(Closed) August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 571
1964 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Jamergurl921:  LuckyinLove17:  I’m not telling my boss until I tell all my other coworkers. Even though legally she isn’t allowed to tell anyone, she has a big mouth and I know she will blab the news to people. So I have to keep my lips zipped. A few of my close coworkers know but I trust that they will not say anything!

Post # 572
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Wow, this thread has exploded recently! Welcome to all the newcomers.

I actually had an incident yesterday where I had to hide that I’m not drinking and didn’t expect it. We had a holiday lunch for my little work group at a local restaurant. I was just going to order a tea and if anyone asked say that I didn’t feel like having any alcohol because it was only lunch. But then my boss ordered wine for the table. They know I like wine and specifically asked me what kind I wanted. I felt bad about it, and it would have been suspicious at that point if I’d said no. So I had them pour me some, took a couple of really small sips while eating, and traded glasses with my husband when no one was looking. I don’t think anyone noticed.

I’m also not wearing my wedding ring today, just my engagement ring, because my fingers were really swollen this morning, although they’re better now. I don’t know if anyone will notice. I have a hair tie around my pants because I can’t button them. And I’m not wearing dresses because people would be able to see my poor swollen ankles. I really didn’t think I’d have to deal with all this so soon! I was really emotional about it all yesterday, and thankfully my husband was good about letting me vent.

ETA: I haven’t told anyone at work yet. I’m hoping to hold out until at least after the holidays. I actually haven’t told anyone but my husband, since we want to wait until Christmas to tell our families. Once I see when my first ultrasound will be scheduled, we’ll talk about whether/when to tell our friends and coworkers.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  .
Post # 573
1168 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
emsy3110:  
View original reply
fyrefly816:  

View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  
View original reply
graciej:  Thanks for the reassurance, ladies πŸ™‚ I went to my OB this morning to confirm pregnancy.  He normally doesn’t do serial quants, but I asked if he would for peace of mind. He agreed and he also scheduled my first ultrasound for about 6 1/2 wks instead of his normal 8 wks so I could hear the heartbeat and feel more at ease. So here’s hoping my numbers are good from today to Wednesday and that everything looks great on Jan 5!!

Post # 574
1934 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
Krispi:  You are lucky it worked out for you, the surprise drinking lunch. The same exact thing happened to me last week except all my coworkers ordered beers.  I didn’t have anyone there to help me cover, so I just ordered a root beer.  One of my coworkers (a friend at work, so he did it in a joking-ish manner) called me out on it in front of everyone.  I tried to just turn his question around on him and how he said he didn’t want to drink but then ended up getting beers, but it was still a few beats of everyone watching me and acknowledging that I dodged drinking and then dodged the question about it.  So rude of him! 

Post # 575
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stanley House Inn

View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  Ugh. Judgy jokes in front of everyone are not cool πŸ™ I feel like it’s a fine balancing act between “stay out of my business” and “I usually share at least some part of my business with you but not today”

View original reply
Ellie85:  bumpbump! Yay little heartbeats! FX for great quants!

View original reply
Krispi:  I am so sorry you’re puffy! Sounds like a huge PITA (pain in the ass, or ankles, as the case may be).

Post # 576
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stanley House Inn

View original reply
AOriver:  Surprisingly, the supervisor that I told is usually the chatty one – he can’t keep a secret of anything. Granted, he’s usually blabbing them to me. Maybe that’s why he’s keeping this one quiet?

Post # 577
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
sheclicksherheels:  Oh my goodness, yes to the crazy dreams!! I’ve had so many vivid dreams and nightmares, and several a night. That’s totally out of the normal for me, glad I’m not the only one dealing with this!

View original reply
Krispi:  It sounds like you did a great job of hiding it, and sorry to 
View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  that you got called out by a coworker. I’m really nervous about this, as everyone knows I love my wine, and my boss has already commented that he’ll be bringing some in on Friday to kick off the Christmas holidays.  I think I’m just going to have to take a glass, and then sneakily pour it out at some point. I’ve been pretty good at hiding it at parties, but I have two friends who * just * had babies (6 weeks, and 4 weeks) and surprisingly it was their husbands who noticed I wasn’t drinking.  You can totally tell they know what’s up having literally just gone through the same thing, but are polite enough not to say anything.

Post # 578
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
Andthepupmakes3:  That’s crazy that he called you out on it! It’s one thing to notice and wonder, but it’s another to bring it to everyone else’s attention too.

View original reply
ykyegbride:  My husband actually noticed that our best man’s wife wasn’t drinking at our wedding last year. She had just stopped nursing and was so looking forward to getting her drink on, and they got a hotel room in the city for the night, so it was weird that she wasn’t drinking. I was too busy saying hello to everyone to notice. He mentioned it to me but never would have said anything to them. Sure enough, they had their second baby this past spring. I wonder why it’s easier for the guys to pick up on that sort of thing.

Post # 579
103 posts
Blushing bee

Gosh, I’ve been terrible at keeping up with this thread. I’m sorry to see we’ve had some losses recently πŸ™ But, I’m so glad to see how many new mamas have joined recently!! 

I’m 6w3d (based on O date) and going to my first appt on Wednesday. I have a feeling they aren’t going to do an ultrasound. I called the doctors office last week and asked the receptionist but she sounded annoyed about me asking questions and gave me vague non-answers, thanks for nothing! Blah. Anyways, this has been a BUSY month and we are moving in a couple of weeks so my mind has been elsewhere. I’ve been getting little bouts of morning sickness every now and then, mostly if I don’t eat, but it hasn’t been too bad at all yet. My appetite has been weird, I’ll get cravings for something and then as soon as I eat it I don’t even want to think about it anymore because it grosses me out.

For those of you who work have you thought about what you will do after baby comes? I’ve been thinking about this lately. I’ve been working from home, but now that we are moving I will actually go back to the office, which I’m excited about because working from home is LONELY. I wish I could be a Stay-At-Home Mom but that just isn’t financially realistic for us right now because we are moving to a very expensive place because of our jobs. But then again, child care is also extremely expensive so I guess we will have to weigh the pros and cons. Anyways, I just wanted to hear if any other August mamas have been thinking about this.

Post # 580
2349 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’ll join. I was a frequent poster from 2011-2012, but kind of tapered off after not having much relevant to add after awhile. But I’d like to come back, as I just got my positive test last week.

Due date: I think 8/21/15

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I was tracking, but not sure I agree with fertility friend. Somewhere between 13 and 9 DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? 3 cycles, but over a 6 month period. First cycle off BCP was 78 days!

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Just lucky I guess

Is this your first child? No, I have a three year old daughter.

Any symptoms yet? Still too early

What are you most excited about? Feeling the baby move

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage, birth defects, illnesses, and then, the cost of two kids in daycare

What will you miss most while pregnant? Alcohol and unlimited coffee

Who have you told so far? Just my mom (and husband)<br />

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”>I’m excited to be back on Weddingbee! I was really active while pregnant the first time and looking forward to posting again. <br /><br /></div>

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  Tatum.
  • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  Tatum.
Post # 583
1964 posts
Buzzing bee

kiraly17:  I will try to come back to work Part Time but I’m 99% sure they will not allow it, so I am planning on quitting. Ill take some time with the babe and then look for a part time job. I was very admit about having flexibility with my job situation when DH and I talked about starting to have a family. We put off TTC in order to get ourselves in order financially so that it would be a possibility. We will be putting a lot of money away over the next ten months (I get 2 months fully paid from my work) so I should be able to stay home full time for up to a year if I can not find something part time. But I really would like to work part time…it will give me a chance to get out of the house and converse with adults and it will give the babe time away from me and with another baby (my friend will watch it for us). All in all, it would be an ideal situation for me.

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors