August 2017 Mamas!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 121
384 posts
Helper bee

Spinwife :  I’ve got my first ultrasound on Jan 10th as well.  I got my betas done last week and 16dpiui I was at 665 so she was really happy with the number and didn’t think we needed repeats.  So now we just wait until the 10th, my wife and I are pretty nervous… it seems like forever away!!!!

Whats the deal on the facebook group, how do we get in if we want?

Post # 122
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

pmerr :  oh my gosh valentine’s day seems so far away! lol. So that’s when you plan on telling your parents too?

farmerswife94 :  oh my gosh, I love that ornament!!! I got these to tell our parents. We are going to wrap them up like it’s just another gift and watch carefully as they open! I hope I can get it all on recording without being too obvious!

sayanything :  aww I love the mug idea! Yeah, I’ve found that it’s really really hard to keep a pregnancy a secret around the holidays! We had my extended family christmas last night, and I had to carry around a glass of wine all night, go dump some out occassionally.

Post # 123
990 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Hi everyone! So excited to find this thread 🙂

How far along are you? I think Im 5w4d… but I’m not positive because I *think* ovulated a week later than I was supposed to.. so I’m not completely sure how that would affect things.

What’s your estimated due date: Pretty sure it is 8/17/17

How many cycles trying? This was our 2nd cycle really trying

When did you get your BFP? On Thursday!

Who have you told? So far we have told 2 couples… close friends we saw at a party on Saturday and they called me out for not drinking so… it kinda slipped LOL

When do you plan on telling more people? We are telling our families at Christmas. Not sure who else we will tell, but we are having a New Years party and may announce to some friends that night.

How did you tell your partner? I told him I was feeling weird and I had gotten what I thought was a squinter on Wednesday 12/14 so we took the test together on Thursday.

Any symptoms yet? Tired and super thirsty!!

What are you most excited about/for? It’s our first child so we are super excited but mostly in disbelief!

When is your first appt? My dr has to call me back still (their scheduling system has been down since last week, yikes!) but she said they want to see me last week of Dec.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Team green all the way! We don’t think we want to find out this time but we may want to for future children.

Post # 124
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

natbrown0703 :  Yeah, we would tell everyone then. We waited until about 12-13 weeks to tell everyone with our first.

Post # 125
2716 posts
Sugar bee

twodresswedding :  DM me your email address and I can see if I can add you.

Post # 126
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

twodresswedding :   It does seem like forever until 1/10, hopefully the holidays will help to keep our minds off of it while we wait. 

natbrown0703 :  I love these onesies, so cute!  Where did you order them from?  Its probably too late for Xmas but maybe not?

Post # 127
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

If anyone wants to be added to the Facebook group you can message me your email and I can add you!

Post # 128
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

For those thinking of Christmas announcements, we got a nice Christmas ornament of the fruit or seed that is the same size of the baby at the time we gave it to them.

We gave my Mother-In-Law hers the other night and she was thrilled and absolutely LOVED it. Can’t wait to give one to my parents on NYE when we have our belated Christmas 🙂

Post # 129
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Temecula, California

I went for an ultrasound yesterday because I am very impatient right now and, even though I couldn’t see the baby yet, I did see the gestational sack and the yolk sack. It was definitely reassuring.   I know a lot more will be going on at my 8 week appointment. 

My Darling Husband and I told our most of our immediate family and we will tell the rest on Christmas. I know it’s still early but I would want the family support either way. 

Post # 130
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Spinwife :  I saw them on Etsy originally, but someone that I know from college makes them locally, so I swore her to secrecy and had her make them.  Quicker turn around, cheaper, and don’t have to pay/wait for shipping.

mrskitty5 :  Oh that’s such a good idea!! How cute!!

wifeyprice :  That’s all that we saw on our ultrasound also.  But the doctor seemed reasurred because there was a yolk sac.

Post # 131
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

My progesterone levels went from 4.7 to 18!!! Praise the Lord!

Post # 132
2716 posts
Sugar bee

The levels came back at almost 4000! And I scheduled my dating ultrasound, but have to wait until January 10! It’s so crazy!

Post # 133
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My levels are rising as they should (yay!) But I’m going back for another level test a week from today. And then my viability u/s on 1/5. I can’t wait! 

Post # 134
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I hope things turn out okay. My first pregnancy was a miscarriage so I can’t get too excited yet. I cannot wait for 1/3 to see the heartbeat at my first u/s!

Post # 135
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I’m hesitant to roll call because I’m still in a lot of denial and dealing with a ton of anxiety that something bad will happen with this pregnancy, but I’m trying to be optimistic today and so here goes:

How far along are you? 4+6

What’s your estimated due date: 8/23

How many cycles trying? Over 2.5 years, I’ve honestly lost count of the cycles and timing of it all at this point. I’ll keep it short and sweet (if you want the extended version check out the 1+ or P after Infertility boards). MC after 6 months trying on our own, saught testing and help from the RE after 1 year, with a lot of roadblocks along the way. Some TI/medicated cycles, 6 IUI and another miscarriage brought us to IVF. We did back to back retrieval cycles and got 3 frozen blasts. Our first transfer was a failure to implant. Our second (this current pregnancy) was successful.

When did you get your BFP? 12/9, 4DP5DT (9DPO)

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 
Here is our baby at 6 days old:resized

Who have you told? My husband and friends from WB!

When do you plan on telling more people? Many know about our infertility struggles and I expect them to ask sooner than later, but we are going to try and keep it to ourselves as long as we can. I don’t feel confident that something bad won’t happen and want to see that heartbeat before telling others.

How did you tell your partner? Well, it was not much of a surprise given our road to this pregnancy, however he was out of town the entire week prior to my beta. I kept the news to myself because I did not want to worry him or stress him out any more with the “what ifs” that seemed to hit us hard with infertility. I got a snowflake Christmas ornament and put a photo of our embyro inside to celebrate our “snowflake” baby and gave it to him when he came back in town. He was very emotional and surprised that this worked (as am I).

Any symptoms yet? None, for the most part. I actually feel better now that I am pregnant than I did on all of the hormones prior to our transfer!

What are you most excited about/for? IVF and infertility has sort of sucked the joy out of pregnancy for me at this point. I don’t feel like I can let myself get excited, but I am looking forward to certain stages of the pregnancy. I can’t wait to hold a baby in my arms.

When is your first appt? Next appointment is 1/3 for 6 week US.

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? Undecided, I always thought we would be team green but with our previous losses, I am starting to feel like I want to find out so that we can identify and properly grieve a child if anything horrible happens.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors