August 2017 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 901
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
AstonMartin :  I’m starting to feel the same thing.  I’ve never implanted before so I have no idea what it feels like, but extensive googling assures me that implantation can feel stabby, OR can feel like normal cramps.  I hate that the answer is always wait and see, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens undecided

Post # 902
749 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
chicagold :  I wish there was just someone that could tell you defined steps that were easy to follow so that everything was transparently clear on what to do and what to expect. I’m finding that part so hard. I’ve never been good at waiting. I always find myself looking for something to do to be proactive. 

Post # 903
2655 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

View original reply
MrsLondonBee :  Congratulations! So happy for you, FX for a sticky bean!

Post # 904
801 posts
Busy bee

I tested this morning and I think I see the smallest hint of a line, but then maybe I’m crazy. This is the first time I’ve ever felt the urge to squint at a stick – the rest have been obvious negatives. This is 12 DPO. Am I crazy? 

Post # 905
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - historical mansion

View original reply
AstonMartin :  Ugh sorry to hear that we are in the same boat. It’s definitely frustrating. I used to have regular 28-day cycles. I never tracked when I ovulated or anything like that, but my period was always regular before. After tracking for two months, and based on what happened with my missed miscarriage, I am pretty much convinced that I have a short LP and my body is not giving a fertilized egg enough time to implant before my period arrives. I emailed my doctor yesterday to ask about testing for that, and hopefully she will get back to me soon. I am 36 and I would definitely be open to taking Clomid to make me ovulate earlier in my cycle. Ovulating on CD21 is just not going to result in a successful pregnancy. I’m sure of it.

So with my MMC, I got what i thought was my period on CD27, so I didn’t bother to take a test. I wasn’t tracking ovulation. But then about 10 days later, I started bleeding again, and after a bunch testing, it turned out that there was an empty sac implanted, and I had to have a D&C. So, my hypothesis is that I ovulated late and implanted after I got my period (??) so there wasn’t enough hormones, nutrients, etc in the uterine lining, so the embryo couldn’t develop. I realize that sounds slightly crazy, but the fact that I’ve had 10-11 day LPs for the past two months is what brought me to this hypothesis. So yesterday, I started my period at 11dpo (so annoying), but it was pretty light. It started getting heavier today, but I had felt cramping that could have been implantation for a few days now, so I’m worried that this same late-implantation-after-my-period could be happening again because 1. My temperature went up again today, and 2. My boobs still hurt. So, as crazy as this might sound, I might take a preganancy test tomorrow or the next day even though I think I’m on CD2 (day 2 of period). This whole thing is clearly making me insane. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 906
801 posts
Busy bee

NEVERMIND just got AF.  I think that test was faulty – it looked a little raised on the edge.  Anyway, on to September!  Good luck for everyone still in it this month!!!

Post # 907
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - historical mansion

View original reply
chicagold :  Oh no! Sorry about AF! ๐Ÿ™ See you in Sept.

Post # 908
7080 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
MrsLondonBee :  Congratulations!!

Post # 909
43 posts
Newbee

View original reply
apostrophecatastrophe :  
View original reply
ladycomfypants :  thanks ladies! 

View original reply
chicagold :  thanks bee! I’m sorry to hear AF arrived yesterday – I’d been keeping all my fingers crossed for you as my cycle buddy. I really hope September is your month. 

Post # 910
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
SeaOfLove :  thanks for asking a while back how I am. I almost replied a couple of times but weddingbee lost my replies. I’ve been on an absolute rollercoaster the last 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago I was feeling fed up and down as we only BD once the previous cycle and too early and I’d just had AF and I thought it would never happen. I was thinking though that I had had a weird AF of only 2 days brown blood and started googling why. On the Friday I decided to rule that out and POAS and rule that out.

I was so shocked at the faint second pink line I nearly fell over. After I told Darling Husband we couldn’t believe it, we drove to the store so fast and went and got another different type of test. There were 2 in the packet and the first one came back invalid, what are the chances! I had to put in all the effort to get enough pee again to do the 2nd- sorry if Too Much Information. That came back a clear positive!

We were so excited and that weekend was amazing. We told both sets of parents on the Sunday because we couldn’t keep it in, even though I was only 4 weeks plus 4.

Sunday night I started spotting. I tried not to get too worried, spotting was normal, and Monday morning I was feeling quite positive but it got a little heavier, still spotting but more than a few dots. Darling Husband convinced me to leave work early and we got an emergency appointment with the doctor. He was clueless really, but he phoned the Early Pregnancy Unit and got their number to call if it got heavier. On Tuesday it was a bit heavier but not too bad when I called them in the morning. By lunch time it had gotten to a ‘light period’ level. My husband came to meet me and I cried in his car, I called my mom and she came to my work to get me as Darling Husband had to go back to work. Wednesday bleeding was heavy with clots- I stayed off work at home crying, I also cried in front of my boss but I just told him it’s a ‘women’s health issue’ as I didn’t want to go into details. Anyway on Thursday I went to work and Friday to yesterday was our once in a lifetime trip to NYC and I’m feeling much better. The bleeding lasted til Monday and I just did a test to make sure and it’s white as snow.

So basically I had a chemical pregnancy. I know that it was an early loss but I’m still pretty devastated. I also just did an OPK and there’s a faint line so I can get back on the TTC wagon soon. Might join September POAS board, on cycle 9 of trying.

Sorry if this wasn’t the place to post this but I got a lot of support from these boards before I kind of gave up after 6/7 or so cycles and I’m missing that a bit especially as the only people who know are my husband or parents. I might tell my friend who is also TTC but not sure yet.

Post # 913
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ladycomfypants :  thank you, it was very early so I felt silly getting so upset but I think it’s losing all the hopes and dreams that you get when you see the 2 lines.

Post # 914
442 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
lucky_charm :  no way. there’s nothing silly about it.  I’ve never had a BFP, but I can only imagine the joy it brings.  A CP must be devestating, and you have every right to mourn this loss.  

Post # 915
7080 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
lucky_charm :  This is TOTALLY the place to talk about it!!  I am so very sorry you had a chemical… especially knowing what a struggle the past 9 months or so have been ๐Ÿ™ I’m not going to lie… I was afraid mine would end in a chemical or miscarriage too and we would be back to square one – not out of the clear yet!  But!  Keep in mind, it is much easier to get pregnant after a chemical, and now you know that it could be possible with your DH’s anxiety and medication.  FX you get your sticky bean soon <3  I’m rooting for you SO hard!  We’re always here for you on WB!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors