August 2018 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 827
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
MrsFairyBee :  I did have symptons but I thought I was just over-analyzing. My boobs have been killing me and I never get any breast pain so I thought/hoped it was a different cycle for me but I also figured maybe it was the heat. I have also had period like cramps since like 5 dpo but again I thought I was crazy and they had been getting more uncomfortable so I just figured AF was on its way.

On Sunday night/ early Monday morning I think it was like 4/5 am, and I woke up in a jolt. It felt like I had an air plane seatbelt on and it was pulled super tight and then snapped (I’ve never felt this before). I figured this was a bad sign and told my mom about it when we went out for lunch that day. Later she said she googled it and it could be a good sign like implantation but I figured she was wrong because I knew I ovulated probably late in the day on Aug 13/ early on the 14th and figure implantation would have happened already if it was going to (that day was Monday was the 27th).

Last night I got super emotional when an old dress of mine that I tried on didn’t fit properly and I usually have really good self-esteem but I just felt mopy/emotional. Then today I have been feeling so uncomfortable I figured I’d take the test, see a negative and then know I was going to get my period but it was positive!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I want to do a million tests like on the Mindy show to make sure it is real lol. Darling Husband and I just went to the grocery store and I got a clear blue test that I will do tomorrow with fmu. The test I did today that I posted was done at 2 in the afternoon! I still canot believe my eyes I am beyond excited 🙂

Post # 828
174 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
redheadbride2016 :  Congratulations! We ovulated on exactly the same day (I also think it was either late on 13th or early on the 14th) and I tested super early and got my BFP on Friday 24th. My internet cheapie looks exactly like yours now, so I think you will have implanted several days ago (rather than on the 27th). Apparently it takes 3 – 4 days after implantation for a test to turn positive. Here’s mine from today for you to compare against (also an afternoon test) and also my Clearblue from this morning.

I am so relieved to hear you have period type cramps too. I have been really panicking (I have had a CP before) as I’ve been getting bad cramps and technically my period isn’t missed until tomorrow. I’ve red that it is pretty normal, but still nice to hear someone is in exactly the same boat. Congrats again! Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Post # 829
109 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
splishsplash :  WOW that is so cool that we have the same dates! This is only my second month trying so this is my first ever positive and I am so excited. Darling Husband wanted to tell my mom and his parents today but I am going to try and get him to hold off for as long as I can. When do you plan to tell others?

Post # 830
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

thought i shouldn’t ghost completely. got my bfp at 10dpo today I’m a 2 hour hold after coming home from a cottage trip. this is cycle 10 and I have had two mc in those ten months. keep everything crossed for me! 

Post # 831
109 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
splishsplash :  You inspired me to take a fancy test so when we were out tonight I picked these up and they’re positive too!

Post # 832
550 posts
Busy bee

Congrats on all the BFP! Great way to end the month

Post # 833
1152 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Congrats ladies.  AFM, temp dipped and just waiting for AF at this time.  I know my tests are going to be negative and I also know that I‘m just mimicking past cycles waiting for fertility treatments for secondary infertility.  Idk why I just had a bad feeling about everything this year. 

I really hope that I can enjoy at least some of my anniversary vacation, but really, not that interested in going anymore.  

Post # 835
3952 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

I was hoping that some of the BFP magic in this thread would rub off on me but I’m having serious doubts. I caved and tested today with FMU and got a stark white negative. At 11DPO, I know that there’s still a chance but I’d rather not get my hopes up. I’ve had on and off aching in my lower back since Sunday but sometimes I get that when my period is on its way. My temps have been driving me crazy going back and forth. So I’m just kinda feeling defeated and expecting my period to show up any day now. Just throwing a little pity party here because my husband is having a rough time right now and I don’t want to bring him down. Now I’m off to teach my first collegiate course! 

Post # 837
2658 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  I wondered if you’d POAS today, I’m sorry it didn’t turn out how you wanted. I seriously hope things turn around for you tomorrow! 

View original reply
jouissance :  I’m sorry you’re down too and for your temp drop (from Sept. POAS board). Temp drops are so deflating!

I’m not feeling any to hopeful today myself at 9DPO. I woke at 4 a.m., tried to fall back asleep, woke and decided to temp at 5:17 a.m. (97.94), tried to sleep, then woke and temped again at my regular time at 6:30 (98.34). I know the first temp, even though early, is probably more accurate but my heart wants the high second temp! Sigh. We’ll see what tomorrow and Friday bring.

Post # 838
3952 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

larissakay  MrsFairyBee  Thanks, ladies. My class went well so that helped some, but I feel like I just went through my period (it was miserable last time) so I’m kinda bummed that CD1 feels like it’s about to strike again. But then there’s wine. Wine is good. As you can tell, my emotions are all over the place! lol 

Post # 839
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
redheadbride2016 :  that’s a beautiful bfp, congrats!!

as for me, 14 dpo with no AF yet, but got a stark white BFN yesterday. Temps are still high but I’ve been sleeping terribly so I don’t know how accurate they are. Ugh. I’m feeling like I’m out and just want AF to arrive ASAP so I can move on to the next cycle.

Post # 840
1152 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Any Ava users successfully use it while traveling into another time zone (6 hrs+) and back? I’m debating whether to bother with it or if it’ll just be so wacky there’s no point…I’ll be there a week so maybe i’ll get used to the jetlag in that time?   I posted this in a separate post but the first answer was a little snotty so I decided to delete it.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors