posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
1581 posts
Bumble bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 25/33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date:  Not sure. Before TTC, my cycles were 31 days, pretty much on the dot. First cycle TTC I had a 37 day cycle and this cycle was 26 days. Thinking O will be around 8/1 (based on FF) but I am not confident.

POAS Date: 8/17 

Usual Cycle Length: Normally 31 days, but recently anywhere from 25-37. 

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, charting, prenatals. Considering Pre-seed & OPK’s. 

Trying anything new this month? I started temping during last cycle, so this will be my first cycle temping the whole way through, so I guess that’s new. Considering Pre-seed and OPK’s but hesitant to drop the $$ for OPK’s especially. Oh, I also read some things about green tea helping with CM, so I will be drinking lots of green tea this cycle!! I like it anyways, so I figure it can’t hurt! Also going to try to stay off social media this month. All the new pregnancy announcements/baby pictures on FB and Insta aren’t helping 🙂 Planning to use that time doing things to help relax/ enjoy my life instead of being jealous and upset. 

Post # 47
895 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

SeaOfLove :  Thank you! I hope your DH’s med switch is a smooth transition and little interruption to TTC 🙂 

Post # 51
4294 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

minimalistoverplanner :  Thank you for updating!

I stop using OPKs after I get a positive. I don’t like to over think things. My first cycle using them, I did wait to stop using OPKs once my darkest OPK started getting lighter again. I had a temp rise 3 mornings after my positive OPK. Babydust to you!!

Post # 53
2329 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

minimalistoverplanner :  Could you please move my POAS date to August 16? My fertility app has changed its predictions for O and AF on me since I role called, I’m guessing because last cycle was soo long. Annoying that it waited until a few days in to do this but what can you do? Oh well, hoping this month is closer to my normal cycle lengths!

Post # 54
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/ 36

Baby #: 2, DD is almost 2.

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date:  7/29

POAS Date: If I O when FF thinks I will, then I’ll probably test 8/13.

Usual Cycle Length: Before I got pregnant with DD, my cycles were about 28 days. I had my IUD removed a couple weeks ago and just got my first period since before I got pregnant with her. So we’ll see if my cycle regulates this month. I’m trying to not get my hopes up.

Cycles Trying: 1(ish), we were NTNP for the last few weeks since I got my IUD removed.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, Charting and OPKs

Trying anything new this month? Everything! LOL I was really hoping to go with the flow these first couple cycles, but I don’t know who I was kidding. 

Post # 55
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/29

Baby #: 2, DS is 10 months

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 16

Ovulation Date: 7/16 I think!

POAS Date: Only if my period is a few days late, probably around Aug 4th or 5th

Usual Cycle Length: I’ve only had 2 periods since having my last baby, but usually around 30 days

Cycles Trying: 1st!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Just prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Just seeing how it goes! My son is almost 11 months old so we’re not in a huge rush. NBD either way this month

Post # 56
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

minimalistoverplanner :  For the first cycle or two, I obsessively checked the OPKs after the first positive. They would be positive for about 48 hours. Now, I stop after the first positive…trying to find ways to stress less about the whole process 😉

Post # 57
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Joining in!  First month trying!  Just went off birth control after my last cycle so it’s all a new adventure at this point.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30 (turning 31 this cycle)/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: DPO 4

Ovulation Date: 7/14

POAS Date: 8/1 (I usually get my period by the first of the month)

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30 (I think – first month off birth control in awhile!)

Cycles Trying: first time!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): We’re not doing too much.  I’ve been taking prenatals for the past month or so in preparation.  I’m timing it a bit but don’t know for sure if my cycle is regular yet.

Trying anything new this month? All of it is new 🙂

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

Post # 58
6257 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

ok ladies quick vent. this isn’t really TTC related at all but I figure some of you may be in the same position as me (ttc and already a bit nervous about dealing with MIL and how she will try and impose her own parenting views on your kid)

so MIL walks the dog for us 2x per week. we used to have a paid walker, but she got super offended when she found out and so we decided whatever, she can walk the dog. we liked that the paid walker showed up on time, sent me photos and a recap of the walk (yay dog photos while at work) and in general that we could maintain more privacy esp. now that we are TTC (I have to make an effort to not leave any TTC paraphernalia out in the open or in the bathroom trash)

anyway.. MIL kept coming to walk the dog at 1:30 and we kept asking her to please please walk the dog earlier, before noon, and she kept saying she would but then never changed (my alarm system tells me when she arrives and departs). as a result puppy has to hold her poop a lot longer in the morning and doesn’t pee when we get home from work so she ends up having to hold her per till our after dinner walk.  also at 1:30 its super hot out and she overheats, which MIL totally acknowledged but doesnt seem to hear us when we ask her to walk the dog earlier to avoid precisely that… she more acts like it’s our fault somehow. despite all that, I was pretty chill.. dog can handle it, even if it’s not ideal.

well DH talked to her about it again and the truth came out: she was arriving late on purpose because she didn’t know we took our dog out to pee when we got home from work so she thought dog had to hold her pee from morning walk at 11am to evening walk at 8pm and MIL decided to walk her later to “help” dog.

now suddenly I’m pissed off.. and while this is just the dog, I’m more upset at how she handled this misunderstanding and what it means if she babysits our little one.. i feel like basically she will decide for herself what she thinks the baby needs or what schedule the baby should be on and rather than discuss it with us she will just do whatever she thinks is better. 

bleh. anyway I know it’s nbd and that if she does that when we have a baby we will deal with it, and if it comes to it revoke babysitting privilege (though the shitshow that would ensue is immense.. tho honestly I can put up with a lot in exchange for free childcare).. just annoyed and wanted to vent

Post # 59
231 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/39

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: 30 July

POAS Date: 13 Aug 

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30 

Cycles Trying: 7 (though last 2 have been a bust)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): more BD during FW

Trying anything new this month? 

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

Post # 60
1581 posts
Bumble bee

amanda1988 :  I feel you! My MIL would do something similar. A few times she’s come over for dinner and asked if she can help. I’ve said ‘oh stir the sauce’ or something and she will look at it and say ‘doesn’t need to be stirred’. Okay, fine. I’ll look at it and decide it DOES need to be stirred (I knew it did)  and she will try and correct me saying ‘honey I told you, the sauce doesn’t need to be stirred’. 

It sounds trivial and dumb, but it’s my sauce, damnit! If I think it needs to be stirred, I’ll stir it!! I’m worried it will translate onto kids. ‘I don’t think the baby needs a bottle. I don’t think he needs a blanket. I dont think he needs to go to bed yet, etc’ 

I don’t know why your MIL wouldn’t just walk the dog at the time you asked her to. Like she knows your dogs schedule better than you?? And if she did have a concern, why didn’t she just ask about it (hey, if I walk the dog at noon, doesn’t that mean she doesn’t go out until X time? Would it be better if I came around 1:30?) instead of just doing what she wants with your dog. 

My only thought is don’t borrow trouble, deal with the kid issue once you have kids and something happens. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors