August 2018 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 556
113 posts
Blushing bee

Hi bees, just wanted to update and say that I am out for this month. AF arrived yesterday as I suspected she would. It looks to me like I have late ovulation and a short luteal phase and that progesterone might be in my future. I’m starting another round of cycle monitoring tomorrow so you may see me on the Sep POAS boards.

Post # 557
841 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

jouissance :  Ava broke??? What happened?

Post # 559
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

How reliable is this Ava?? I’m just lurking until we TTC #2 in the spring but this is a new thing since we TTC #1. We didn’t temp with #1 because I wasn’t waking at the same time every day but something like that seems like it would be super handy if it was reliable. 

Post # 560
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

ChiTownBee27 :  I went through a CP first cycle trying for #1. It’s so hard and I’m so sorry you’re going through that. ๐Ÿ™ Take care of yourself and remember that CP’s can be very good news for you. <3

Post # 561
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

anev :  yep – it just didn’t work last night and now it won’t charge or show any type of light, so it must have fried or died sometime yesterday- back to waiting another month for them to send me another one, at which point i just want them to refund me bc what’s the point.  i’ve been trying to resuscitate the thing all morning with no luck.

larissakay :  yeah i’m cd10 and normally don’t o until CD17, so i’m going to just ignore the ava temps and move forward with oral temping.  I was doing both until ava seemed reliable and then whoops nope, epic fail.  

Post # 563
1078 posts
Bumble bee

And the Ava people said they can’t even email me back for 3 BUSINESS days, let alone engage in any customer service before then…which is at or past O date, andthen the shipment will take 3 weeks again bc they are backordered.  I’m going to ask them for my money back.  

Post # 564
841 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

jouissance :  when you plug it in do you get any lights (red, blue or green?)

Post # 565
1078 posts
Bumble bee

anev :  nothing.  total brick.  

Post # 566
2888 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

jouissance :  Oh no! I’m curious if you’ve tried looking for the lights when it’s dark in your room because they’re very faint and hard to see sometimes if it’s bright. It sounds like you’ve seen it work before though. I don’t want to jinx myself but I haven’t had a single issue with my bracelet or the app, thankfully. It’s not inexpensive so it surprises me to see so many issues with it ๐Ÿ™ I hope you’re able to temp in the meantime and get the problem resolved quickly! 

minimalistoverplanner :  Ava has worked perfectly for me these past 2 cycles. I’m now on cycle 3 with Ava but it’s only our second cycle TTC. I mainly bought mine because I didn’t trust myself to temp at the same time every morning, but it’s nice to know that it looks at other parameters to pinpoint ovulation so we can be more strategic each month. I bought mine after joining a couple of Ava’s Facebook groups. You see the good and the bad there (BFPs and technical issues) and thankfully, I haven’t had any issues  thus far. 

Post # 567
1078 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  I have- the phone doesn’t recognize ava anymore either…its just completely toast.  it also doesn’t show a light when i plug it in.  Such a shame ๐Ÿ™

Post # 568
2277 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

areyouthebride :  I wouldn’t be able to wait that long either!!!! ๐Ÿ˜

Post # 569
2277 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

jouissance :  Edited. I just read back and saw you messaged Ava support already. I’m sorry. It’s not cheap! 

Post # 570
1078 posts
Bumble bee

LOL and I tried to ask on their fb page and they censored my comments.  OMG.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors