(Closed) August 2015 Mamas Part II – Congrats!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 330
1840 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

fyrefly816:  have you asked your dr about the spotting? How far along are you? I have a friend who spotted pretty consistently from week 6-week 10ish. Her dr said it was totally normal and to only be worried if it got heavy and was accompanied by cramps. It might be worth calling in just to put your mind at ease!

ETA- just saw your update…..GOOD NEWS!!!!! even if its you being an idiot…at least its not spotting!

Post # 332
737 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
fyrefly816:  
View original reply
kiraly17:  I saw a special needs handbell choir on TV earlier today and had to fight the tears. That was a serious holiday joy moment.

View original reply
AOriver:  I’m still having the opposite problem. I made a batch of red velvet cookie bars last night and was proud of myself for successfully taste testing one this morning. They are pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

I’m telling my family tonight!! I’m getting nervous about it for some reason.

Post # 334
1840 posts
Buzzing bee

Krispi:  oooh red velvet…..drooooool!!!! Good luck telling the fam! We’re telling our parents tomorrow. So exciting!

Post # 335
737 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
fyrefly816:  
View original reply
AOriver:  Thanks! I’m sure they’ll be super excited.

Post # 336
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

View original reply
kiraly17:  This gave me a good giggle! Food is definitely worth crying over when you’re pregnant. DH bought me a pack of Tim-Tams and I cried happy tears. Then I ate one and was seriously upset that I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as I should have (Tim Tams are AMAZING!).

View original reply
AOriver:  I’m basically eating whatever will stay down. If that’s sugar, then so be it. My dr says I NEED to put on weight. I will, however, struggle if I do not enjoy my food today. I will quite literally cry. I LOVE Christmas food! 

View original reply
Krispi:  Those holiday joy tears! I watched Christmas carols on TV last night. I cried with joy at the children dancing along on screen (mine was sound asleep). I bawled at A Christmas Story this year, despite having seen it I don’t even know how many times!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM AUSTRALIA LADIES!!!!! Santa has been, he’s had his beer and tim tams, and left a pile of goodies for our wonderful little boy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 337
1789 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

Merry Christmas from NZ where I’m currently holidaying! Good luck to all August mummies telling family over the christmas holiday! Don’t forget to post your stories! I’m away from family until new years’, so I think I’ll tell the in-Laws and then skype my parents afterwards.. or the other way around!

I was thinking of telling my parents over skype ‘Happy new year! Actually it’s going to be an extra happy new year… because you’re going to be grandparents!!!’ or something along those lines ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Can’t wait to see their reactions!!! 

Post # 338
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Merry Christmas ladies!! I just got back from my mom’s family gathering.  We ended up trying to take a group photo but instead video taping everyone and saying Jamergurl’s pregnant instead of cheese.  It was hilarious.  My husband had to say it 3 times before anyone moved. My cousins wife got it right away and was like Helloooo??? Is anyone paying attention???

It is great because we have it on camera forever.

I can’t wait to tell everyone else tomorrow!

Post # 339
1646 posts
Bumble bee

Merry Christmas ladies!!! We told our families lass nigt and their reactions were awesome. We were able to get everything on video too which we were so happy about!

We first told me parents by giving them the grandma onesie. I wanted to give it to them in the afternoon because I knew I’d have a difficult time eating at night. So I told them it was a little something to go with dinner. So my mom was like oh it must be a nice table cloth or something! So they both started opening the present and then they both put their hand in without looking and they couldn’t figure out what it is. So my mom took a peak and her reaction was priceless. She screamed I saw something!!! And then looked at me with big eyes and my brother and dad were like what so you mean?! What did you see?! So they opened the box completely and they all started screaming and crying haha! They were so so happy! 

We told DH’s parents over Skype because we won’t see them until next week. We had them close their eyes and said we had a present for them. When they opened their eyes the grandma onesie was on the screen. DH’s dad was frozen lol and his mom couldn’t stop saying oh my goodness oh my goodness! And then his mom started laughing because his dad was just looking blank with emotions so she was like say something! He enevtually said congrats and then had a good chat with both of them but I think he was just caught completely off guard lol. His mom was so funny, she couldn’t think straight and was getting so excited to shop with me next week and reorganize her whole schedule next year.

So overall we got pretty great reactions and we are so happy the secret is finally out!!!

Post # 340
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
emsy3110:  oh yay! Such great reactions! 

Post # 341
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Merry Christmas!!!! We told DH’s parents last night. We did Christmas with them yesterday afternoon and then we always do dirty Santa with his mom’s family. Well, I knew she wouldn’t be able to keep a secret so we waited until we got home from dirty Santa to give them one more gift. (We aren’t telling my mom til today so I didn’t want his whole extended family to know before my mom knew.) Anyway, so we got back and have them a picture frame that says “Celebrate Grandkids”. Then in the picture, we put a cute little poem and put Due in August 2015. They were so excited! His dad almost dropped the frame to give me a big hug. And his mom said, “Well I might retire sooner than two years now!” Even DH’s brother was excited. Then DHs mom starts telling me what I can and can’t do during pregnancy and DHs brother surprisingly put a stop to that for me and said, “I think she’s got this! Don’t worry!” It was cute. I’ve thought about how excited his parents would be to be grandparents, but hadn’t really thought of how great of an uncle he will be!

Now im making ham and hash brown casserole to get ready for Christmas part 2 ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t expect as much excitement from my family because there are already 3 grandkids on that side (compared to 0 on DHs side.) but I know they will all be happy!

View original reply
emsy3110:  Awww, so cute!!! Glad you got such great reactions!

Post # 342
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Well the reveal to my mom was just as good. She cried. And my sister is excited to have a niece or nephew who actually lives here and not half way across the country.

Then I came home and had lots of cramping. DH and I BD’d and I had a lot of spotting afterwards. The cramping stopped (I think it was just gas.) So I really hope that the spotting was just due to sex. I know it causes it but I’m just terrified after my previous MC. Ugh. 

Post # 343
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

I got a bit teary reading those reveal stories. Such great reactions! (In saying that, I also cried because my toast was burnt this morning).

Our reveal to my Mum was very basic. “Merry Christmas! You’re getting another grandbaby!” her response was “I knew it! And it’s a girl this time, I can just tell”. I thought she’d worked it out when I was saying I had to get my iron levels checked when I was actually getting my HCG levels checked. Apparently she’d worked it out a week and a half earlier which is bizzare because I was still getting negative HPTs at that stage! Also Dad gave it away when he called her for from the mines for Christmas and told her that she was going to have a “VERY Merry Christmas”. My Dad is such a dag lol. I couldn’t handle the pav or any meat other than turkey or my usual favourite salad – but taco salad is my new favourite thing and I ate SOOOO much toblerone cheesecake! And my little man had the most wonderful Christmas – He had the biggest smile on his face all day!

View original reply
Ellie85:  Gas pains make me panic too. FX the spotting is just from BD’ing. 

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas Part II – Congrats!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors