(Closed) August 2015 Mamas Part II – Congrats!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 434
28 posts
Newbee

I have a question about the FB group.  I’d like to join, but I don’t want all of my FB friends to know I’m pregnant.  If I post in the group, do you know if it will show up on my timeline?  Thanks!

Post # 435
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Hello ๐Ÿ™‚

My little bean is due August 4th. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

First trimester was a breeze, thankfully. A little nausea at first but other than being tired… all the time… it has been great. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 436
1834 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
BrooklynBee2014:  The group is completely private. No one will see it on you profile.

View original reply
BrooklynBee2014:  
View original reply
MrsRoberts52:  If you ladies want to join the FB group, PM me your email address that you use for FB and I’ll add you to the group. We are very chatty over there!

Post # 437
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

So happy, had my first not totally-feeling-like-i-might-be-sick day yesterday and actually enjoyed my evening for the first time in weeks, which happened to correspond with the only day I didn’t take my vitamins cause I was too ill to put anything with a flavour in my mouth… coincidence?  Feeling good so far today, I might even exercise!  Only 9 weeks so it may come back but I am relieved to have this breath of fresh air.

I am also curious for people to describe what they mean when they say they feel pregnant,  I am still almost a month away from my first scan and I have mostly just felt like I have had a stomach virus.  I really think I need to see the baby to beleive it!  

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  jenspadiva.
Post # 438
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
jenspadiva:  I have a friend who felt very ill because of her prenatals. If you aren’t used to takin vitamins it can do a number on you. Especially the iron. I’m taking Garden of Life organic prenatals that have aome stomach soothing ingredients. You also have to take 3 a day so I think it helps lessen the effects. 

FWIW I don’t feel pregnant and I’m 12+3!!! Ive had barely any symptoms at all. The only thing that makes me feel pregnant is my belly growing a little and having had our first scan and knowing there’s a baby in there!

Post # 439
497 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
AOriver:  I actually don’t think it can be my vitamins because I take them at dinner time but always start feeling unwell around lunchtime, which is getting harder to hide at work. hehe, I have been told i look pale andmight want to go to the dr…. I don’t know if I should pretend I have a mystery illness or if I should just say that despite my pale face and dwindling ability to keep my head up, I feel fine!  I am glad you know you have a baby in there   

Post # 440
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
jenspadiva:  hmm there goes my theory! are you snacking between breakfast and lunch? If not, that may help!

Post # 441
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

View original reply
jenspadiva:  I’m so sorry you are feeling crappy. I have been feeling nauseous in the afternoon/evening as well. Mornings are fine but I just wear down by the end if the day. Hopefully it gets better for us soon.

Post # 442
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
jenspadiva:  
View original reply
AOriver:  I agree wtih you ladies! I don’t really “feel” pregnant at all either. I got to hear a heartbeat at my most recent doctor’s appointment, so that made it feel real for a few minutes, but still don’t feel any different.

Post # 443
497 posts
Helper bee

Yes, snacking helps the nausia, but do any of you get the feeling of needing to constantly rest your head against something because your neck is so weak?  Ha I was asked if I was okay today and I said that I was just bored.  I was slouching in such a terrible way just so I could put my head against my backrest.  Not a good long term solution…. or even short term one.

I had my flu shot yesterday and that did not go well, I didn’t have a reaction but I got all lightheaded and couldn’t see or hear properly for like 5 or 10  minutes which freaked me out.  I never even saw the needle so I don’t know what my deal is.  Now I am worried I will pass out during labor or something!  Thinking about how I will be faced with this issue made it feel real to me.

Post # 444
476 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Ahh today was an exciting day! Got the call that I got a spot with the midwives I was on the waitlist for and also got a call with the results of my blood test–healthy baby and they have the gender! I am picking up the results and heading to Sprinkles to order cupcakes for our gender reveal brunch this weekend. So excited!! 12 weeks on Thursday, but I am wondering if I should wait till my 13 week appointment to make sure everything is okay before I announce it on FB. I know the risk of miscarriage is small, but I am worried they could find no heartbeat at the appointment. I still don’t feel pregnant, so it is exciting to know it’s real! 

Post # 445
1834 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
vanessa7:  So exciting that you’ll know the gender already!

Post # 446
35 posts
Newbee

View original reply
vanessa7:  no fair!  I was at babies r us today and I am so ready to find out the sex of baby! I won’t find out until week 20!

Post # 447
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

vanessa7:  That’s awesome about the gender!!!!! I did the harmony test and should have the results by next Friday at the latest. I can’t wait!!!!

Also- very jealous you are having sprinkles!!!

Post # 448
476 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Thank you, ladies!! We are having a boy! I had a feeling it would be a girl based on how far we were from ovulation (I’ve heard the farther away you DTD, the more chance it’s a girl), so it was definitely a surprise, but we are so thrilled and it feels even more real. I am looking forward to my 13 week appointment on Thursday and we are planning on posting it on social media on Friday! Is everyone getting ready to make a big announcement? It’s crazy to think we’re gonna start showing soon! 

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas Part II – Congrats!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors