August 2017 POAS

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 676
1599 posts
Bumble bee

sleepymelis :  oh really? I have been trying not to be a crazy pants during the TWW so I have just been documenting energizing in FF but not googling what it could mean haha. I hope it will mean a BFP!!! 

Fx for you, too!!! 

Post # 677
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m still clueless as to what’s going on with my body. seems I just refuse to ovulate this cycle. I’m probably taking a break for at least a month if not more so maybe I can relax and “forget” to be ttc for number 2. I’ve had streaky (what seems to be, according to dr google) o spotting in ewcm twice this month now? Literally makes zero sense to me! 

Post # 678
316 posts
Helper bee

apostrophecatastrophe :  Thank you! I’m glad that I’m not the only one pissed of by OPKs. I got another almost positive today, so wtf is this body doing? I’m about to open the clearblue OPK box. Expensive, but not that tricky. We’ll also start temping next month. FX for your BFP!

Post # 679
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

JessieFay13 :  I’m in the same boat. Impulsively POAS this morning at 10 dpo and got a BFN. I’m not sure what I was thinking with that one. I told myself I had to wait until at least 12dpo this month. 

I’m going to hold off on testing until at least Thursday. AF is due either Friday or Saturday.

Post # 680
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Ugh, I don’t know if having internet cheapies in my house is a good idea. I feel like they just add fuel to my crazy TWW fire. I’m 11dpo and I’ve had some super light spotting, which is normal for me a day or two before AF shows up. I told myself I would wait until Tuesday (when AF is due) to test, but NOPE! I made it 2 hours this morning then decided to test (with diluted urine) just to get it out of my system. I have no will power when it comes to POAS. 

Post # 681
1599 posts
Bumble bee

9dpo and bfn, but I’m not too surprised or upset. I think my chart is still looking pretty good, so trying to think positive! AF is due in 4 days, so either way, I will know soon! 

FX for everyone still waiting! 

Post # 682
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

im at 7dpo, Dont think this is the month for me though. I havent been able to temp for the past two months due to a crazy work/sleep schedule so i went back to using wondfos. We were able to BD the two days i got a positive OPK, and i had planned to BD the two days after, but of course work prevented that. 

not holding out a ton of hope, cause i didnt stick to my original plan, but we will see. 

going to “try” and pick up temping next month. But after September im heading back to the doctor to see if we go into taking steps for fertility drugs. 

Post # 683
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Hi everyone! Would like to join this thread and the Sept thread as well. New to this side of the bee (and just figured out what POAS meant 😂). Scared and excited all at the same time!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/36

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD15

Ovulation Date: According to Glow and Clear Blue OPK 8/11-13.

POAS Date: 8/25/2017 (since it’s my 1st time gonna wait until the start of my next period according to Glow)

Usual Cycle Length: 26

Cycles Trying: #1, woot woot!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPK, prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Just ordered a smart BT to start measuring temps & ordered Pre-Seed. Also starting to read Fertility books to hit the ground running in Sept (CD1). 

Link to your chart if charting: No idea how to do this, just an image or can I like through apps like Glow?

Post # 684
2403 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

larissakay :  I kind of regret testing now lol – the main reason I did was because AF would have been due on Friday or Saturday if my cycles were the same length as they were prior to going on BCP, and I would have been 11DPO if I O’d when my app guesstimated I would. For some reason, when working the dates out, I just didn’t take into account the fact that I’m pretty sure I O’d the day after my app guestimated – oops! At the moment, the plan is to test again on Saturday if AF doesn’t show (my app says she’s due Wednesday but if I O’d later it’ll be more like Thursday or Friday). Here’s hoping we both get our BFPs!!

Post # 685
57 posts
Worker bee

SeaOfLove :  Thank you so much! Yes I do temp, a couple pages ago I posted my graph and here it is again, unfortunately complete with a temperature drop at the end.

symptom spotting: all of this started when a friend told me about her sore breasts the next day after the only time they have ever tried and she got pregnant right away, now in week 31. 

So now that AF came I am just really surprised about all my symptoms. I had such crazy sore breasts and fullness and felt bloated, however only until DPO7, next day most of it was gone. We did BD that night, so that might have pushed out in case anything was on the way to implant or my uterus lining was too thin because I just got off BC after 12 years of taking it.

I am a bit shocked that AF came somewhat early, only DPO12. I hope that if there is a fertilized egg, it will have enough time to implant. I’m going to try Lady’s Mantle tea next cycle to see if that would make the luteal phase a bit longer.

I was pretty sad, crying even, but I am more or less OK now. Feeling sad won’t change the situation. It is what it is.

The good part about this cycle is that my temperature curve is pretty clear, nicely seperated by the ovulation drop/spike. We’ll see how it is next month.

In conclusion – that means I am out, I POAS a couple of times, all BFN. Talk to you all in the September group 🙂

Post # 686
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hi! I’m emily. I was around these boards when trying for my first but haven’t been around much since. I have a 2 year old. On June 8th I found out I was pregnant but at my first ultrasound July 11th (9 weeks) we found out it was a. Twins, and b. There were no heartbeats and they had stopped growing at around 6.5 weeks. I had a d&c July 20th and a week later found out I had retained products of conception and finally passed everything. My ob said I don’t have to wait, and I believe I ovulated so I thought I’d join you ladies! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/28

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: I believe I ovulated yesterday/today

Ovulation Date: 8/12 or 8/13. Had a positive opk 8/12

POAS Date: 8/27 I’m going to wait at least 2 weeks

Usual Cycle Length: before my d&c they were ranging 30-32 days

Cycles Trying: 6

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Opks, timing bd, prenatal, I have been charting and will after this next period. It’s just been wonky because of the miscarriage. 

Trying anything new this month? trying to relax. It took five months before this miscarriage so I have a feeling it will take a few months.

Link to your chart if charting: n/a right now but I will next month 

Post # 687
57 posts
Worker bee

CarolinaJames :  Welcome! I’m happy to see somebody in my age group 🙂 I’m 36 and this will be my second cycle TTC after just getting off BC. Did you take birth control before? For how long?

Post # 688
251 posts
Helper bee

sunnyorchid :  Sorry AF arrived.  If I were you, though, I wouldn’t worry too much about the 12 day LP– 12 days is totally within the range of normal, and it’s definitely long enough for a fertilized egg to implant and prepare for a sustained pregnancy.  I totally get feeling upset that this month wasn’t the one–but at least a LP problem is one less thing to be stressed about right now.  

er3486 :  Welcome! I’m sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope you get your rainbow baby(ies?) soon.  Is your 2 year old a boy or a girl?

Post # 689
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

sunnyorchid :  welcome to the group! I am also in your age group (38yo, came off BC in February). Also had crazy symptoms this month – sore boobs, mild cramps since O, heartburn, mild fatigue, mild nausea, you name it – and got my hopes up, but am now seeing my temps drop and am kind of crushed. My LP has been in the 10 – 11 day range as well, which FF says is ‘normal’ but it’s definitely on the short end. TTC is so hard sometimes!! But I’m sure it will all be worth it in the end 😊

Post # 690
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - historical mansion

sunnyorchid :  Sorry about AF! I also had sore boobs my first cycle off BC and was hopeful. And I totally had symptoms last month that turned into nothing too so I’m trying hard not to symptom spot this month.  I found watching the temps go down before AF to be stressful so I’m not planning to temp at the end of the month this time. According to FF I’m 3dpo today but I never got a positive OPK or EWCM this month so I’m slightly skeptical. I had a couple that  were almost positive but not quite. I am 36 too. Here is my chart in case anyone wants to say if they agree or disagree with FF. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors