(Closed) August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 61
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  congrats team blue!

Post # 62
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
leahdany:  
View original reply
RabbitBride:  Thank you ladies! As each day passes I feel that I am starting to feel more connected to him now ๐Ÿ™‚ its a great feeling.

Also, the morning we found out the gender, at 19w1d, we felt our fist kick/punch ๐Ÿ™‚ It was truely amazing. Anyone else feeling their baby move yet?

Post # 63
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We had our reveal today and we are having a girl! We both wanted a girl so yay!

View original reply
Nookie123:  I’ve felt what I think are the earliest flutters and I’m almost 17 weeks. I can’t wait for the definite kicks.

Post # 64
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m 18w as of today and I’ve been feeling some pretty obvious flutters regularly (when I’m still and settled) for the last two days. It’s so great to see all of the updates! What are your plans for baby showers?ย 

Post # 65
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
leahdany:  Congratulations on being team pink! I have been feeling kicks more and more now, and they are getting stronger! So dont worry, they are coming!

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  You will definitely be feeling more and more, dont worry! Its such an amazing feeling, isn’t it! 

Unsure about baby shower plans… our due date is in the middle of two weddings, so there will be lots of wedding showers going on at the same time. I am hoping to have a BBQ maybe a month after the baby is born (for those that have gone through labour already – is a month realistic!?) That way people can come see the baby! And it will hopefully still be nice out!

Post # 66
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  I’m 20w and have been feeling this baby move nonstop for about a week. And when I say nonstop… I mean for an hour at a time, it will just be rolling around and punching/kicking me (even as I type this). I think today I can feel it from the outside, but it’s tough to tell myself, since I can feel it internally.

Post # 67
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

My mom and SIL are throwing me a shower at the beginning of April when I go visit them on the east coast. My friends are also throwing me one, in the middle of May out here in Cali (because my mom will be out here for DH’s grad school graduation). Mother-In-Law wanted to throw one too, but I suggested maybe she host a gender-specific one after the baby comes, so people can meet it (we’re team green) and be able to give onesies and stuff.

Post # 68
1444 posts
Bumble bee

I felt a good, hard kick today for the first time! Most often, I just get little flutters and I ‘m sure that the time will come that I’ll be tired of the kicking, but for now, I am excited! I told my mom that it’s been so long since my last pregnancy that all of the little things are fascinating me. ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
Nookie123:  A month is pretty realistic. You’ll still be getting up at night, but more than likely have started to find your flow. I like that idea! 

View original reply
mrscali13:  I know what you mean about being unsure if you can feel it on the outside. I was feeling flutters after the hard kick this morning and my DH had his hand on my belly, but couldn’t feel them. I told him that he’ll probably be able to feel the movements in a couple of weeks. 

View original reply
mrscali13:  Nice! You’re feeling the love from all over the place! 

My sisters are planning my baby shower, so I only know that it’ll probably be sometime in June. I’ve been buying kings as I run across good deals, but I’m only buying a few things 2nd hand that make sense. I found an amazing deal on a slightly used jogger stroller that exactly matches the car seat that I registered for. I am staying away from certain things until after the shower as my family has asked. 

Post # 69
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrscali13:ย ย Yes everyone keeps saying, you’ll start getting annoyed with all of the kicks! But right now I am enjoying each and every one! Throughout the day I will feel little flutters, sometimes more sometimes not at all! But at night time, DH and I go to bed, wait a min or two, put hands on belly and can feel the kicks on the outside, its almost like clockwork.ย 

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:ย  Since this is our first pregnancy, everything is new and exciting, and while I cant wait for the baby to come, I also feel like its going by too fast! I keep thinking, the next time around I won’t be as excited because I will know what to expect, etc. Who knows really how I will feel, but its great that you get to feel that feeling all over again ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 70
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  I know this is going by so fast. I am half way and I feel so unprepared but also like I need to just stay in the moment. Its kind of fun though cause while the baby is in me it is all mine and I don’t have to share the baby yet

Post # 71
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
RabbitBride:  Yes I feel the same way! I am starting to get a bump now, and while I was putting cream on my belly, my DH made a comment that all I do is “admire” my stomach. He said it jokingly of course, but I cant help but feel that it will only be this size for so long, and I want to enjoy every minute of this growing baby inside of me! 

Post # 72
1444 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Nookie123:  Lol! Admire away on that bump! I wish I had one, but so far, I’m all boobs and no bump. I will be 20 weeks in a few days, so I just keep saying that it will show up any day now. 

View original reply
RabbitBride:  it IS going by fast! Whenever I say that I’m almost to the halfway mark, people give me the shocked face. 

View original reply
Nookie123:  Are you planning to have your children close together? The 1st two for me were very close, but I still found each pregnancy to be exceptional and unique. This time, when people ask me how this one compares to my previous two, even though I never thought I’d forget, I’m like… “Seriously?! ๐Ÿ˜ No clue! It’s been almost 16 years since I was last pregnant. Do you realize how many unforgettable memories I’ve forgotten in that time?!” 

Post # 73
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  I didn’t have much, and then 20 weeks hit and BAM, there it is! Chest size has not yet grown (DH is still waiting ha ha), so I think that helps why the bump is starting to become more obvious! It also depends what I am wearing too, but I cant quite hide it anymore. 

Ideally we would like to have our children 2-3 years apart. However this baby is a (Wonderful) surprise, so I’ve learned you can plan all you want but doesn’t mean it will go that way! So we will see ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sad to know that these unbelievable moments will become forgotten – but that is reality! So that is so nice that you get to experience it all over again! 

Post # 74
974 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
mrscali13:  We’re traveling for multiple showers too! First grand on DH’s side so they are excited. They’re throwing us a shower in a few weeks in Chicago. Then my family in Philly in May before I won’t be able to fly. Then we’ll be home in FL and my coworkers have already talked about throwing us a shower as well as his! This baby is already so loved.

Other update I’m 19+3 feeling really great minus some constipation/gas pains but I’m going to pick up some MiraLAX tonight to see if that’ll help.

I’ve been feeling pretty regular pokes but nothing strong enough to feel outside my belly yet. Can’t wait for DH to feel! 

I have gained between 3.5-5lbs it fluxuates , I’m “obese” by medical terms so I’m trying not to feel to anxious about a low weight gain thus far. I’m definitely eating on the healthier side though. 

We have our 20 week anatomy scan a week from today and I’m SO anxious to see our little bug. Since I’m not showing and feeling pretty great I still feel like it’s not real at times. 

We’re anxiously on the house hunt before our lease is up in the end of May and that’s causing me a lot of stress. DH is taking the reigns for the next couple weeks so I’m praying something we love pops up soon and our offer doesn’t get outbid! I never thought house hunting would be this stressful! 

How’s everyone else feelning?

Post # 75
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Lalavla:  I would be so stressed finding a house and moving so soon before the baby comes! Hope you find something you love!  
I have gained a total of 5.5lbs so far. When asking my Dr how much weight I should gain per week, she said to not stress about it, as long as your eating healthy and exercising, and your baby is growing, thats all that matters! I am starting to have a baby bump now, so baby is definitely growing ๐Ÿ™‚ And your anatomy scan next week will confirm that for you! Are you finding out the gender?

So far feeling great, except for the pee breaks in the middle of the night followed by insomnia… 
Anyone else feeling uncomfortable at night? I can only imagine it getting worse as I get bigger :S 

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors