(Closed) August 2015 Mamas Part II – Congrats!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Ha I just posted in the other thread but I’ll repost here too πŸ™‚ 

I just bought this shirt for DH for Christmas to wear under his sweater

Once he gets “hot” he can take off his sweater and see if anyone notices. 

Post # 5
1973 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

fyrefly816:  Thanks! I was waiting to get that list from Mollie-Rose but you’re on it!

Post # 7
103 posts
Blushing bee

Yay new thread!!

Bees, I had a little argument with DH this morning and I wanted to know if I’m being insensitive. I was reminding him that I’m going to dinner with my very close friend tomorrow and he then asks “how are you going to hide being pregnant when you guys always order drinks?”. I’ve thought about this and I actually want to tell her and I’ve mentioned this to DH before, but he got so mad at me this morning for saying that. He said “I don’t want anyone else knowing before we tell my family”, which we are going to do on Christmas as a nice surprise. The thing is we are moving in 2 weeks and I am very close with my friend. I confided in her about my PCOS, how we were NTNP, and she would always ask me how everything was going – we talk about everything. I’m not going to see her very often and I would love to just tell her tomorrow since there is no way for me to really hide it when I don’t order a drink, unless I cancel our dinner completely which I don’t want to do. It’s still very early for me since I’m just under 7 weeks, but I know I would confide in her regardless. DH then threatened to tell his family if I tell her – which I know he wouldn’t do, he was just angry and he loves to be an asshole sometimes and blow smoke πŸ˜‰ But I’m just really bothered that he will be so incredibly mad at me apparently if I tell her. Am I being insensitive to his feelings? Knowing him I feel like he is just being dramatic, but I don’t want this to blow up in to a huge fight. He seems to think that if I tell her she is going to tell everyone, which is absolutely ridiculous because she doesn’t really have anyone else to tell (she’s newer to this area), and I know she would respect my asking her not to tell anyone yet. 

Post # 8
1973 posts
Buzzing bee

fyrefly816:  Maybe she can be the list keeper for a bit longer! πŸ™‚

kiraly17:  Hmmm…that’s a tough one. Does he know your reasons for wanting to share with her? I try to respect my DH’s opinions on things like this because he is just as much a part of it as I am, but if I really wanted to tell a friend and had a reason, as you do, I think he would be willing to compromise with me.

Post # 9
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
kiraly17:  Have you told your DH what you just told us? I feel like you make some valid points that would make him understand a bit better. DH telling his family in retaliation is a little childish. Maybe say something like I know that you want to tell people too and we will but telling our family should be special and at a time we are all together. 

Have you guys decided how you are going to tell your family? Maybe have DH be a part of the planning. 

Post # 10
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Jamergurl921:  
View original reply
AOriver:  I tried to state a lot of those feelings this morning, but I feel like I’m bad at laying out logical reasons in the moment (I get emotional and hormones don’t help). DH is tough to “argue” with and he doesn’t deal with emotions very well, the more I push the more push back I get from him, it’s very childish and he has admited this plenty of times. I feel like he is just being a little selfish about it, while trying to tell me that I’m being selfish. I am always very respectuful of his feelings and I know that this pregnancy is about both of us, but I don’t see the harm in telling my very close friend who I know will ask me point blank anyways. We both decided to wait until Christmas to tell our families, we are going to give the grandparents cute infant booties and he’s been pretty involved with all of that. This will be a complete shock to both our families as no one knows we were TTC (or NTNP), so we thought this would really make their Christmas very special.

DH is just very frustrating sometimes, he can be extremely stubborn and I feel like he argues just for the sake of arguing sometimes. Grrrrrr. I think I’ll try to talk to him a little more calmly tonight and clearly state some of my points. 

Post # 11
103 posts
Blushing bee

I guess I’ll also throw in that even though this is a very close friend of me (my closest friend in the area), she annoys DH sometimes. She has a strong personality and DH has a low tolerance for people in general. I’m sure that’s part of it. She has a very good heart and is extremely caring and she means well and DH knows this even though he rarely admits it. 

Post # 12
105 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
kiraly17:  This is tough one, but I think in this case your DH is unreasonable. You have very good emotional and logistic reasons to tell your friend now, and he should respect that. Maybe try to write down a list with your points, so you can better discuss with DH in person, without getting emotional? Also, emphasize that your friend is completely out of your family circle, and she won’t tell anyone (and noone in family will know that somebody got these news earlied – as if that matters, but for some family members maybe it does).<br /><br />

Post # 13
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Inmara:  Thank you for the advice. As an update I just chatted with DH on gchat (we always chat when we work) and I restated my reasons and he said he understood and is ok with me telling her. I think he needed to cool down, and I did too. He can be such a butthead sometimes πŸ˜‰ Anyways, I’ll stop clogging this forum with DH drama. 

How is everyone doing? A lot of ladies have dr appts this week right? Mine is tomorrow!

Post # 14
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I can’t believe we need a Part II already!! Loving all these BFPs!

I haven’t poas since Saturday which was at the Dr.s anyways so I had to, lol. I don’t think I will be doing anymore tests. I feel like it will just drive me crazy. But I don’t have very many symptons yet (apart from sore breasts) so it doesn’t really feel like I’m pregnant. But I’m just going to go with it and assume everything is okay. I have another dr. appointment mid-Jan but I won’t have any ultrasounds done until around week 10 or so. Which kills me! I want to see the little bean!

Post # 15
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
kiraly17:  My first appointment is tomorrow too!

I’m hoping to get some answers about this swelling, which hasn’t gotten any better yet, as well as just a general confirmation that things are going well otherwise. We’ve decided that my husband won’t go to this appointment. He has to rewire the network for a store tomorrow, and having to leave the site for the appointment would mean a super long day for him. (He’s an IT networking manager, and his installer is out, which means he has to fill in.)

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas Part II – Congrats!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors