(Closed) August 2016 Mommas!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 271
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

MissB2MrsO:  I had my 9 week scan a couple of days ago and the OBGYN said manis and pedis are fine if that helps at all

Post # 272
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

MissTNBookworm:  Thank you! I hope and pray for safe pregnancies for all of us!

Post # 273
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

augustdreams:  Thank you! It sucks having to wait for my first appt because I have so many questions!

Post # 274
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Hey ladies! I had the *strangest* conversation yesterday. I went to a funeral and during a conversation afterwards, mentioned to a cousin that I was pregnant (I’ve already announced, so it’s no secret).

She was shocked that I was there, saying that going to a funeral while pregnant will lead to miscarriage. She even got another cousin involved who repeated the same foolishness. Now I know that this is just an old wives’ tale, but seriously?!!! Even if it was true, I thought she might have wanted to keep that little tidbit to herself since it was the end of the funeral and all. 

Post # 275
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

MissTNBookworm:  Wow! I have not heard that one before! And yea, I would have probably said something snarky back! 

Post # 277
1445 posts
Bumble bee

MissB2MrsO:  I should have, but I was so shocked that I did that “what the heck” kind of laugh. 

kristenanne26:  Exactly! Darling Husband says he just refuses to even absorb that no sense, so I have adopted his stance. 

Post # 280
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

MissTNBookworm:  Regarding work, I haven’t told them yet. I actually won’t be coming back after the baby is born, so I’m a bit nervous to tell them. Would you guys wait to let them know that I won’t be returning, or would you let them know simultaneously when letting them know I’m pregnant?

Post # 281
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

MissTNBookworm:    first of all- OMG! I can’t believe people would say something that awful.

I am going to my first trimester screening right at 13 weeks. I think if everything still looks good I will tell my work after that. My mom is driving me nuts wanting to tell her friends and I told her she can’t until my work knows since I have friends at work on facebook.

I don’t really know how to tell my boss though- He and I have a great relationship but it still seems weird saying ” I am pregnant, I’m going to need sometime off….” anyone else know how they are going to tell their bosses?

Post # 282
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

kristenanne26:  NOt sure what I’d do in your situation. I guess it depends on how much time they need to fill your position. I think I would tell them I was pregnant first and then maybe at 6 months say I decided not to come back to work after. gives them a few months notice.

Post # 283
1445 posts
Bumble bee

kristenanne26:  I’d give them enough time to look for someone new, but (depending on the job) not enough time to ty to find an excuse to get rid of me beforehand. That can be tricky. Do you trust them not to be on the hunt for a way to fire you if you tell them early? If not, I’d tell them that I wasn’t coming back while I was on maternity leave. They will have to have someone to fill your position while you’re gone anyway. 

RabbitBride:  Yeah some people are just tactless. I have no suggestions. My conversation was JUST like that…awkward! I’m sure it’ll go okay, probably just feel uncomfortable. 

Post # 284
1445 posts
Bumble bee

QUESTION OF THE DAY…Are you having trouble sleeping at night? If so, what (if anything) helps? 

AFM, I am dealing with what I suspect to be RLS (restless leg syndrome). I dealt with these symptoms occasionally pre-pregnancy, but it’s almost every night now! I couldn’t drag myself out of bed this morning on time for work because I tossed and turned all night last night. Meanwhile, Darling Husband was snoozing peacefully. Grrrrrr! 

I don’t go back to the doctor until the 25th and I’ll definitely be asking, but for now, it’s just me and Dr.  Google trying to figure it out. 

Post # 285
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

MissTNBookworm:  I am! But thats only because im waking up to pee! I am usually a sound sleeper – and pre pregnancy I never(rarely) woke up. Now every night, I can count on waking up at least once, if not twice (or three times!) a night to pee. Doesn’t matter if I pee several times before going to bed. Unfortunately I have no help with dealing with your RLS 🙁 Maybe try some yoga a couple times a week?

I haven’t told work yet, just the lady I work closely with. I plan on telling them begining of February, but would like to get my first-tri screening results back. I am very anxious to spill the beans though.

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors