August 2018 POAS

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
391 posts
Helper bee

Is it too early for me to be here? If so, I’m sorry! Just excited to be here lol

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 25/27

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle/DPO: CD2 of July’s cycle 

Ovulation Date: August 14

POAS Date: August 31..just in time for my birthday! A BFP would be the best birthday present ever 🙂

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: this will our first 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): both taking prenatals/supplements

Trying anything new this month?: Doing the BD on purpose will be exciting/scary/etc lol

Link to your chart if charting

For fun – Share a funny story about your partner/spouse: ehh there’s sooo many! Hubby has been really into fitness this year and he insisted that he show me that he can squad me. I kept saying no but he kept trying to reassure me by saying that he was confident he could squat my weight because he does the same weight at the gym. I finally agreed. Once I got on his shoulder and he stood up, his legs gave out instantly and we all went tumbling down haha won’t be doing that again 🙂

Post # 4
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

<div id=”board-post-id-1″ class=”boards-post-number” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; background-color: #eff6e7; color: #7a7a7a; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”>larissakay :  Bummed that we’re both on the August boards so soon, but, bring on the commiseration! I’ll Roll Call when I’m on a computer this evening.</div>

Post # 5
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - Canvas Event Space

Your age/partner’s age: 33/36 

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle/DPO: CD23

Ovulation Date: ~July 30 (still waiting for my first AF after a CP last month so it’s a bit more of a guess for now)

POAS Date: ~August 14

Usual Cycle Length: 29, hopefully stay that way

Cycles Trying: 2 (first after CP)

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): BD EOD, prenatal vitamins, charting probably?

Trying anything new this month?: I’ve been taking Synthroid which has already made a big improvement! I haven’t started charting/temping but I’m figuring it all out and starting asap. I had been tracking my period for months leading up to our first cycle and now it’s all thrown off.

Link to your chart if charting: N/A so far

For fun – Share a funny story about your partner/spouse: I don’t remember how it came up, but one time we were talking about Care Bears and he called it a terrible show. I called him out on it and goes “You’re right. It was a good show… Beastly was awesome!” and then just went, “sha-sha-sha!” (the sound Beastly made) when I stared at him blankly and then I told him he was watching Care Bears wrong. 

Post # 6
425 posts
Helper bee

larissakay :  your story about your husband speaking French reminds me of a time I was in Montreal. I went into a grocery store and the cashier greeted me in French and when I said, “Bonjour!” back to her she said, “Oh. Hello… ” back in English. 

Post # 7
1152 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Here i am again…

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 35/36

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle/DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: 7/21-7/23

POAS Date: 8/4

Usual Cycle Length: 29

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): charting. I ordered Ava but don’t know when it will arrive.  I am also doing prenatal, b complex.

Trying anything new this month?: eating more. I’m a competitive runner training at a decent level so i have to be sure I’m not stressing my body out.  Also got opks although i always miss my surge it seems.  I plan to run less the week i am ovulating too.

Link to your chart if charting: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/jouissance

For fun – Share a funny story about your partner/spouse: i don’t really have just one funny story…but when i had my daughter he was all cool until the baby had been born and we were headed back to our room (i had an uneventful csection)…and he had to sit down and pass out for a minute.

Post # 8
382 posts
Helper bee

larissakay :  

Your age/partner’s age: 33/37

Baby #: 1 me/3 him

Current Cycle/DPO: CD3 

Ovulation Date: ?? CD14-17 probably

POAS Date: I’ll update once I ovulate

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days-ish

Cycles Trying: 8th

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc): Prenatals (although I’m SO sick of them, been taking them for almost a year now!), charting, probably OPKs since this begins my busiest season for work travel and I’ll need to know when O is coming if I’m going to have a chance, CoQ10 (for me and trying to get hubby to take it). Magnesium supplementation. Continuing mediation and clean eating for stress reduction and hormones balance. 

Trying anything new this month?: Nope… not sure what’s left to try, LOL!

Link to your chart if charting

For fun – Share a funny story about your partner/spouse: Ill just share the most recent story… on our summer trip this month, we spent a fair amount of time at the beach. One evening we got home and Darling Husband took off his shirt and realized he hadn’t quite gotten the sunscreen everywhere on his stomach. He had random burned patches all over his stomach. They have formed a very interesting tan now!

Post # 9
382 posts
Helper bee

larissakay :  I started listening to your boss’ podcast. Love it! They quote some stats I’ve heard before… that 80% of couples will get pregnant within 6 cycles. It only goes up to like 85% between months 6-12… which begs the question, WHY do doctors make you wait until 12 months then? Clearly the 6 month mark is a good indicator based on recent data.

Post # 12
142 posts
Blushing bee

larissakay :  Post-HSG magic all around! (I’m still over in July hoping for that, too.)

Post # 14
425 posts
Helper bee

larissakay :  We’re between cycles atm. I started bleeding on the 14th and stopped around the 19th so it was pretty similar to my regular AF. I had some bloodwork done last week and everything was back to normal. I also had an ultrasound last week, I guess to make sure there’s no “debris” or anything left but I haven’t heard anything specifically about that yet.

At this point, I’m just waiting for my next AF which I expect hopefully around Sunday.

Post # 15
1152 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

larissakay :  I got preg on the first shot with my daughter!  I had just had my IUD out and was prepared for it to take awhile and then it didn’t.  I am prepared for this to take some time though- but I’m not going balls to the wall with my running this month (taking extra rest days) and if it doesn’t work, I’ll probably just back off  alot in August.  

mainely :  which podcast? I tried to scroll up and couldn’t find it!

areyouthebride :  welcome.  I feel your husband’s pain.  I have the most ridiculous tan line- it looks like i’m wearing shorts and a watch at all times…really white shorts.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors