(Closed) August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  Good to know about the black wall. I am hoping it turns out all right cause trying to paint over the black if we change our minds will be a pain.

View original reply
leahdany:  Welcome to part 2 of the thread 🙂

I still don’t want to eat much (total food aversion) but when I do decide to eat I can eat more than I have been. My mom got on me yesterday for not eating enough protein so today was day 1 of trying to hit 80 grams. Harder than it looks. My sleep seems to have gotten worse this last week (im 17 weeks). Im hoping my snoogle gets here soon and that it helps.

Post # 32
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
RabbitBride:  We moved before I changed paint, so cant comment on covering it up – It was more of a softer black, not stark, so I think that helps with the look as well. 
In regards to your protein intake, what about making fruit smoothies and adding a scoop of protein powder? I have those smoothies a few times a week, especially if Im not eating any protein with my lunch or dinner. Also, a hard boiled egg and yogurt are good protein foods too, if you can stomach them! 

Post # 33
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
leahdany:  Welcome back!
Good for you for not looking yet! Theres no way I would be able to have the will power! 
My apetite is in full swing. Im hungry and starting to want to snack again, which is bad! My sleeping has been uncomfortable for a while between having to get up and pee a few times each night and insomnia… however lately, I’ve only been having insomnia 1-2x week now. And so far *knocks on wood* I have been able to wait until when I wake up in the morning to go pee. So I would say the further along I am getting, the better my sleep is getting! But I am sure it wont last..

Post # 34
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi ladies!  Sorry I haven’t updated on here in awhile!

I’m 14w4d and feeling pretty good.  Nausea is only occasional these days, mainly if I go too long without eating.  Other than that, I’m definitely getting a belly and I’ve embraced the maternity clothes. I pop quickly. Haha.  Not sleeping the greatest and starting to get uncomfortable sleeping, so I may break out the Snoogle soon.  I’ve been having lots of crazy dreams, a bit moody, and have almost no motivation to get things done.  I’m pretty sure I’ve felt some little baby flutters going on in there, too, so that’s exciting!

I go to the doctor again at 16w on March 7 and then that night I volunteered to let the local community college ultrasound tech students practice on me so I get an extra free ultrasound. I’ve been a bit nervous since I fell down about 6 steps last week, so I can’t wait to hear the heartbeat and see baby again.

We have absolutely no ideas for names and we’re team green so we need one of each! Last pregnancy we got lucky… we only had a girl name picked out by the time I went into labor and it turned out being a girl but I’d prefer to have both ready this time. Haha.  My daughter’s name is April Leigh.  We had liked Summer for a girl also but we’re not sold on having an April & a Summer. A little to “themey” maybe? We do have a middle name picked out for a boy… my husband’s middle name, Keith. 

As far as the nursery goes, we did ours in nuetral colors last time so instead we’re working on our daughter’s new room now.  We want to get her out of the nursery and into her new room by April so she has plenty of time to get used to her new room before new baby comes.  And so I have plenty of time to get the nursery freshened up and ready for new baby.

I think that’s about it. Hope everything is going well with all of you!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  .
Post # 35
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
misschickpea:  Thanks for the suggestions! I like Jacob, Jacoby, Joshua, and Jory. Darling Husband thinks Jory sounds feminine, but likes it. We’re pretty set on the middle name Daniel, so whatever we pick will have to go with that name. The ones that I like go well with it. 

Post # 36
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
nowmarriedgirl:  I agree. Going back and forth from here to Facebook mixed me up because of the name changes. 

View original reply
Nookie123:  I’m so jealous of you all having so much done. Darling Husband and I are procrastinators and haven’t even started! I found the crib,car seat, and stroller that I want but my sisters insist on throwing me a baby shower and don’t want me to buy big stuff yet. lyckily we have a while but time seems to be flying! 

View original reply
leahdany:  I still don’t have much of an appetite. I don’t know what to do because rarely does anything sound good. I don’t have a big appetite when I’m not pregnant and it seems that the trend continues. I’m about a week ahead of you and I don’t sleep well either. My legs normally hurt but using a heating pad helps. Darling Husband says Intalk and turn all night. Dragging out of bed is hard! 

Post # 37
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
HappyCrickets:  I don’t think that April and Summer is theme-y. Now if you were leaning towards April and May…different! Lol. Actually I love both names, separately and together as a possible sibling set. 

Post # 39
367 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
misschickpea:  Good job! That will need to get done before I do anything to that room but I think we are waiting for it to warm up a bit more in order to have the windows open while painting. What colors did you do?

Post # 41
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
misschickpea:  That’s the color of my bedroom and I Love it! It’s so calming. 

Ladies I am officially 16 weeks today and the weather is sporadically warming up, which always makes me happy. I’m showing, but nobody can tell but me. I see a little pooch to my belly when I look down. lol 

I had a horrible time in the middle of the night last night. I always have had the *worst* eating habits. I have a small appetite, but now there is usually nothing that I can think of that I want, so I have been meal skipping on the regular and woke up thinking that I am probably hurting my baby’s chances of being strong/healthy. The guilt kept me up SO long and yet here it is almost 3pm and I’ve only eaten a bowl of oatmeal and some yogurt today. I can’t think of anything that I want to eat and feel like I’ll come off as being melodramatic if I mention my worries to anyone IRL. I need some advice! Am I the only one still in this boat? 

Post # 42
2376 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  it’s so hard to know what’s right isn’t it. Don’t beat yourself up over it!!! I think maybe I shouldn’t do the cleaning with that cleaner or i shouldnt drink that juice or what if that sausage isn’t cooked. I think as long as your baby is growing at a normal rate when you get your scans and your eating when you are hungry and when you want , I wouldn’t worry!! Maybe take a vitamin for extra nutrients if you are worried. I’m on a pregnancy one that has lots of goodness for baby that I’m not getting from food that I’m off like spinach and broccoli. 

Were all trying to do our best and it’s so hard to like what is right and what isn’t – eveyone has an opinion – I was told off the other day for eating fish – apparenrly I’m meant to be seafood free whereas I have been told salmon is good. Can’t win!! 

chin up Hun. 

Post # 43
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  I’m in the same boat with eating… or lack of.  I’m hungry, but nothing ever sounds good so I end up just not eating. Or just snacking a little… like a handful of nuts or a piece of toast.  Every meal I seriously can’t think of anyting that sounds good.  Pretty sure I’m driving my husband crazy.  It’s like the opposite of cravings.  Although once I do think of something that sounds ok it ends up being the only thing that sounds ok. So you’re definitely not alone there.  Hopefully our appetites come back soon! And hopefully before baby takes up so much room that there’s no room for food so we can enjoy eating for 2 for a while. Haha.

Post # 44
367 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
HappyCrickets:  Oh my gosh that is exactly how I feel- opposite of cravings but only one thing will sound good to eat. I am 18 weeks today and although the food aversion is lessening I still have bad days.

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  I am def in this same boat still but not every day- so it may get better for you.  My mom gave me a hard time last week about not getting enough protein. So I have been stressed about that. But don’t be too hard on your self. I m sure your baby is getting what it needs from you. If you are ok with eating yogurt I found one at Target that has Chia Seeds in it and has 17 grams of protein. I have been stocking up to try and be a better eater.

View original reply
misschickpea:  Love that color! 

Post # 45
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
misschickpea:  Love the color of your nursery!

View original reply
RabbitBride:  I hope your apetite comes back soon – Im at 18weeks today and I want to eat anything and everything. Really have to use my will-power to say no to things 🙁  It wasn’t so bad before because I wasn’t gaining any weight – but I stepped on the scale today and have gained 3lbs this past week… so now that I am SEEING it (grow baby, grow!) I need to be making wiser choices for my evening snacking…

What are some healthy evening snacks that you ladies are eating?? I eat veggies and dip with cheese and crackers, or a salad at lunch time. With fruit and yogurt for snack already… so hard to want those in the evenings after eating them all day!

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors