August 2017 Mamas!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 151
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

jbbird :   farmerswife94 :  Same! If it has been a while if I’ve eatten, I feel sick. And i can’t eat too much or I feel sick! Smaller meals/snacks seem to be better. It’s been 4 years sicne I was preggo last, but I think it was about the same for me last time.

Post # 152
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My symptoms are back, which is great in a way. Even though I’m pretty nauseaus. I cannot wait for my appointment next week!

Post # 153
160 posts
Blushing bee

9 weeks tomorrow, EDD August 3rd, still on track!

We just had our second US for this pregnancy, first was two weeks ago and this was a follow up dating one requested by fam doc to get a better reading as the first time around we measured ~4 days behind. Back on track now and lined up with LMP date. 

Little babe is sooooo cute on the US. Grew a ton since his/her first debut! 

Hope everyone is doing fantastic! 

Post # 154
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

We had our first scan yesterday measuring 6+4! According to conception date we are measuring one day ahead! 

It was seriously the most magical thing. I never expected it being the cynical person I am but Darling Husband and I both cried when we saw that little heartbeat 😭

Next scan in 2 weeks!

Post # 155
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

twistaway :  congrats!!! that’s great news!!

Post # 156
476 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

How far along are you? 7 weeks 3 days

What’s your estimated due date: 14th August

How many cycles trying? 3rd after MMC in July

When did you get your BFP? End of November. After my MMC over the summer I wanted to have my scan before joining the group. Had it today and all looks good!

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? Darling Husband, parents, cousin and brother. It was hard keeping quiet over the holidays when I felt like death!

When do you plan on telling more people? After first trimester.

How did you tell your partner? I couldn’t wait so phoned him at work!

Any symptoms yet? All day sickness and sore boobs.

What are you most excited about/for? Fingers crossed, finally getting to hold my baby in my arms.

When is your first appt? Had an early scan today. Measuring right on track with a strong heartbeat.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Definitely finding out!

Sorry for being so late to the party ladies! Who do I need to message to get added to the Facebook group?

Post # 157
3352 posts
Sugar bee

Hey, I’m glad I saw this thread. I am9 weeks and a couple days pg with out first. Due date is August 1. I feel really lucky – I’m 39 years old and we were able to get pg after only 5 months. I don’t want to find out the gender but Darling Husband does so we will see how that goes. I told my husband by saying,”OMG COME HERE” and shoving the test in his face. I’m shocked that I don’t have morning sickness. My breasts are very, very, very sore. Darling Husband insists they have doubled in size – yay for him! We are telling people in January right after I hit 12 weeks. We will be going on vacation with a ton of people so it will be impossible to hide and I don’t want our parents to find out through the grapevine! 

Post # 158
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Why is maternity leave/pay so confusing in the US? I’m the only one in the office today, so I’ve been doing some googling and I’m more confused than when I started.

Anyone else totally baffled by this stuff? Or is my pregnancy brain kicking in early? 😉

Post # 159
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Also welcome new August Mama bees! Soton85 &  SLOBee 🙂

If you message me your email address I believe I can invite you to the FB group!

Post # 160
476 posts
Helper bee

mrskitty5 :  Thanks! I’ve messaged you. I’m in the UK and maternity pay is equally confusing!

Post # 161
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m a little hesitant about roll calling because I just feel like it’s all too good to be true and things may head south at any moment.

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?: 

6 weeks today

What’s your estimated due date:

8/28/17

How many cycles trying?:

That’s a really long story, which you could find on the 1+year infertility boards. Shortened version: This is our 3 year. Tried on our own for 1 year. Saw an RE, unexplained infertility. 4 IUI’s. This was our first IVF. We got 3 blasts (two are on ice now). We transferred one on 12/10.

When did you get your BFP?:

I started squinting (like really really squinting about 5dp5dt or 10dpo). Stopped squinting about 7dp5dt or 12 dpo.

First HCG level taken 12dp5dt (17dpo) was 459.

Second HCG level taken 19dp5dt (24dpo) was 10,565.

Who have you told?:

My family and coworkers know. It was hard to keep people in the dark because they knew what we were going through. My coworkers were gracious enough to cover some of my work days and the nurses at work give me my daily injections.

When do you plan on telling more people?:

Unless they ask, not until after the first trimester.

How did you tell your partner?:

It wasn’t really a surprise since he knew I’d be testing. I woke him up in the morning to squint at the test with me.

Any symptoms yet?:

My breasts were super sore, but that is starting to die down. As of about 5.5 weeks they’re not really nearly as sore anymore, which makes me nervous.

Extreme fatigue, I sleep every chance I get.

Oddly, loose stools nearly every morning (about 6 days out of 7).

What are you most excited about/for?:

It’s really hard to get excited because I’m so nervous that they’ll find a blighted ovum or I’ll miscarry. But overall, I guess just finally being able to experience all this.

When is your first appt?:

First ultrasound is scheduled for this Friday 1/6/17 at 6 weeks and 4 days, obviously hoping all goes well.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green?

I really don’t know. I think we’ll probably find out.

Post # 162
476 posts
Helper bee

vanike :  Welcome and congratulations! I know how you’re feeling. We tried for nearly a year only to have a blighted ovum over the summer. This time round I’m so nervous, even though we saw a strong heartbeat at 7 weeks 3 days. It just feels too good to be true. 

Your betas are great though! I’m sure the ultrasound will put your mind at rest. It did mine (for a couple days at least)!

Post # 163
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

mrskitty5 :  Hi! My due date is August 16. I’m going to message you my email…could you possibly add me to the Facebook group? Thanks!! 

Post # 164
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Hey all!  I can’t believe I’m actually posting on the Pregnancy board, and I’m still so scared that something will go wrong.  But I’m going to try my best to be happy and excited with minimal fear.  Here we go…

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  6w6d

What’s your estimated due date:  Aug 24

How many cycles trying?  Full story in the 1 Year+ TTC boards, but long story short, 2 years

When did you get your BFP?  Dec 14 positive beta, but betas were extremely low and didn’t double appropriately; we were told we would likely have a miscarriage or ectopic.  Super shocked to find out we’re expecting twins!

Who have you told?  Just a couple close friends. 

When do you plan on telling more people?  Waiting to tell family and others until after first trimester.

How did you tell your partner?  I was in LaGaurdia airport on a business trip when I got the call from the RE; immediately called Darling Husband.  

Any symptoms yet?  We are using a surrogate, but she has been feeling great, no significant symptoms to report.

What are you most excited about/for?  I’m struggling with feeling excited, because I feel that I’ll somehow jinx  it and screw it all up.  Not logical, I know.  I guess I’m excited to get past the first trimester so I can finally breathe a little.  

When is your first appt?  First u/s was last week, second u/s today, next u/s on Jan 18th (8w6d).  Should be released from RE after that!

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green?  Definitely finding out!

Post # 165
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Oh, also…who can I message to get in the Facebook group?  Thanks!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors