(Closed) August 2016 Mommas!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
954 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Savannah, GA

misschickpea:  Thank you so much for starting this!!!

ROLL CALL!!

How far along are you? 4 w 3 d

What’s your estimated due date: August 5th

How many cycles trying? Lucky #3!

When did you get your BFP? 11/22 at 9 dpo

Who have you told? We told our immediate family on Thanksgiving. My husband’s family rented a cabin near where my parents live and we all had Thanksgiving together. We couldn’t miss the opportunity since the last time our families were both together was at our wedding. It was perfect.

When do you plan on telling more people? We plan to wait at least until Christmas. I don’t think the family can keep the secret much longer than that.

How did you tell your partner? I saw the line the day before on an IC, but he didn’t. I picked up an frer on the way home from work and his favorite baby book from when he was a kid. I handed him both and he figured it out. It was really sweet and he actually cried.

Any symptoms yet? Well, I’ve known I was pregnant since 5 dpo. I felt unlike I ever have. I also had to pee at least every hour which is out of the norm for me being a nurse. I thought I had a uti and actually went to my doctor and he tested me and said it wasn’t a uti. That’s when I suspected it was bc I was pregnant. He did a urine preg test in the office, but I was only 7 dpo and nothing showed up. The next day at 8 dpo, sure enough, I had a squinter. I also had light cramps until a couple days ago. Now I don’t really have any symptoms so far.

What are you most excited about/for? Seeing the baby on the ultrasound and planning the nursery.

When is your first appt? Tomorrow morning!

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green? I would like to be team green, but I’m sure we will find out.

Post a pic of your BFP if you want!

Post # 17
15 posts
Newbee

Hello everyone,

First timer here so excited and so nervous aswell. Healthy and happy 9 months to everyone.. bring it on

How far along are you? 4 weeks 4 days

What’s your estimated due date: 4th August 2016

How many cycles trying? First cycle

When did you get your BFP? 27th November

Who have you told? Partner & Mum

When do you plan on telling more people? Around the 12 week mark

How did you tell your partner? Put a anote in an envelope and gave it to him from our dog saying ‘im going to be a big sister’

Any symptoms yet? period like cramps and shooting pains, sore nipples

What are you most excited about/for? to meet bump 🙂

When is your first appt? 29th December

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green? A suprise would be nice but we will probably be to excited to wait

Post a pic of your BFP if you want!

Post # 18
954 posts
Busy bee

I had my first ob appointment today and everything went well.  It was basically just a pregnancy confirmation, outline of what appointments I will have the next few months, and an overview of what I should/shouldn’t eat, etc.  My first ultrasound is December 30th.  It seems like forever away! 

Post # 19
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

anyone doing a christmas reveal to parents/family? is so how are you doing it? i feel like everyone is expecting it since they know about the miscarriage, so i feel like if i do something out of the ordinary they are all waiting for me to announce im pregnant lol and i want it to me a surprise! last time i didnt get to announce they found out when i had to go to the hospital for the miscarriage. So i want this to be special. 

Post # 22
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

misschickpea:  oh thats a wonderful idea! idk how im going to keep this secret for a month! i am so bad at secrets 😛 getting blood work done today so hopefully if all goes well i wil roll call tomorrow!

Post # 23
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

How far along are you? 5 weeks today!

What’s your estimated due date: August 1, 2016

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? 10DPO

Who have you told? Darling Husband, my parents, and my sister

When do you plan on telling more people? After the 1st trimester

How did you tell your partner? Told him I got something really cool for our football tailgate. He looked inside the target bag, and it was a onesie for our alma mater. At first he thought it was for our friends’ baby, but then he saw that I was smiling and recording him, and realized it was ours 🙂

Any symptoms yet? Thankfully not yet.

What are you most excited about/for? Having a baby!

When is your first appt? My ob doesn’t see people until after 7 weeks, but I have a blood test at a lab tomorrow to get my thyroid medication adjusted.

Will you be finding out the sex or being team green? Team green!!

Post # 24
954 posts
Busy bee

Now that I’m pregnant, I seem to be more obsessed with testing to make sure they are getting darker. I bought a weeks estimator tonight and it says 2-3 weeks since conception, which is about right since I’m 4w3d. Anyone else who can’t stop testing?  I just want to make sure my hcg is increasing since my ob didn’t do a blood test and 12/30 seems like forever away. 

Post # 25
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

dancindavinci:  compulsive tester over here. Did a week’s estimator a couple days ago and got 3+, which is pretty close to what I expected. Unfortunately that’s when it maxes out, so until I get in to see the doctor, I’m flying blind :-/

Post # 26
954 posts
Busy bee

mrscali13:  Glad I’m not alone! I’ll definitely be doing another in a few days and hope to see the 3+. 

Post # 27
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

dancindavinci:  I have taken tons! It’s actually really embarrassing, I’m so paranoid after previous losses, I can’t seem to help it. 

Post # 28
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Anyone getting anymore symptoms? I dry heaved into the sink yesterday after smelling my sons peach yogurt. But today I’m fine. I also did my blood test today, I was hoping to get my beta number, but my Dr.’s office closed. I go back on Wednesday to make sure it’s doubling. I’m very nervous about it.

The topic ‘August 2016 Mommas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors