Post # 166
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ROLL CALL!!

How far along are you? 3w6d based on LMP

What’s your estimated due date: August 31, 2016

How many cycles trying? First!

When did you get your BFP? Last night (December 21)

Who have you told? Just my husband and daughter (she’s only 13 months so not sure if that counts lol) oh and my October 2014 bee mamas!

When do you plan on telling more people? We will tell family on Christmas Eve/Christmas day

How did you tell your partner? Had my Dear Daughter show daddy her new shirt (picture below)!

Any symptoms yet? Nope

What are you most excited about/for? Hearing the heartbeat! Feeling the baby 🙂

When is your first appt? Not sure yet, I will call tomorrow!

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green? team green…for now!

Post a pic of your BFP if you want!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  jfair.
Post # 167
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Ignore my role call 🙁 ours ended up being a chemical pregnancy 

Post # 168
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

jfair:  oh no. I’m very sorry. I hope you get your bfp very soon. 

Post # 170
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We got this this morning! EDD is August 31. We had a MC in April at 6 weeks so I may hold off on roll call for a while. What a Christmas present! 

Post # 171
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

MissB2MrsO:  what an awesome Christmas gift! Congratulations! Sending positive vibes your way for a happy and healthy 9 months. 

Post # 172
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Is anyone else terribly worried about losing the baby? This is my very 1st pregnancy, and I’m 5 weeks +1 today. I just can’t seem to be fully excited because I’m so nervous about something happening. Do you guys have this problem? 

Post # 173
328 posts
Helper bee

kristenanne26:  Yes! I had a MC in April so I’m cautious about becoming too excited just yet. Last time, I purposely tried not to become too excited because I knew the statistics on first time pregnancies but I couldn’t withstand the excitement for too long. Then I was devastated. But with that being said, whatever may happen is out of your control so try not to worry about it too much. Also, your baby deserves to have you excited about him/her just like ours in April deserved our grief. I’m sending sticky dust your way!! 

Post # 174
2092 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

kristenanne26:  I definitely feel that way. This is my first pregnancy as well and I’m at 6 weeks today. I just have this fear of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. I have had problems with endometriosis so the ectopic idea is especially worrying. But I’ve had no bleeding or severe one-sided cramping so I’m holding onto hope that everything will work out well. Two weeks and two days until our ultrasound and first visit with the midwife, so eager to make sure everything looks good!

FX for sticky pregnancies!

Post # 175
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

kristenanne26:  Darling Husband was leery about sharing the news for this very reason and his fear rubbed off on me a bit. What’s helped me to relax has been knowing that although most miscarriages happen in the 1st trimester, the bulk of those are CPs where we’d never even know because most women that have CPs aren’t TTC and don’t realize it. The inflated number of 1st trimester mc scares us a lot more than it should. That’s not to dismiss the fact that it happens, but knowing this helps me to worry less about it. 

Also, I ran across this on another board and it’s not an exact science, but it’s helped to reduce my fears significantly. 

http://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=11&d=07&y=15

Post # 176
130 posts
Blushing bee

MissTNBookworm:  oh wow, that chart is very cool! Thanks for posting it

Post # 177
328 posts
Helper bee

MissTNBookworm:  That’s a really awesome chart! Thanks for sharing!

Post # 178
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

MissTNBookworm:  Great chart! I agree it does help to make it less scary.

Anyone do any family reveals over the holidays?

Only myself and my husband (and doctor) have known up until this week. was able to tell my immediate family on Christmas and boy did my mom scream. lol!!

Telling my husbands family next week.

it still is so surreal to me but it is exciting now that a few more people know.

Post # 179
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

jfair:  congrats!!

Post # 180
130 posts
Blushing bee

RabbitBride:  We did end up telling just my parents. We hadn’t planned to, but on the car ride over decided to. They were very happy. We aren’t telling his parents until 12 weeks because they cannot keep a secret. My Mother-In-Law told me when my SIL was pregnant way before my SIL wanted people to know. Needless to say, we won’t be telling her before we’re ready for his entire extended family to know.

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors