(Closed) August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 76
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
Nookie123:  I’m totally uncomfortable at night, but only when I have to pee. I will wake up with pain/cramps literally on my bladder and I’ll know I have to get up and go. This started about a month ago and shows no sign of going away. It’s so uncomfortable but I imagine it’ll just get worse as time goes on.

Post # 77
974 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
Nookie123:  ya it’s not ideal but we definitely thought we’d be able to find something faster, we started looking in December! 

We won’t be finidng out the sex. I’m feeling a good amount of movement and pokes and I’m finally starting to show a bit more so I’m not too concerned over my weight. The way I see it is being plus size the baby already had a bunch of padding to start lol 

Ya I’ve definitely been waking up consistenly thankfully not much insomnia yet. I do wake up once between 12:30-1:30 then again 3:30-4:30 I usually feel wide awake but then I’m able to eventually fall back to sleep. 

I’m a belly sleeper so this is super tough not to sleep on my stomach! My hips have already started to get uncomfortable so i’m going to start some prenatal yoga soon which will hopefully help! 

Post # 78
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Lalavla:  My hips hurt when I side sleep too. My yoga teacher said to put a tennis ball between hips and wall and kinda wiggle against it. It helps a bit but I should probably order a massage soon πŸ™‚

Post # 79
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Lalavla:  Hope your yoga helps – I would love to do prenatal yoga, but there aren’t any classes in my area, and the ones Ive found online are very short, and rather boring! I’ve tried proping a pillow against me to force me on my side, but to give me something to lean against, but woke up with a terrible back ache! 

Post # 80
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Hey ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. AFM, Β I’ve been having a rough few days honestly. Twice I have stretched before getting out of bed (like always) and it’s ended in extremely painful cramps in my calf muscles. It took a few days for me to be able to walk normally after the 1st one and then the 2nd one happened in the opposite leg, so I am walking with a limp again.

To make it worse, my *everything* hurts. My back, my legs, and I’m getting winded doing practically nothing at all. I’m 20w4d and don’t really “look” pregnant, so I guess it makes me feel like I am being a wimp. 😫

On positive note, my puppies are celebrating their 4th birthday today!Β 

Post # 81
807 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  Just randomly creeping in on this thread (my little girl was born 5 weeks ago), and just had a flashback to exactly what you wrote when I was about 20 weeks pregnant. I remember waking up and stretching and feeling the worst pain ever in my calf…sort of like someone jabbed a hot knife in it and twisted. It hurt to walk for a week after, and from that point on I had to make an effort to not stretch in the morning. My husband probably thought I was over reacting with how much it hurt afterwords. The leg cramp in combination with the hip pain from sleeping made me look crazy when I tried to walk. I still catch myself trying to not stretch in the morning, but quickly remind myself that now that I had the baby I’m in the clear. Thank you for the flashback πŸ™‚

Post # 82
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ADiamondInTheRough:  Oh wow. I’m sure that you could have done without that memory, but I am glad to know that I am not alone. Congrats on the birth of your little girl!!! I hope that the l&d went smoothly. How are you recuperating? 

Yeah my Darling Husband just writes my aches off as “you’re having pregnancy stuff today”. It’s crazy. I’m half scared to walk because the pain is still so intense when I try to put weight on it. I’m definitely trying not to stretch in the mornings though. 

Post # 83
807 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  Labor went smoothly, I gave in at 6 cm and got an epidural…best decision! Delivery was another story…she was born with shoulder dystocia so things were a bit hectic at the end. I think my husband is scared from what he saw (apparenly the Dr. had to stick his whole hand up there as her after her head came out to twist her in order to deliver the opposite shoulder). I didn’t see any of it because several nurses threw my bed back and jumped on my legs to try to widen my pelvis. I ended up with 5 tears (both internal and external), so recovery was a bit rough (both physically and emotionally from the baby blues), but all worth it πŸ™‚ We are very thankful there was no lasting effects of the shoulder dystocia.  I hope you have a smooth and easy labor and delivery…and the rest of your pregnancy!! I seriously miss being pregnant, especially miss my bump. As much as it can suck with the pains and discomfort, I’d do again in a hearbeat.

Post # 84
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  Happy birthday puppies! Sorry you have had such bad cramps. I have had a couple in the middle of the night and have to remember to flex my foot back while half asleep. But they have not lasted all day! And just remember you are not a wimp, growing that baby takes a lot of work. I have a prenatal massage schedor next week and am so excited. Maybe you should try to get one to help alieviate the pains

Post # 85
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  So sorry you are having so much pain lately! I have yet to experience that, so I am of no help πŸ™ but like 
View original reply
RabbitBride:  said, maybe scheduling pre-natal massages would help allieviate the pains, and maybe help prevent them? Or maybe a bath before bed would help? But you are definitely not a wimp! 

Currently I am 22w2d and I am a little tired of waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get comfortable to fall back to sleep! HOWEVER – what I am not getting tired of, is feeling him move πŸ™‚ When I am frustrated that I cant sleep, thats when he tends to move the most! So I just lay there with my hand on my belly and a smile on my face because currently – feeling him squirm and wiggle and roll is the best feeling, ever. After that, I dont seem to have a problem falling back to sleep (could also be due to already being up for 2 hours!)

Q: Has everyone been doing kegels? Ive read everywhere how important it is to do them to help with labour and after labour – but I cant seem to get myself (or remember) to do them. So really, how important is it to do them!?

Post # 86
1445 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ADiamondInTheRough:  Oh wow your Darling Husband got an eyeful! I’m glad you and the baby are ok. I agree with you. I have 2 children and after each birth, I knew that it was totally worth it all. I’m sure I’ll feel the same in a few months. 

View original reply
RabbitBride:  I hadn’t even thought of a prenatal massage. I will have to look into that. 

View original reply
Nookie123:  I am with you. Waking up at night is no fun but my little one has been moving around in there and that definitely gives me the best feeling no matter what time of the day or night. In the middle of the night last night, he was kicking up a storm and Indidnt even care that I couldn’t sleep. As far as kegels, it has been sporadic at best. 

Post # 87
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

20 weeks today! Halfway woot woot!!

Post # 88
1445 posts
Bumble bee

22 weeks today! My little one is wiggling and moving around as we speak. 

Post # 89
265 posts
Helper bee

Its been quiet here lately – I hope that means everyone is so far having a nice, uneventful pregnancy! 

I have started doing prenatal yoga – I found a class near my work, so it works out perfect. Have only been twice so far, but hope to go as often as I can over the next few months.

I am 25 weeks, and over the past week our little fellow has been moving up a storm – he is also moving up towards my ribs at nighttime, which makes sleeping very uncomfortable.

I had my first stranger ask when I was due! More and more people are commenting on my little baby bump, its definitelty making it feel more real every day.

Would love to hear everyone elses’ updates πŸ™‚

Post # 90
265 posts
Helper bee

Would also like to add – DRY HANDS! I have never in my life had such dry hands. Anyone know what I can do for this!? I moisturize with coconut oil at night, which doesn’t help. During the day I use a natural hand lotion, and I am having to apply it every hour! Suggestions would be much appreciated πŸ™‚

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas- PART 2 Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors