(Closed) August 2016 Mommas!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How far along are you? 

– 3-4 weeks I think? Hadn’t quite gotten the hang of charting yet so I’m not sure other than that I suspect ovulation was between Nov 14-19th…

What’s your estimated due date:

– Probably 2nd week of August!

How many cycles trying?

– 2nd cycle TTC.

When did you get your BFP?

– On the 25th I got one postive, and one negative, and on the 29th two positives

Who have you told?

– Just Darling Husband ๐Ÿ˜‰

When do you plan on telling more people?

– Keeping quiet until after 1st Dr. Appt to tell close family/friends, and then no announcements till 2nd trimester.

How did you tell your partner?

– Whispered it to him in the early am a couple of hours aftee I had found out, he woke up instantly.

Any symptoms yet?

– I don’t think so. 

What are you most excited about/for?

– Actually most excited for my husband to have a playmate lol – he’s a big kid

When is your first appt?

– Just emailed to see when they’ll see me…it’s so weird with the holiday schedules, maybe not til Jan 2016! I don’t think this will seem real until then…

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green?

– Want to find out but may keep it a secret..

Post # 3
20 posts
Newbee

How far along are you? 4 weeks tomorrow

What’s your estimated due date: aug 8-10 I believe 

How many cycles trying? FIRST CYCLE- Still in shock 

When did you get your BFP? Thanksgiving (nov 26 at like 10 pm) 

Who have you told? Just my husband 

When do you plan on telling more people? 12 weeks. Should be difficult with the holidays  and not drinking (I like my wine) I think I’m going to have to say I’m on antibiotics for a UTI or something , but I plan on telling my sister first. She’s getting married 2 months after my due date , so I want to tell her first privately before anyone else 

How did you tell your partner? He was sleeping , so I woke him up and put the test in a gift bag, told him I got him a thanksgiving gift

Any symptoms yet? Sore breasts , some pimples , very light cramping yesterday and today a very light colored discharge – am hoping its implantation bleeding 

What are you most excited about/for?  to hold him/ her 

When is your first appt? not sure yet, I left a voicemail for my doc on friday but they were off for the holiday. I think it will probably be end of dec or early January

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green? No idea! It’s our first… And My husband is set on finding out , but I really want to wait until delivery day. we shall see what we compromise on lol 

Post # 4
20 posts
Newbee

waitingwonderland:  It’s confusing isn’t it?! the app I have says I have been “pregnant since nov 2″ which is the date of my last period” so that’s what I’m going with… It doesn’t quite make sense to me how we could be pregnant before actually being pregnant lol but I think that’s how the doctor will gauge it 

Post # 5
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Hi Everyone! I will more than likely be joining you but the prediction of my due date is August 1st. I think I will wait to roll call until after I meet with my doctor on Friday and see if that date changes. Just wanted to say hi in the meantime ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  RabbitBride.
Post # 6
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

mountainviews:  totally confusing. I’ve read the doctors estimate based on the first day of your last period and assume you ovulate day 14 since that’s the middle day of an average cycle, so if you don’t know when you ovulated or how your cycle goes your due date is based on 40 weeks (including the first 2 weeks of your cycle which includes your last period) and if you do know when you ovulated then they can refine the guess a little more..I wasn’t charting long enough to be 100% on which day I ovulated but I do know it was no sooner than the 14th, and no later than the 19th..so I’m prob gonna guess 38 weeks from the 17th

Post # 7
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Hey guys! got a super squinter yesterday on a wondfo. I misscarried in august.. a coinsidence that im due in august now lol! but im not going to roll call just yet. I want to see my line get dark. My pervious miscarried – the line never got super dark. Hopefully i can join the board in a few days ๐Ÿ™‚

My last period was Oct 30 but i ovulated late. Hopefully trying to only see the doctor next week for blood work if i see my lines get dark!

Post # 8
20 posts
Newbee

Best wishes and fingers crossed for you xo  Mrsgiraffe15

Post # 10
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

misschickpea:  Thanks for starting the thread. I haven’t been on the bee since 2012-2013 when trying to concieve my son, but I am still very close with my September baby group on Facebook. I look forward to getting to know you girls.

How far along are you? 4 weeks

What’s your estimated due date: August 7th, but I will have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks would be my guess.

How many cycles trying? We were TTA, I chart and thought we were way ahead of my O day which we were, but I guess sperm really can live 7 days which I find crazy. But that is how it went down.  My Darling Husband also has a vasectomy scheduled for December 14th. So big oops. But we are excited.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

When did you get your BFP?  9DPO

Who have you told? Darling Husband, my mom, Mother-In-Law and sister.

When do you plan on telling more people? Not until 12 weeks at least. I am pretty nervous as I have had an ectopic and miscarriage before.

How did you tell your partner? I was wigging out and showed him the squinter, then confirmed with a digital.

Any symptoms yet? None. But during the TWW my teeth ached which was the dead givaway. Some cramping.

What are you most excited about/for? Snuggling a new baby and giving our 3 boys a new sibling. EEK.

When is your first appt?  I am probably going in tomorrow for beta’s, because of my previous ectopic.  I am also super old ๐Ÿ˜‰ Kidding, but not.

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green? I am thinking team green. I didn’t find out with my first, but did with my second.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  .
  • This reply was modified 4 years ago by  .
Post # 11
756 posts
Busy bee

waitingwonderland:  I find that most Dr.’s pretty much only go by the last day of your first period. Which freaks tons of people out depending on your ovulation date as you can be 5 days behind etc. But I would just use that date to keep it easy, they will adjust if need be when they do your first ultrasound and measurements.

Post # 12
756 posts
Busy bee

mrsgiraffe15:  Best wishes! My lines have not been as dark as I would like, but they are getting there, hang in there. I know how hard this can be.

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors