August 2019 babies!

posted 2 weeks ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What week of August are you due?
    First week of August (1st-3rd) : (5 votes)
    29 %
    Second week of August (4th-10th) : (4 votes)
    24 %
    Third week of August (11th-17th) : (5 votes)
    29 %
    Fourth week of August (18th-24th) : (2 votes)
    12 %
    Fifth week of August (25th-31st) : (1 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    289 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4 weeks 3 days 

What is your estimated due date? 8/2

What baby # is this? 3! I have a 3 year old and 16 month old 

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Super squinter on Thanksgiving day at 9 dpo

Who have you told? A few friends 

When do you plan on telling more people? Hoping to tell our families on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day unless my symptoms get obvious before then 

How did you tell your partner? I made a scavenger hunt for my son and left some Christmas books at the end. I had also written a card to my husband with the news! He helped my son with the scavenger hunt and found his card at the end too. 

Any symptoms yet? Not really, a bit of bloating 

What are you most excited about? Feeling the baby moving in my belly (the best!), newborn snuggles (ok actually this is the best!)

When is your first appt? 1/7

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Not this time! We found out with our first two, but since we have a boy and a girl we want to be surprised this time 

What part of the world are you living in? Texas 

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? I work part-time, but I’ll take 12-ish weeks off after the baby is born 

Excited to meet everyone! 

Post # 4
    619 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4w3d or so

What is your estimated due date? 8/5 by conception date, 7/31 by last period

What baby # is this? 3 (!) we have a 2.5 yr old and a 12 month old. I’m scared.

How many cycles trying? Well, we weren’t really trying….lol. I’m still coming to terms with it/freaking out a little since we weren’t planning to ttc for #3 for another year.

When did you get your BFP? 11/25, the Sunday after being out of town for Thanksgiving (where we told everyone we wouldn’t be having another kid for awhile! Haha)

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP? N/A

Who have you told? My husband and parents

When do you plan on telling more people? We’ll tell immediate family around 8 wks at Christmas. Friends at 12 wks. Social media….maybe 20-24?

How did you tell your partner? I called him into the bathroom- he knew something was up since my voice was a bit shrill/frantic

Any symptoms yet? Lots of gas! Lol, that was my indication I needed to test. And my sinuses have started up, per usual!

What are you most excited about? The baby kicks and the whole labor/delivery process. I love those first hours with the new baby and all the excitement of delivery. And seeing my other two munchkins hold the baby!

When is your first appt? 12/13 since my dr will be traveling for Christmas. Hoping to get it pushed to the next week though since I’ll only be a little over 6 weeks then.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Team green this time! We found out for our daughter and son so feel we’re prepared for either!

What part of the world are you living in? Southern California 

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? About 8 weeks. I’ll then work from home full time with the baby until it impacts my productivity, which is when we’ll start daycare. 

Post # 5
    341 posts
    Helper bee

Hi bees!!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4wks and 4 days

What is your estimated due date? Aug 4th

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying?  1 

When did you get your BFP? 10d dpo

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP?   We used opk, and pre seed 

Who have you told?  My bff and my husband 

When do you plan on telling more people?  Parents and dh parents on Xmas eve. 

How did you tell your partner?  Bought him a packer onesie and made him open it. (His packer jersey came and I wrapped it so he opened that first and then I said I had a small something extra)  he was really surprised since we thought we missed it this month.

Any symptoms yet?  Nada.  

What are you most excited about?  Just getting excited in general. Doesn’t feel real now and honestly I’m fearing a miscarriage since it’s still so early.  I never had a strong urge for kids so I hope that kicks in!

When is your first appt?  Dec 26th

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender?  Yes 

What part of the world are you living in? Midwest 

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? 12  I work for an insurance firm and have 8wks  leave at 100% paid, then will take another 4 for short term disability. I did consider going back part time and stretching my leave out…. we will see

Post # 6
    127 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Hi ladies! I’m so excited to join you guys!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4 weeks 5 days

What is your estimated due date? August tth

What baby # is this? 2nd, my son turns 2 December 22nd!

When did you get your BFP? got a very faint positive at 9 dpo the day before Thanksgiving

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP? stopped preventing!

Who have you told? My husband, my mom while she was in town for Thanksgiving. Two friends who knew we would be trying soon.. it kindof gave it away when I wasn’t drinking at dinner 

When do you plan on telling more people? We will tell my dad and step mom next week and my siblings and husbands family at Christmas!

How did you tell your partner? I had planned to do something cute but I couldn’t think of anything that wouldn’t require a lot of effort with everything being closed on Thanksgiving so I just showed him the test 

Any symptoms yet? headaches, sore boobs and lots of bloat.. holy cow im so bloated! probably doesn’t help that I ate horribly at Thanksgiving 

What are you most excited about? Seeing my son with a sibling. Having another baby in the house

When is your first appt? December 20th.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Yes, I am too much of a planner. We have held onto lots of Caleb’s clothes so if its another boy we will keep it and if its a girl we will probably donate. 

What part of the world are you living in? Texas.. terrified of being huge in the summer here! 

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? I had 8 weeks with my first so hoping for the same this time around. 

Post # 7
    127 posts
    Blushing bee

I think I lost my first reply.. but I’m so excited to join you ladies!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4 weeks 5 days

What is your estimated due date? August 4th

What baby # is this? 2, my son is turning two in late December

When did you get your BFP? got a very faint line at 9 dpo the day before Thanksgiving 

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP? stopped preventing!

Who have you told? My husband, mom while she was in town for Thanksgiving and two friends who knew we would be trying soon. My cover is blown as soon as anyone offers me a drink lol

When do you plan on telling more people? We will tell my dad and step mom next week and my siblings and husbands family at Christmas!

How did you tell your partner? I had planned to do something cute but couldn’t think of anything and most of the stores were closed for Thanksgiving. I ended up just showing him the test. 

Any symptoms yet? Headaches, sore boobs and so much bloat. Probably didnt help that I ate horribly around Thanksgiving though

What are you most excited about? having another baby and seeing my son with a sibling

When is your first appt? December 20th!

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Yes. I am a planner so I have to know. We also kept the majority of things we accumulated with Caleb so if its a boy we will keep the clothes but if its a girl we will probably donate.

What part of the world are you living in? Texas.. I am terrified to be 9 months pregnant in the middle of the summer. I already dread the summer here as it is.

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? I had 8 weeks off with my son so I’m hoping for the same this time around if not longer 🙂

Post # 7
    115 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2018

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4 weeks 6 days.

What is your estimated due date? 3 Aug 2019. 

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying?  1 – we were going to start trying in December so that I would be at my new job for a full year before having to take leave, but I got nervous that it would take a long time… Nope. We got really, really lucky. My husband says that this confirms everything his junior high sex-ed class taught him!

When did you get your BFP? 12 DPO. I didn’t feel pregnant at all but wanted to test before a Christmas party.

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP? First cycle!

Who have you told?  Just my husband and our parents.

When do you plan on telling more people?  Immediate families and my best friend at Christmas (she lives out of town so this will be the only chance to tell her in person). Close friends around New Years, everyone else mid-January.  

How did you tell your partner? “Holy shit, Darling Husband, look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!” as I come running from the bathroom with the test.

Any symptoms yet?  I’m tired earlier than usual and am having really vivid dreams. Otherwise I feel fine to the point where I’m worried that I’m not actually pregnant.  

What are you most excited about? It’s still a bit surreal. I’ve been ready to start a family for a while but our circumstances have never been stable enough. We’re excited for everything. My husband wasn’t sure he wanted kids at all when we started dating, so to hear him tell me how excited and happy he is is pretty awesome too.

When is your first appt?  18 December.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender?  Yes.

What part of the world are you living in? Canada.

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? I technically have up to 18 months off, but my leave isn’t topped up by my employer so I’d only get the employment insurance. My husband’s parental leave is topped up, so we will probably split 12 months 50/50 to ease the financial burden and give him bonding time with the baby.

Post # 8
    619 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

jbbird :  YAY I’m so excited to experience the crazy of 3 kids alongside you!!

Post # 8
    2519 posts
    Sugar bee

MissB15 :  @MissB15 I just wanted to point out you have identifying info in your post. Not sure if you can still edit to remove..?

Post # 9
    115 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2018

I think I accidentally deleted my post when I tried to fix my spelling…. Lesson learned! 

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4 weeks 6 days.

What is your estimated due date? 3 August.

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? First! We were going to start trying in December so that I could be at my new job a full year before needing to take a leave, but I got nervous that we would be slow to conceive. Instead we got really lucky and confirmed everything that my husband’s junior high sex-ed class taught him about it only taking once!

When did you get your BFP? 12 DPO, 22 Nov. 

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP? Like PP, stopped preventing!

Who have you told? Just my husband and our parents, who have all said that they’re having a hard time keeping the secret. 

When do you plan on telling more people? We will tell immediate family and my best friend (who lives out of town) at Christmas, in person. Close friends as we see them after New Years, and work in mid-January.

How did you tell your partner? “Holy shit Darling Husband, look at this!!!!!!” with the test in hand as I came running from the washroom. I didn’t think I was pregnant but he claims he had a feeling.

Any symptoms yet? Not really. I’m tired earlier than usual and am having really vivid dreams, but otherwise feel fine and am slightly anxious about not actually being pregnant/miscarrying.

What are you most excited about? Everything! Especially since my husband wasn’t sure if he wanted kids when we first started dating. Seeing his excitement and happiness now is so special.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Yes. I was on the fence but he really wants to.

What part of the world are you living in? Canada.

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? We will probably split 12 months of parental leave 50/50. His employer tops up his salary, so it makes sense financially for him to take some time, plus my friends who had dads spend time at home with them when they were little all say that they are so glad to have had that time.

Post # 10
    127 posts
    Blushing bee

duchessgummybunns :  ugh no it wont let me edit it anymore.. do you know if/how i can delete and start over?

Post # 11
    2519 posts
    Sugar bee

MissB15 :  Contact one of the mods and see if they can’t edit it out for you? I know @DrAtkins was just made an admin.

Post # 13
    341 posts
    Helper bee

Bees is anyone else spotting??  I have been for about 5days.  Mostly dark brown and very light, but this morning it was more of a burnt reddish color which concerned me.  Still light.   I may call the doc on mon to chat.   

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors