August 2017 Mamas!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
6 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 6w 1day based on withdrawal bleed from pill 

What’s your estimated due date: Weeeeellll. Technically 31st of July so I shouldn’t be here. Oops. But I don’t think I am quite that far along. 

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? 3/12 (or 12/3 in American)

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? Husband. Whoever answers the phone to book a midwife appointment.

When do you plan on telling more people? After 12 week scan. I need to see a baby. Except for my best friend. I’m going to tell her soon. 

How did you tell your partner? Ambushed him as soon as he got in the door, basically talked at him for 10 minutes, took another test, then went together to buy a digital ( SO expensive, BTW!)

Any symptoms yet? My boobs are bigger. I feel nauseous and off food but I am 99% sure that that’s anxiety.  I have gone through a bad period of anxiety once before and felt the exact same way about food. As I wrote earlier, I am really freaked out, and terrified that this is my body hoaxing me. I had a good cry last night and feel a bit stronger. I am resisting taking another test, but can’t think of anything else that will reassure me. As odd as it sounds, I wish I was puking my guts up. 

What are you most excited about/for? everything. I want this so badly. Seeing a baby at the scan will be…there are no words. 

When is your first appt? Not until early Jan. Argh. They offered me end of December but I couldn’t do it due to travel. 

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender? Yes!

Post # 32
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

annonbee857 :  Congrats! We have the same due date!! At least according to FF lol.

Post # 33
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Temecula, California

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 4 weeks!

What’s your estimated due date: August 17th 2017

When did you get your BFP? August 3,4,5,6  

Who have you told? Husband, my mother, DHs mother, my brother, DHs siblings and 2 best friends

When do you plan on telling more people?  We plan to tell the rest of our family on Christmas  

How did you tell your partner? After my husband came home from work, I handed him a champagne glass filled with sparkling cider and presented him with an early Christmas present.  He opened the present to find a “best dad ever” t-shirt.  He asked if I was pregnant, then I presented him with the pregnancy tests.  He was so excited!

Any symptoms yet? Not yet.

What are you most excited about/for? Having our first child!

When is your first appt?  Jan 6th  

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green?  I have to know ASAP!

<footer class=”social-row” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px 0px; padding: 3px 7px 0px 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; color: #5a5049; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links ” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 19px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; float: left; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: initial initial;”>
<div class=”bbpl_button_wrapper” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; float: right; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: initial initial;”> </div>
</div>

</footer>

Post # 34
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

How far along are you? 4W5D!

What’s your estimated due date: August 12th, 2017

How many cycles trying? I believe this would’ve been 4

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday! didn’t think anything would happen! And another today to be sure

Who have you told? Just my husband so far

When do you plan on telling more people? Immediate family on Christmas! Then I’ll share with my best friends as well. Will wait til after 1st trimester to tell more

How did you tell your partner? I planned to surprise him, but I was so stunned that it was a BFP, I did the scooby-doo run out of the bathroom to tell him. I had the stick and said ‘don’t freak out!” (because I was); he thought I had a spider in my hand and was relieved when he saw it was a positive test, rofl

Any symptoms yet? Appetite increase (unsure if related this early), sore breasts!

What are you most excited about/for? The whole new journey of carrying the little one, and finally being able to hold him/her with my husband!

When is your first appt? 12/21

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? I want it to be a secret, my husband wants to know. I told him he can know if he wants, but to not tell me if he goes with me to a later ultrasound appt with me πŸ™‚

Post # 35
160 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats to all the new BFPs!

How’s everyone doing in their pregnancy so far? I’ve entered week 6 earlier this week and so far I’m loving it, getting so excited, can’t wait for the little milestones along the way. Have a feeling it’s a baby boy for us πŸ™‚ Just a feeling, no reason behind it haha. Hubby is super stoked. 

Post # 36
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2015

How far along are you? 5w today!

What’s your estimated due date: August 11, 2017

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? This morning after being 1 week late

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! My first real post, and I can’t figure out how to upload the photo, it was a digital and said “Yes +”!

Who have you told? Husband only so far

When do you plan on telling more people? Parents at Christmas and the rest around the 12 week mark

How did you tell your partner? He was sleeping but I couldn’t hold the excitement so I woke him up and said look!! It’s positive!

Any symptoms yet? Sore breasts for about a week (pain is getting worse each day).

What are you most excited about/for? Being a mom for the first time, finding out the gender, telling our parents.

When is your first appt? December 19, 2016.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Will definitely be finding out the gender!

Post # 38
43 posts
Newbee

I’m 6 weeks 2 days and I feel terrible. I’m starving and nauseous and full all at the same time. I try to eat and it’s like my mouth doesn’t want to chew or swallow. I’m also suffering from a yeast infection. I just feel terrible and it’s too early to tell anyone so I can’t talk to my mom or friends who have been here. I booked a private scan for 7weeks 2 days because even though I feel awful all day and night I still don’t believe it’s real. I had a tiny amount of pink spotting and the first thing that came up on Google was molar pregnancy so now I’m worried I have a cancer pregnancy and that’s why I’m starving all the time. I know I’m whining but maybe there’s someone else in the same boat and we can commiserate together. 

Post # 39
6 posts
Newbee

banchibg :  I am so sorry you are having such a rough week. I am having some very similar struggles and it is really unfun. I want to be happy and excited but my mind is in overdrive. Two things I am trying:

– not googling. And if I do, sticking to only reputable sources  (e.g., Mayo Clinic). Good sources provide risk data. So yes, a molar pregnancy is a possibility, but it is very rare. We live with uncertainty and small risks all the time in life (e.g., someone might rear end me, I might choke on this steak), and don’t spend every waking moment thinking about all the what ifs. 

– remembering that worrying changes nothing. It doesn’t make anything happen. It won’t protect us from misfortune, and it won’t cause misfortune. It’s just words, and all it does is causes us upset. It doesn’t give us any more control over the situation.  

Anyone else got any advice? I can go from being totally fine, to being a mushy pile of woe, back to being totally fine. It is exhausting.

Hope your scan helps! so exciting that it is next week!  

Post # 40
198 posts
Blushing bee

ROLL CALL!

WEEKS: Just under six weeks! I can’t believe my first trimester is already almost half over. Oh my god.

DUE DATE: Early August! The third or fourth, most probably.

CYCLES TRYING: None at all. My Fiance and I were planning to try after the wedding. Little bean was a complete accident. A happy one, though!

FIRST BFP: I found out last Friday! At four weeks. I haven’t actually taken a pregnancy test, though. There’s a blood drive at my school coming up, so I thought I’d get tested beforehand, just in case. And surprise! Guess I can’t donate, now. 

TOLD: My sister! She’s an OBGYN resident, so she was the first one I told. I definitely wanted her to know. My mother, after, who kept alternating between happy bawling and berating me for getting pregnant out of wedlock. And then my Future Brother-In-Law accidentally found out. I’m just hoping he can keep it a secret! He’s really excited to be an uncle. It’s adorable, bless him, but nerve racking 

ANNOUNCEMENT: I’m going to wait until I’m twelve weeks to announce to everyone, just to be safe! So not until next year. Of course, if my Fiance wants to tell a few people beforehand, that’s alright with me. 

PARTNER: I haven’t told my Fiance yet, actually! I will on Christmas. I’m putting a little gift basket together to tell him. Ultrasound, coffee, a couple books, onesie, stuff like that. I’m also considering one of those teddy bears that you can record the fetus’s heartbeat on, and squeeze to replay!

SYMPTOMS: Yes, ugh! Soreness, mostly, and I’m so tired. I started morning sickness at around four am this morning, which was really fun. I am so not looking forward to weeks of this. And I’ve really been craving hot chocolate, but that might not be a pregnancy thing. 

EXCITED FOR: Ooh, everything! The ultrasound, definitely. Hearing the heartbeat. And I am really excited for decorating the nursery! I already have plans.

FIRST APPOINTMENT: This afternoon! I’m going in for an early ultrasound, since my family has a history of twins, and my doctor suggested I check, just in case. 

GENDER: Team Green, most probably, but it really doesn’t make a difference to me either way. I’ll let my Fiance decide.

Post # 41
43 posts
Newbee

forestsandsands :  Thank you im sorry you have similar struggles. These hormones make it rough! I like what you said and I’m really going try and not google anymore. I do feel like my mind is definitely on overdrive! I want to enjoy this so badly! Its so hard not to over analyze every change that’s happening. If I have too many symptoms I get upset, if I have too few one day, I get upset. I do tell myself everyday that whatever will happen, will happen and worrying does absolutely nothing to change the outcome, so what’s the point! 

I’ve never been a c’est la vie type person but I’m trying πŸ™‚ 

You are also so right about being in control. I always forget I have control issues haha and I’m sure that’s a major reason why I’m feeling this way. That made me kind of snap out of it…for a bit πŸ™‚

Post # 42
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? Possibly 4 weeks

What’s your estimated due date: August sometime πŸ˜‰

How many cycles trying? 0! My hubby and I are quite surprised!

When did you get your BFP? Thursday December 1st.

Who have you told? Hubby and my small group bible study girls. We needed prayer because we are going on a mission trip to Africa and still seeing if we can go.

When do you plan on telling more people? Family over the Christmas season. For others we will wait until our first ultrasound pics I think… I can’t keep secrets… I’ve about spilled the beans a million time already!

How did you tell your partner? Just told him in bed one night. 6 months ago we had a MC at 5 weeks and I did a surprise, but was hesitant this time around.

Any symptoms yet? I’m hungry all the time!! Like those post workout empty stomach feelings. I haven’t worked out, but really need to start!

What are you most excited for? Having my sweet baby belly and holding/loving on a little one.

When is your first appt? 12/4/16

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? I think we will find out. I’d love a gender party!!

My first squinted!!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/august-2017-mamas/#ixzz4SXXqXf50

Post # 43
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Hi there! Still in shock but here goes..

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 5 Weeks – my periods exalcty a week late

What’s your estimated due date: August 11th 2017

When did you get your BFP? This morning!!

Who have you told? Darling Husband

When do you plan on telling more people? Immediate family at Christmas

How did you tell your partner? I was in such shock, I just tossed the test on his lap..lol

Any symptoms yet? Sore breasts

What are you most excited about/for? Watching my husband become a father!!

When is your first appt? Not sure…I dont even know what the next step is!! 

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? I would like to be team green, but we probably wont be able to handle that!

Post # 44
604 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 5 weeks tomorrow!

What’s your estimated due date: August 15th

How many cycles trying? a year and a half, so a lot! I’m still in a state of very happy disbelief

When did you get your BFP? on my first nephew’s due date, 12/6

Who have you told? my best friend, my husband’s best friend, and my close friend who i also happen to now work with (my acupuncture and upcoming obgyn appointments were falling at difficult times, and she knew how long we had been trying)

When do you plan on telling more people? we’re traveling to visit my husband’s family next week for the holidays, so we are telling both sets of his parents and his grandparents then, and then my parents and brother and his wife on new year’s eve when we get together for a small belated christmas celebration (what a great time of year to share this news, right?!) πŸ™‚ We plan on telling the rest of the world on valentine’s day, when we’re a bit into the second trimester.

How did you tell your partner? he knew i was taking a test, so i sent him like 10 texts telling him to hurry up and come upstairs, and brought him into the bathroom and showed him the test.

Any symptoms yet? exhaustion and hiccups!

What are you most excited about/for? i am most excited for our first ultrasound right now, and then for meeting our baby!

When is your first appt? this coming tuesday. i have had a DVT and PEs before, a couple years ago, so i am meeting with a new obgyn (mine is on maternity leave) to discuss possible use of blood thinning medication.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? we are totally going to find out the gender, i want to know as much as possible about our baby asap since we’ve been waiting so long for all of this! i would just burst if i didn’t know πŸ™‚

Post # 45
604 posts
Busy bee

LoveGun :  hah! i’ve been equally giddy at work (when i’m not yawning). my friend has been playing christmas music and i literally find myself tapping my feet and bobbing my head to it πŸ™‚ people must think i’ve lost my marbles.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors