(Closed) August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 46
2543 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  I feel you on the worrying…sometimes I can’t get myself to drink enough water (I’m so over peeing ever twenty minutes!!!) but then I lie awake all night thinking that I’m hurting my baby by being dehydrated. I don’t have any advice though, except maybe try adding lots of fruit to your yogurt and oatmeal.

I have a HUGE appetite but still have an aversion to veggies 🙁 and still can’t think of what I’m hungry for.

Post # 47
2369 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
boogiewoogies:  I’m the same! Have an aversion to Veges – mainly broccoli and greens who hc are the healthiest!!! Iv been drinking juices instead to get the nutrients. So annoying ThOu!!

Post # 49
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
misschickpea:  Nuts would be a good idea! I seem to already be eating the other foods throughout the day!  I eat healthy during the day, so healthy breakfasts, lunches, and even dinners. So I think I feel like I need to endulge in something sweet and “no good” for dessert which I can forsee that being a problem if it becomes the regular! So I am hoping to find some healthy evening snacks, that will still satisfy my need for something sweet! Mmm pineapple…!

Post # 50
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  Well the healthier treats I do for dessert sometimes are mango with a little bit of sorbet, or I do fruit with a little whipped cream.

I will do Hot chocolate with soy milk during the day for a treat sometimes telling myself it’s good to get the protein.

I think it’s okay to have treats at night just try and healthy them up a bit and keep the portion size small.

I feel you on the weight gain too. I jumped up a lot at week 17 after not gaining anything for the first 14 weeks. It was a shock but I know my weight is going to go up and that it will fluctuate daily, ijust need to remind myself that a lot.

Post # 51
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Happy to report that we had a great appointment with the midwife today and everything is looking great! Baby lala’s heart rate was 130 bpm and she sent off the requisition for an anatomy scan so that will be scheduled for around 20 weeks, which is next month! We went over my bloodwork and what not and it was all pristine so we’re headed in the right direction which was comforting to hear!

I’m starting to feel seriously uncomfortably fat but it’s still not super “bumpy” and I can’t lie, I’m not enjoying that. Or the light headed low pressure thing going on, that could back off a little 😉 this whole pregnancy glow thing has not kicked in and although I feel less sick than the first trimester and relieved about the good appointment, I’m still not feeling any sort of love for being pregnant. 

Getting more and more excited for the little bean that’s causing all this though! It still hasn’t really really sunk in I don’t think but it’s definitely all starting to feel so very real. 

Post # 52
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
RabbitBride:  Yes I would make a sweet tea or hot chocolate to trick myself, but I find it hard to drink much in the evenings because unfortunately I am still getting up to pee in the middle of the night again. Fruit with whip cream is a good idea, I could maybe even substitute it with yogurt? 
I find myseld only weighing myself once a week now, I know its totally normal and good for the baby, and I can certainly see my belly is growing, but tough to see the numbers creeping up, not sure I will even get over that! 

View original reply
lalalyanne:  How far along are you? I remember feeling umcomfortable fat, but dont worry once your belly starts forming into a bump you will feel so much better! 

Post # 53
1444 posts
Bumble bee

Thanks ladies. I am starting to feel a bit hungrier during the day, though I don’t always know what I want to eat. I bought some Boost (nutritional supplement drinks) and have been drinking those so I know I am getting some nutrients in. 

I can still sleep pretty comfortably on my stomach for a while before I have to roll over, so that’s a plus. No matter how hard I try to stay on my side, I wake up and realize that I am on my stomach or back. 

View original reply
RabbitBride:  I am with you on the weight gain concern. I know it’s a good thing and although I haven’t gained too much yet, I am reminding myself that when I do, it’s ok. 

Post # 54
1401 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Nookie123:  15 weeks today, so I’m at the tail end of the August mommas and definitely still feeling that fat effects lol. My mom didn’t really show with any of us until about 20 weeks so I’m not holding my breath yet 😉 I suppose I’m getting closer to that thoufh, once this month is over we are practically halfway!!

Can’t believe how time is flying!

Post # 55
20 posts
Newbee

View original reply
misschickpea:   hi lady . I haven’t really checked the bee in a while.. im 17weeks 5days and due aug 8 with a Girl..is  there a Facebook group that you have going too? I have a hard time with following threads on my phone 

Post # 57
13 posts
Newbee

View original reply
misschickpea:  hello! Please can you PM me the details for the Facebook group too? I’m 15 weeks, due Aug 25th.  Thank you!

Post # 58
2369 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
turtugaazul:  Aww that’s my bday 😊 it’s a great day!!!! Lol! 

Post # 59
265 posts
Helper bee

UPDATE: Apparently my “motherly intuition” has not kicked in yet – because we are TEAM BLUE! We are so excited! Despite thinking it was a girl, and my Old Wives Tales pointed to a girl, I didn’t have a preference. Very happy to be able to call it a “he” instead of an “it” and looking forward to telling family, who will all be estatic! 

Post # 60
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  Congratulations on your son! We find out on Saturday and my old wives tales point to a girl so of course that has my hopes up that it’s right. Either way, if it’s a boy I will still be thrilled.

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors