August 2017 Mamas!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

kaywelton :  send me your email if you want to join the Facebook group!

Post # 17
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

sheridan2014 :  thanks! I’m going to wait to join until next week, but after that I would love to join!!

Post # 18
160 posts
Blushing bee

How far along are you? 4w6d

What’s your estimated due date: August 3rd, 2017

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? November 27th, 2016

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? Darling Husband 🙂

When do you plan on telling more people? Valentine’s day

How did you tell your partner? Blurted it out

Any symptoms yet? Lower back pain, out of breath, sore tatas, some back acne (ALL very unusual symptoms for me- infact, basically non-existent pre pregnancy!)

What are you most excited about/for? First ultrasound!

When is your first appt? December 1st

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Finding out gender, no gender reveal, nothing fancy, just sharing the moment with Darling Husband

Post # 19
160 posts
Blushing bee

Any ladies able to enlighten me on what happens on your first doctor’s appt after finding out you’re pregnant? Baby #1 for us and I’m sort of clueless- first of our friends to be pregnant too. 

I called my fam doc and my appt is this upcoming Thursday. Do they tell me my hcg levels immediately? Can I get a dating ultrasound or is that only if you don’t know the date of your LMP? 

Post # 21
103 posts
Blushing bee

amrx2015 :  US bee. When I was pregnant with my son my OB didn’t really do much at the first appointment, but she had me go get bloodwork (like 6 vials of bloodwork). She had me go to an ultrasound tech the following week. I was 7 weeks at my first appt and 9 weeks for the first ultrasound.

Post # 22
213 posts
Helper bee

Same here you just meet with dr and do a confirmation your pregnant then they set up your ultrasound for about 9 weeks. 

Post # 23
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? Got my BFP yesterday! at 12dpo.  So 4 weeks?

What’s your estimated due date: August 12!

How many cycles trying? this was our 11th month, 9th cycle

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday!!

Who have you told? just my hubby and my best friend

When do you plan on telling more people? after our first doctor appt, we will tell our parents for sure.  Then probably new years we will tell our closest friends.

How did you tell your partner? I’ve been having a baby LSU (our football team) onesie and the booy “Dude, You’re Gonna be a Dad.” So I hid those two things, along with the test, under the covers.  When he walked in I threw the covers back.  He just kept looking at the stuff then at me and back and forth and finally said “really?!” with a huge grin on his face!!

Any symptoms yet? omg, yes. nauseaus almost all the time, esp if I eat something big. cramps. super gaseous.

What are you most excited about/for? right now, I’m super excited to tell our family and friends.  And decorating the room. And finding out the gender. And feeling it kick. And holding it. Soooo….everything?! lol

When is your first appt? I am waiting for my doctor to call me back.  I already had an appt scheduled with her on the 13th, so I’m hoping she will just let me keep that appt.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Definately be finding out!! My anxiety is way too much to not find out!!

Post # 24
213 posts
Helper bee

We have a Facebook group going for anyone new that wants to join! Send me your email and I’ll add you!

Post # 25
6 posts
Newbee

I am not going to roll call just yet. I am really shocked and still processing. I got four clear positives (3 yesterday, one today, including a digital that said 3+ weeks). I almost didn’t test, as it seemed SO improbable. I had a stark as can be negative two weeks ago. I have PCOS (irregular-to-non-existent periods, acne, but am low-to-normal weight) and only stopped the pill in late October. It is really hard to be excited, it just does not feel real, we have talked a lot about probably needing fertility treatment to get pregnant. BUT, I want to enjoy right now, regardless of what ultimately happens. The tests mention that an ovarian cyst could cause a false positive, and of course that made me SUPER worried and pessimistic, but I am taking the fact that I had a clear negative two weeks ago as a positive sign. It is impossible to find good quality , evidence-based pregnancy information on the Internet so I am resisting torturing and misinforming myself.

Post # 26
103 posts
Blushing bee

forestsandsands :  Congratulations! I have PCOS as well and remember feeling that way when I found out I was pregnant with my first (now pregnant with my second). Let yourself enjoy it!

Post # 27
6 posts
Newbee

kiraly17 :  Thank you for normalising my current state of fear and disbelief. Congratulations to you too!

Post # 28
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

<div class=”text-holder” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”>

How far along are you?  

-3 weeks and 5 days (according to the bump)

What’s your estimated due date:

-August 19th

How many cycles trying?

When did you get your BFP? 

-12/3, 7dpo

Who have you told? 

-Husbands and a few close friends

When do you plan on telling more people? 

-We are telling our family on Christmas!

How did you tell your partner? 

– ” …um I don’t want to get your hopes up, but I’m pretty sure im pregnant”  it was a super faint line and the digital was no .  

Any symptoms yet

-bad headaches all week, boos are a bit tender but not too bad,slight pain on lower left side, and my left groin hurts. Last Saturday (1dpo) my abs hurt soooo bad I felt like I did a billion sit ups!

What are you most excited about/for? 

-Seeing my parents reaction and Finding out the sex!

When is your first appt? 

-Not sure haven’t called yet- will

tomorrow!

Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? 

– finding out!

here is fist positive 7dpo

</div>

And here. Is 8dpo first yes digital 

Post # 29
510 posts
Busy bee

Ahhhhh, totally thought I was out as of this morning when AF was due and I started brown spotting. But self pity caused me to test at 3pm and it was positive! 

How far along are you? 4 weeks (really two though because O was Nov 19)

What’s your estimated due date: August 12, 2017

How many cycles trying? 1 NTNP and this was first actively trying 

When did you get your BFP? Today at 15 DPO 

Who have you told? Only Darling Husband

When do you plan on telling more people? Might tell our parents at Christmas (8 weeks), but no one else until 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? I put a small card in a tin with baby socks. It said, “merry Christmas early, you are going to be a dad,”

Any symptoms yet? Just extreme exhaustion and sinus pressure 

What are you most excited about/for? Just that we were successful at conceiving and really hoping its a happy, healthy 9 months. 

When is your first appt? Idk yet, maybe in January since we are traveling for Christmas.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Probably find out the gender 

Post # 30
572 posts
Busy bee

How far along are you? 5 weeks

What’s your estimated due date: 8/4/17

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? 10/29

Who have you told? My boyfriend and my 2 year old son lol

When do you plan on telling more people? late Jan, early Feb

How did you tell your partner? I couldn’t keep my mouth shut and told him over the phone undecided

Any symptoms yet? Restless legs?? No too sure if it’s from hormones

What are you most excited about/for? My son kissing my belly

When is your first appt? 12/22 (my 34th bday)

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? At first I didnt want to know but now I can’t wait to find out! 🙂 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors