(Closed) August 2016 Mommas!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 181
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

kristenanne26:  Ha! well good luck telling the inlaws. My mom wants to tell the world- I have to remind her daily to not tell people. didn’t realize she would be so difficult to real in. Happy 9 months!

Post # 182
1400 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

How far along are you?

5 weeks!

What’s your estimated due date:

August 25, by way of the last period method

How many cycles trying?

3, maybe 4? To be really honest, it was a little bit of a surprise. We got married in June and shortly after, we talked about plans. We decided to let nature decide, I went off birth control but other than that not much changed. And then, well you can see where this is going.

When did you get your BFP?

Apparently I’m not up with internet terms.. I’m going to need someone to tell me what a BFP is?

Who have you told?

My husband (he saw the stick right after I did) and my best friend because she’s my female stuff support person.

When do you plan on telling more people?

Not for a bit. I’m thinking week twelve at least.

How did you tell your partner?

I told him I should pee on a stick, and then I did and he looked at it immediately after I did. 

Any symptoms yet?

Ooh my freaking goodness. My boobs. And o hear it gets worse. They are huge and so sore. Just on my biomes mostly but owch! And I’m tired like I’ve never been before. I could sleep in my car, on a bench, at work at my desk. It’s awful.

What are you most excited about/for?

I’m still soaking it all in. It still feels surreal, I haven’t gotten the super excited nesting maternal feelings yet I’m still just going woah.. All that talk all these years and now this is it. 

When is your first appt?

We literally just found out yesterday and, week it’s Christmas, so we’re calling the doctor this afternoon week. I’m also seriously considering using a midwife.

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green?

I have no idea! 

Post # 183
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

lalalyanne:  Congrats!! BPF=Big Fat Positive (when you got your positive test). I also want to use a midwife! Want to try drug free and do a waterbirth. 

Post # 185
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hi ladies! According to my last period I am due August 29th but I KNOW I ovulated later than expected so I’m pretty sure I’ll be a September mama. I have a question for you ladies though. I have my first appt with a nurse practitioner on January 7th. Ill only be 5 weeks. Do you know what that appt will entail? Thanks in advance and congrats to you bees!

Post # 186
954 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Savannah, GA

stringofpearls:  The might do a confirmation urine test.  Most don’t draw blood unless you are high risk.  Then they will most likely give you a timeline of when your next appointments will be, discuss nutrition, vitamins, and answer questions.  I don’t think they will do an ultrasound that early unless you are high risk.

Post # 187
469 posts
Helper bee

dancindavinci:  thank you! I figured they wouldn’t do an ultra sound which is fine. It makes sense that it will be a lot of talking. Thank you again!

Post # 188
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

stringofpearls:  I just had my appointment today at 5w4d! I met with the NP at the practice who went over my full medical history, medications etc. She tested my urine for certain proteins and I did end up having my blood drawn. She reviewed the full schedule of OB appointments, exercise, food/weight, and meds that are ok to take while pregnant. I was also able to ask her all of my wacky questions, and scheduled my first ultrasound (Jan. 19th!). It was nice, and she was very reassuring. Good luck, it will be great!

Post # 189
469 posts
Helper bee

kristenanne26:  Thanks! I was looking through the August board and saw your post about being concerned something will happen. I feel the exact same! Every time I use the restroom I check for blood. I also keep testing and decided I will drive myself crazy so probably won’t test again. congrats to you and thanks for the information. 

Post # 190
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

MissB2MrsO:  i’m with you. I researched a couple places and did some tours because there are a lot of hospitals near my house. i chose to work with midwifes in a hospital with one of the lowest c-section rates so I know they will be great at letting me labor. Have you picked a midwife yet?

Post # 191
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

ROLL CALL!! I’m a little late to the party! 

How far along are you? 8 weeks 5 days

What’s your estimated due date: August 5,2016

How many cycles trying? 6 months, but only two ovulations due to PCOS

When did you get your BFP? The day before thanksgiving! 

Who have you told? The hubby, my dad (over Xmas), close girlfriends, my brother in law and his wife 

When do you plan on telling more people?

end of January/ early feb

How did you tell your partner?

“umm do you see what I see??” Haha wasn’t very well thought out but it was our first round of clomid and I thought for sure it didn’t work!

Any symptoms yet?

started feeling tired in week 3, nausea in week 4, boobs hurt since week 3, strong aversion to chicken (even the mention of it is so gross). Had cramping until around week 7, and then had some slight spotting around week 6. Also definitely way moodier than usual!

What are you most excited about/for?

so excited and nervous for everything! Getting a bump, decorating a nursery (we literally just moved into a house), snuggling with a little one!

When is your first appt?

Due to spotting I’ve had two! First was hcg and ultrasound and second was ultrasound (hubby came to second one).

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green?

We will find out but I think I may ask everyone for neutral clothing!

Post a pic of your BFP if you want!

Post # 192
328 posts
Helper bee

mrsa1117:  Welcome and congrats!

Post # 193
328 posts
Helper bee

RabbitBride:  Yes! I also have chosen to use a midwife group that will deliver in a hospital (in addition to their birthing centers or your home) but I’m going the hospital route. The hosptial they partner with supports them and has birthing pools for their patients. The hospital also has the best NICU in the area and has a skywalk to Cook Childrens if needed so that all makes me feel better. This group has the lowest c-section rate around too. I haven’t contacted anyone yet because I can’t have a “confirmed” pregnancy until after the 1st or I can’t use disability when I go on maternity leave. But I’ve researched this group for the past couple years and they have a Q&A session coming up next month for moms to be who are interested in learning more that I hope to go to if this baby decides to stick. My first appt will mostly likely be with my OB though.

Post # 194
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone bought new bras?? Mine are starting to become fairly uncomfortable, but I’m worried about spending $$ when I’m not even out of the first trimester yet! Also relevant: I was a 32DDD before pregnancy so I can’t find many inexpensive ones! 

Post # 195
2092 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

mrsa1117:  I bought a new comfortable one on Amazon that I adore! It is made of just the softest fabric and is the only thing comfortable on my super sore breasts. I wear it to bed, and under my scrubs at work. It’s not padded, but it’s supportive and comfortable. I’ve gone up at least a bra size or two and I’m only over 6 weeks along. 

http://www.amazon.com/French-Nursing-Maternity-Breastfeeding-X-Large/dp/B0166EB750/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1451518644&sr=8-23&keywords=maternity+bra 

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors