(Closed) August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

16w4d. Still no bump here, so I’ve been avoiding any kind of clothes shopping, because I can’t buy my size, and I have no idea when I’ll need any maternity stuff. Darling Husband is out of town this weekend, so I’m going to try and get the nursery cleaned out of stuff we really don’t need in there. I really need to find an accent rug so that we can pick the right wall color, and let my mom know. She’s gonna make something, so she needs the exact wall color. I found one that would be perfect at Target, but it’s obviously out of stock in store and online. Blah!

I’m generally feeling great, although I’m getting random aches and pains here and there. The most common is under my right butt/top of the thigh. It’s in pain more often than not. And I’m trying SO hard to not sleep on my back. Really need to invest in a pillow.

As far as names, if it’s a boy, he’ll be Maxwell Colin. Our two front runners for girls are Audrey and Sydney. Audrey is DH’s grandma’s name, so we won’t be telling anyone that’s an option in case we decide not to use it. I’m still torn though, because it’s a little too popular for me (top-50).

Post # 17
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  What are your other sons’ names?

Post # 18
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
misschickpea:  My 16 week appointment is on Tuesday! It will be rather uneventful, though, since it is not an ultrasound appointment. But… this appointment means we’re just a month away from being halfway there!

We do have names set in stone (one for if its a boy, one for if its a girl) but I only want to share it on our facebook page sothe general public doesn’t steal it! Haha

I have got a nice little bump forming! I think being short (5’2″) has made my bump appear sooner.

Post # 19
2092 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
misschickpea:  I’m at 14 weeks tomorrow (getting closer to the second trimester!) and Darling Husband and I are so excited! When we found out the gender just after 12 weeks from the NIPD we both initially had a little bit of gender disappointment because we were hoping for a boy, but now we’re thrilled about having a completely healthy baby girl on the way (team pink)! We currently have agreed that our favorite name is Lucy Kay. We haven’t started on the nursery yet because the walls and ceiling need ot be retextured before we paint, but we love the idea of the green crib from land of nod and maybe adding pops of hot pink and gold into the nursery. But we’ll see what happens, our minds could change!

As for the pregnancy, I’m so happy my hyperemesis gravidarum is slowing down. I’m not vomiting 6 times a day, maybe once every other day now, I’ve had some weird vivid dreams, and I’m starting to notice my stomach is getting firmer! Most of my clothes (despite losing 20 pounds) are getting tight around to boobs and stomach so I went out and bought a few non-maternity things in a size up. I do have some maternity clothes already, but I don’t have enough of a bump yet to justify wearing them. The pressure of waist bands on my stomach has been really uncomfortable so I’m eager for it to warm up outside so I can start wearing sandals and maxi dresses! 

Hope everyone is enjoying pregnancy so far, and if they haven’t, I hope things get better in the second trimester!!

Post # 20
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
mrscali13:  I get that same pain under my butt/top of the thigh! It makes sleeping at night not the most fun, so I plan to get the pregnancy pillow soon and hope it helps. 

View original reply
mrscali13:  Their names are James & JaMarius. My ex’s name started with a J and DH’s does too. He doesn’t want LO to be a Jr, but wants to keep the J names going. 

Post # 21
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
LeonardLady:  I’m 5’3″ and my bump only shows when I am lying flat on my back and haven’t eaten, so I am slightly jealous of these bumps popping! I kid, I kid. You’re about a week ahead of me though. 

Post # 22
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Lakeside003:  So glad that you are coming out on the other side of the morning sickness. I know it must have been So horrible for you. 

Post # 23
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
misschickpea:  Hi! Thanks for starting a new thread. I keep meaning to ask you- Why is your name Miss Chick Pea? Curious cause my cat is named Chick Pea so I obviously love your name ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the name Nolan too by the way. Sullivan is cute too, I have not heard it for a first name before but it is cute.

View original reply
misschickpea:  
View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  I went to the doctors when I was at 16+1 this week and mentioned that my stomach hets hard and cramps in wierd spots. She said it was my uterus contracting as it expands and grows. Crazy. 

View original reply
boogiewoogies:  Welcome to the August board.

View original reply
Nookie123:  We have our paint colors picked out now and we have had our theme picked out for awhile. We are doing stars and moons so our walls will be black and white and gray with gray and white furniture. I am a little nervous about doing the black wall but I keep seeing it look so cute on pinterest. Hopefully I don’t end up with a pinterest fail!

And for everyone: Im 16+ 4 today. Overall nausea has stopped (hopefully I didn’t ust jinx it back) but the heartburn is worsening. The food list I am willing to eat is expanding (along with my belly). The most annoying thing other than heartburn is the dry stuffy nose.

I can’t wait for summer so I can start wearing more Maxi dresses and skirts and sandles. I have bought a Maternity tank cause I figure that is what I will be wearing the most anyway, and 1 maternity bra to add to the sports bra collection.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Post # 24
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
Nookie123:  I have! I posted  video in the facebook group a few weeks ago ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 26
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
misschickpea:  Ha! Chick Peas are delicious! We were definitly thinking about them when we named our cat. ๐Ÿ™‚

That is smart to go in with two of each name. My husband and I have picked a boy and girl name and I hope we dont change our minds after the little one comes out. We don’t have any set back ups.

Post # 27
2376 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

hows everyone doing? its strange being on here then on facebook because everyones names are different haha!

hope eveyone is ok! Im 15w2d now. Cant believe nearly 4 months! nearly half way! yay!

were house reno-ing atm, not fun but cant wait till were finished. will be so worth it. so havent started on nursery – want to wait for carpet to be down etc!

im officially sick of work and the political crap that goes on – amazing when you know your leaving and dont plan to come back, the things that just dont phase you anymore!  id love to leave now haha – obvs cant though ๐Ÿ™

Names are a hard one, we dont agree on much!!! Hubby loves Patrick for a boy. im not too sure .

Girls we have no ieda!

Post # 28
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Lakeside003:  Love the sound of Hot Pink and Gold for the nursery for your baby girl ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
RabbitBride:  When I was younger I had a pink/grey/black theme going on and had one black wall and I loved it. It was a smaller room too, maybe 10×10 ish? and the wall we painted had the door and closet, so the trim broke it up a bit so it wasnt so dark. So I love that idea!

View original reply
LeonardLady:  Darn I wish I was on facebook to see it! I am glad I am not the only one that has so much done to the nursey. he he.

We wanted to get the big stuff out of the way, so we have a lot already at 16w6d! We have a stroller/car seat/carrier combo, we have the crib set up with mattress and the dresser for change table. We have a wall shelf up and so far just decorating it with things around the house so it doesn’t look so empty, but once we know gender we will decorate it more baby-like! We have a monitor (gifted), pack n play (gifted), and I hope to be getting out to get a glider soon! (currently on sale). 

Post # 29
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
dolly1105:  I second not resisting the maternity clothes already if feeling uncomfortable! While I am not currently wearing any yet, I am starting to notice a “bump” and most my pants wont do up, so getting very uncomfortable. I bought a belly band but its a cheapy one and not working as well as I thought. I tried on some maternity pants this weekend and OMG, so amazing. Only reason I didn’t get them was because they didnt have my size! They would be great for post-partum as well, and even for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners ha ha. I did buy a mat tank top that was very comfortable, not quite big enough to wear it yet, but looking forward to it! 

Post # 30
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hello fellow August mommas! I’m on the bee daily and didn’t keep up on part one of this thread but I will keep up on this one.

I’m 14 weeks today – yay for 2nd trimester! I still have mostly morning sickness and not all day sickness like before. I still get randomly sick during the day sometimes though. I still take naps during the day like a toddler so I’m waiting for the energy boost that comes with the 2nd tri. I’m also anxiously awaiting the return of my appetite.

We had the Harmony test done last week and got the all clear on the results, yay! We also had them test for the sex of the baby and although we could know now, we’re waiting a few weeks when we have our reveal.

Has anyone gotten their appetite back yet? Is sleeping more uncomfortable for anyone yet? I feel like I can’t get a good nights sleep.

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors