my DR today because I was up for an hour last night with super painful cramping and I’ve had (TMI!) diarrhea twice. 

What are you most excited about? We’re having a baby! I’m so excited to tell people but I’m also cautious. Not sure if we will share with just immediate family or also extended at Christmas. 

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage. 

What will you miss most while pregnant? Sushi! 

Who have you told so far? Just my husband. I’m so excited though I’m ready to blurt it out to anyone. “Pregnant! I’m pregnant!” 

Include a picture of your BFP if you want!

My first ultrasound isn’t until January 2nd, and I feel iffy about telling people without an ultrasound first…but it is also Christmastime and we will be surrounded by family and loved ones! I keep daydreaming about telling people. I’m concerned becaues pcos and thyroid issues can raise the risk of miscarriage. Not to mention my constant cramping–it feels like painful period cramps. So I’m torn.

What are you ladies doing at Christmas? Passing drinks off to your husband or sharing the news? 

Post # 558
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

So many new mamas! I was away for a few days and can’t keep up!  Congrats and welcome!

I also saw there were a few losses in the group. I am so sorry to see that news but know that you’re all in our thoughts and we wish sticky beans soon!

AFM sitting here at 5w5d. DH and I were with my parents this weekend at my cousin’s wedding and it was so hard not to tell them yet!  I was in the bridal party so I pulled the “I’ve been drinking since 8:30 this morning and I need to pace myself at the reception”. I think they bought it which is good since we’re waiting to tell them at Christmas. I’ve been feeling pretty good…I start to feel a little icky if I get hungry and my boobs hurt a little if I lay the wrong way but other than that doing ok. I think the tiredness is starting to hit though. I feel like I didn’t sleep at all last night even though I didn’t wake up once. 

Post # 559
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
heyyall:  
View original reply
CircleFace:  
View original reply
MrsYoshida:  
View original reply
kalinicole:  Oh my gosh… Welcome ladies!!! Congrats!

So I just told my boss. I was soooo nervous. Like shakey nervous for some reason!

I was going back and forth on the subject for a few weeks now of when I should tell him and I decided that I would feel more comfortable telling him now just in case anything happens and to justify my sick time. I’m just a straight forward person and it makes me feel better knowing that he knows. He suggested that I tell our director – which I am planning on – but I’m waiting until after my first appointment on Friday. 

Post # 560
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stanley House Inn

Okay. I’m gonna say it. There is definitely something in the water. Look at all of these new names! I’m not even tagging all of you because it spans multiple pages. Congraaaaaaats!

MrsLuckyBee:  I’ve told a lot of my family – I’m going to tell my siblings on Christmas so they can all get squealy happy with me while their husbands roll their eyes (I have 5 sisters). Honestly if I MC then I really want the support of people I care about -so i’m selective on who I’m telling.

LuckyinLove17:  Happy happy happy birthday! Apparently bartenders and waiters are actually pretty used to sneaking in non-alcoholic versions of whatever drink you want.

View original reply
Mollie-Rose:  It’s lost in the pages – when are you telling Dad? and make sure you give us an update!!

View original reply
Ellie85: Breathe deep, enjoy being pregnant. 

Choo choo, all aboard the crazy train. We’ve got room for everybody! I’m pretty sure DH is going to lock me in the nuthouse soon.

On another note – DH is now full swing with nights. I’ve been getting awesome snuggles when he gets home and we’re adjusting – I’ve missed him a ton at night and I’m super needy;  this morning he said that we’ll be fine for now, that it’ll get better and then it’ll get worse for a while. Apparently he’s started worrying about how it’ll be when Littlefoot gets bigger and all of the pregnancy changes and how it’ll affect me with him being gone. He’s super sweet. He also said it’s time to get me a new bed so that I’ll be comfortable (after I made comments about me rolling out of bed like a beached whale) – score!

Anyone else have a really long torso? I’ve seen quite a few women built like me (6’1″) that don’t get all big and waddly and feel like I’ll probably be in that boat. Smaller bump cuz that kid will have tons of room to stretch out.

Post # 561
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
MrsLuckyBee:  Congrats!!! I already had to hide drinking from the inlaws on Thanksgiving. DH and I both ordered wine and I just fake sipped mine and put my glass next to his. He ended up drinking both and his parents didn’t even notice! (We told them a few days later when both of our parents were together and they said they had no clue)

We are having an ugly xmas sweater party at our house on Saturday. Once again, I’m going to make “fake” drinks. Either sprite with a lime and/or just carry an empty beer bottle around in my coozie so noone can tell there is nothing in it. Should be interesting… 

So it can be done!

Post # 562
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

Congrats to all the new comers! Glad to see we have some new names on this thread 🙂

fyrefly816: I have a long torso. Im only 5’7″ but I have the same length legs as a friend who is 5’2″  I think this will be GREAT for pregnancy but normally I hate my squatty legs!!! My sister is the same way…she is 5″10′ and didn’t start to show until 17 weeks but she ended up putting on a TON of weight and was huge at the end. I want a bump now but I know I will be thankful when its all over because we’ll have less weight to lose!!! Plus, I’ve heard with longer torso’s we’ll have less heartburn and issues with our insides being all squished up!

Post # 563
178 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
LuckyinLove17: I’ve found bartenders to be really good about keeping up the act. DH ordered me a soda water and lime but asked for it in the same glass as a vodka soda and the bartender said “your wife is pregnant, isn’t she?”. He told DH he’d remember the rest of the night and could just order vodka soda in front of others and he’d make sure it was just soda water. They see it all the time!

Post # 564
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ema721:  The one server was like really, really confused at first. Haha I think it must have been his first time getting asked to make “special” drinks. When we were leaving he pulled me aside and was like “Aren’t you going to tell your friends??” Like in an accusatory way :$ I was like, um no, I’m still really early and am not sharing the news yet. lol 

A woman bartender at the other place we went to was great and got it right away. 

Thankfully, all of our next major events are in houses, which I think should be easier to hide, since I can make my own drink in the kitchen without people around. Or can fake sip a glass of wine for awhile before passing off to the hubby.

Post # 565
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  I was thinking I might have to tell my boss in the new year only because each Jan-Feb, we do an annual destruction of our records which I coorindiate and involves lifting tons and tons of boxes. I can either say that my back injury has flared up again and I cannot lift boxes, or I might have to tell her. But if I tell her, I don’t know what she is going to say to the rest of the staff who will end up having to pick up the slack. 

How much is too much lifting would you say? A typical day of destruction would have me lifting approx. 15-20 boxes or more. I can probably space that out and slow down. But I’m just not sure if lifting anything is a good idea. I’ll bring it up to the dr when I see her next, but that’s not until the middle of January. Any advice?

Post # 566
105 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
fyrefly816:  I’m 5’10” and really hope the bump will be small and I’ll be able to do physical activities as long as possible. Several women I know have been actually loosing weight for most of their pregnancy because baby somehow consumed all extra pounds… And bump has been less noticeable for those with wide frames as well.

Post # 567
262 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
AOriver:  so you have trouble bumping your head on car roofs, too? I hate that, just so you know – I can’t put things in my hair and always have to sink down in the seat so i don’t bump. I’m down for less issues with the internal squishing, though. I’m already chubby, so maybe it’ll squish the tummy out into adorable bump.

Shameless admission – I already own  3 or 4 maternity tops – they are longer and fit better since I wear a large top and have a small chest – hopefully I can keep rocking those!

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  
View original reply
ema721:  I am pretty glad I don’t have to worry about this – everyone I work with and most of my acquaintances know I don’t drink very often, if at all, even at a party or happy hour – so ordering something else doesn’t put up any flags.

Post # 568
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

fyrefly816:  Oh, high sock buns and my car do not get along! At least shopping for jeans is easy for me since my squatty legs fit in regular lengths!  I always try to find extra long tops (thank you old navy) but I’m going to be THRILLED to start wearing maternity tops since I currently have to wear tanks under all my shirts or they magically become midriff tops….  

Post # 569
262 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Inmara:  I’ve seen women who are overweight and obese comment on losing weight. I’m overweight, but not obese. I waffle between being excited about potentially losing weight and scared of gaining, to being cool with gaining because I know my body will adjust to being healthy.

I lost 30 pounds last year… and have had all of my “fat clothes” sitting in a box to be donated – I think I’ll hold onto them just in case. If nothing else I have some adorable dresses I never wore because I lost weight right after I bought them – I bet they’d look super cute with a belt over any size bump!

View original reply
LuckyinLove17:  I’ve told one of my supervisors – I will wait to tell the other (I just don’t want to share with her right now) – but I have a desk job. I don’t think lifting would be a problem – especially that early on – just remember you’ll probably tire out a lot faster and will need to take breaks. Are you in the US? She legally can’t say anything about a personal issue/injury/pregnancy/etc. pertaining to one of her employees. She could let them know you’ve been tasked with something else, or whatever you are comfortable with telling, but still doesn’t have any obligation to explain why you aren’t participating at all.

and FWIW I’m not hating on big and waddly – so pretty. I’ve been watching Breaking Bad and they always had Skylar looking smaller with the bump and figured that’s probably what I’ll wind up with. I’d love big and waddly, though.

Post # 570
262 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
AOriver:  I might have to check Old Navy for long tops! I haaaaate when they are too short. And they are always too short.

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors