(Closed) August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I can’t fall asleep tonight and my poor Darling Husband is tired of me bugging him. I have been singing about the fact that “noobody knows the troubles I’ve seen”, woken him up by mimicking his snoring, tickled his back with my toes, complained loudly about how much my neck hurts and why do my legs have to touch at night anyway,  and the list just keeps going. I’m sure that he is glad that I found something to occupy me. 

We’ve been debating names since finding out that the baby is a boy, but nothing is standing out. We want the name to start with a J, so suggestions are welcomed! We’ve tried out and discarded almost all of the ones that we can find.

Other than constipation (sorry if Too Much Information I’m just miserable) and having a hard time getting to sleep, I feel good! I’ve had some dizziness and shortness of breath this week but I think I manage it pretty well. 

Post # 4
1400 posts
Bumble bee

Happy second trimester!! I’m 13w so it’s in or almost the second trimester for me. I’m happy to pretend even if it’s not ๐Ÿ˜› 

We have a name picked out for both, girl was definitely harder though! Also we were team green but hubby convinced me otherwise so will have to keep you guys posted on that now!

As far as the how’s it feeling, it’s been a little better! The naseau has actually become mostly morning sickness and doesn’t haunt me all day so that’s a relief! Headaches for me too, also prone to migraines. But on the plus side, I’ve had a lot of headaches but no actual migraines since I’ve been pregnant which is a silver lining in my book. 

I also see a bump starting to make its presence. It’s not giant or anything but I can definitely tell. 

I am so so anxious for my appointment in 2 weeks!! I just need to hear that little heartbeat. I’ve been feeling nervous and emotional. It hit me good this evening and I just feel really tense. I need some proof that baby is growing in there. I feel like it’s been so long now and thinking about a loss at this point just really makes me feel way more feelings about it than it did earlier in. The longer this goes, the more nervous I am about whatever may be. 

Trying super hard to stay positive and trust the universe! I do good most days ๐Ÿ˜‰ had blood work today so that wasn’t exactly inspiring!! I am definitely looking forward to a good appointment and then enjoying the relief that the second trimester claims to bring!

Post # 5
2539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

How does this work?! Can I join in now? EDD: August 3, team pink (found out yesterday!)

Post # 6
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
misschickpea:  I’m starting to feel my stomach hardening too! A few times, I could actually see my belly poking out quite a bit when my stomach is empty and I am relaxed in the mornings. I Googled it (of course) and I think the baby is moving and making my uterus appear more prominently. I’ll ask the doc at my next appointment in a few days. Darling Husband is the only other person to have seen it in person because my belly looks flat otherwise.

Post # 7
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
boogiewoogies:  congrats and welcome! Chime in and share whatever you’d like. There is a Facebook page too if you want to join. Just send a PM to OP

Post # 10
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
misschickpea:  
View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  I am glad to know you guys have been experiencing this too – I was afraid it was too early for my pants to no longer button :S I cant suck in anymore and there is a starting of a lower bump, but not enough to for people to ask if I am pregnant… just enough for me and family to notice!

I am feeling great overall. This has been a very easy pregnancy so far (its my first, so nothing to compare to). I’ve been bragging of the fact that after dinner, I am so full until I go to bed, so no late snacking for me… but that has appeared to change! I am starving about an hour after dinner, and of course im not wanting fruit or anything healthy!

If we have a boy, it will be a family name, if we have a girl, basically we are screwed – ha ha. We can’t come up with one that sticks for longer than a day. So like misschickpea, we’re guaranteed to get a girl as well ๐Ÿ˜› But of course we would be thrilled with either. We can’t wait to find out in a few weeks!

Post # 11
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Has anyone started on getting their nurserys put together?

Post # 12
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh yay I’m so excited! 13 weeks today, so almost in the second tri. We find out if we are having a boy or girl on April 5th at our anatomy scan. It feels so soon! I have a feeling it’s a girl, but we’ll see! I am exauhsted today, I just want to nap at my desk ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 13
1400 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Nookie123:  we painted our nursery! No furniture or anything yet though, I’m still not quite there! My mom’s got a bunch of stuff stored in her garage from when my two nieces were babies so once it’s a little nicer out we are going to go through it and start moving some of it to our place!

Still to do (nursery):

-floorboard -lights -closet door(or curtain maybe?) -then furniture!!

Post # 14
1601 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

16+4 today! My bloat is starting to disappear, but my stomach is so hard. It’s just weird to feel smaller haha.

We started on the nursery (by moving our bed out). My dad is building us a crib (yes for woodworkers and free stuff!), but it won’t be ready for a few weeks.

For girls, we are thinking Everley, and for a boy so far I’ve got Henry, after my dad. I suck at boy names.

Post # 15
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

15w2d today! I’m so excited to be in the second trimester. The first was a real, living nightmare. I’m even weaning off of my anti-nausea meds, so I’m thrilled about that. Now it’s just a lot of exhaustion. I’m seeing something that *might* be a little bump, but definitely still looking like I just had a big meal. I’m willing to confess that I’m already wearing some maternity clothes and if you’re resisting, don’t. They mostly look like flowy or baggy clothes and I’m more comfortable in them than anything else.

We started working on the nursery. It’s painted, anyway. I’ve started loading up the closet with all of my old toys and any hand-me-downs that have been given to us at this point. We’re getting a lot of friends and family donations of old used baby stuff. In most cases, I’m pretty grateful for that. I’m a little bummed because I wanted to shop for my own baby things, but at the end of the day, I can’t argue with a little money saving. 

Names have been a little tough. For most of my life, I’ve had a favorite girl name, but now it’s picking up in popularity and I’m a little put off by it. I don’t want to name my kid anything too unique, like the way of a celebrity, but I don’t want my kid to be the 37th “insert name here” in the class. Boys names are also really hard. I just don’t really like any. We decided to put off the name game until after the anatomy scan (March 15th!!!) so we don’t have to do any extra work, hahaha. The worst part about picking names is that my husband’s last name is Woodcox. We’re totally juvenile. We’ve come up with:

Holden Woodcox

Leia Woodcox

Palma Woodcox

Harry Woodcox

Drew P. Woodcox

And about 100000 more. It’s just way too much fun to take it seriously. Of course, we aren’t ACTUALLY naming our kid any of these. We’re not into torture.

I actually am as calm as I think I’ve been since I found out about being pregnant. Still waiting for that glow they keep talking about. Unless the glow is actually just redness from all of the zits on my face, I’m not feeling it. 

Hope you’re all having a wonderful pregnancy so far!!!

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors