August 2018 Brides

posted 5 months ago in August 2018
Post # 31
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Following! My wedding is 08/10/18. I’m also in graduate school so planning has kind of been at a standstill but I’m hoping to get done more over this winter break!

Done:

• Booked church & reception venue, and we have a draft of our catering & bar options.
  • Bridal party confirmed, 3 out of 7 BMs have dresses (they’re picking their own)
  • Purchased wedding dress
  • We have a guest list 90% finished
  • Makeup artist chosen
  • Photographer booked
  • Decor/colors/ideas for flowers decided, centerpieces as well
  • Save the dates arrived!

Still to do: A LOT. lol. I need to find a DJ, florist, and baker. Those are the main things. All the other little stuff will get done eventually (sending save the dates, choosing invitations, hairstylist, etc.)

Post # 34
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

I’m getting married 8/25/18. We got engaged 9/23/17.

-venue and date locked in

-catering/bar/cake (all comes with the venue package)

-band locked in

-videographer locked in 

-photographer locked in (our engagement shoot is not until April though and I have no idea why. This seems really late) 

-officiants locked in

-photo booth locked in 

-hair locked in

-save the dates ordered and approved the final proof (going out  January/ early February at the latest) 

-dress/veil/tiara bought 

-hotel room blocks locked in 

-wedding party chosen

-late night food truck locked in

-bridesmaids dresses chosen yesterday. I have inspiration for what I want the groomsmen to wear but haven’t gone to an actual store to find it yet

-bridesmaids gifts bought! I know this wasn’t something I needed to do right now but I saw the perfect gifts for them heavily discounted online in a Black Friday sale so I swooped them up at 30% off 

I have a coordinator who’s guiding me through this so we were holding off on the florist and decor/lighting/ rentals until all the wedding party attire was chosen. Now that ive picked the groomsmen and bridesmaids outfits we can focus more on decor. I think the florist/ rentals are the only big vendors I still have left to book. Still need to hire a makeup person but I have a few options for that. We are in pretty good shape I think. The only thing left to do before the holidays is get everyone’s addresses for the save the dates. 

Post # 35
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Following! My wedding is 8/24. We have:

– Venue booked (catering / setup decisions outstanding)

– Dress / suit purchased but not altered

– Photographer, ceremony/reception musician, DJ and hair/makeup artists booked

– Wedding party chosen

– Some decor purchased

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors