August 2019 babies!

posted 8 months ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What week of August are you due?
    First week of August (1st-3rd) : (7 votes)
    18 %
    Second week of August (4th-10th) : (7 votes)
    18 %
    Third week of August (11th-17th) : (6 votes)
    15 %
    Fourth week of August (18th-24th) : (9 votes)
    23 %
    Fifth week of August (25th-31st) : (10 votes)
    26 %
  • Post # 45
    149 posts
    Blushing bee

Ctobin :  6 weeks is crazy! I thought my 4 months was bad, that’s 1 month before and 3 months after.

Post # 46
    147 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

sweetmama :  right?! and only 60% pay…how do they expect people to be able to swing it?

Post # 47
    149 posts
    Blushing bee

Ctobin :  How do they expect you to bond with your baby. Family values have truly gone out the window. 

Post # 48
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Ctobin :  We don’t get ANY paid maternity leave aside from short term disability through the state. So I think that’s pretty good!! I’ll be returning to work full time at 8 weeks, though luckily i have a lot of flexibility and can work from home with the babe until I can’t manage it anymore!

Post # 49
    192 posts
    Blushing bee

Hello All! Happy to be here 🙂 Hope everyone is feeling well so far!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  3 Weeks 6 Days

What is your estimated due date? Aug 15th, 2019

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 3 

When did you get your BFP? Sunday 12/2, 10DPO 

Anything different you tried the cycle you got a BFP? Only used FF as opposed to FF & Glow. FF was more accurate for me

Who have you told? My husband and my 2 best friends

When do you plan on telling more people? Immidiate family will all be told by Christmas. Close friends probably New Years…otherwise, haven’t given much thought about going totally in public about it.

How did you tell your partner? I held it in for 24 hours, which was not easy. I went and got a book “Big Sisters are the Best”. I gave it to our 2.5 year old daughter to give to my husband when he walked in the door from work. It was really cute and I got it on video.  With our daughter, I nervously walked into our bedroom saying “I think I am pregnant” and really wanted to do something better this time.

Any symptoms yet? Random bits of increased hunger/nausea, heightened sense of smell. I had some dark brown/pink spotting this morning. Trying not to freak out about it.

What are you most excited about? Honestly, we are pretty nervous about having 2 bc my husband is likely going to be going away for government training for 5 months next year and could miss this birth. Aside from our nerves, I think I am most excited to see our daughter with a sibling. That and feeling kicks again!

When is your first appt? Dec 28th

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? OH YES

What part of the world are you living in? NJ, USA

How long will you get to stay at home (SAHM, Mat leave, etc.)? We get 16 weeks maternity leave. My dream is to be a Stay-At-Home Mom, but that is not happening anytime soon, unfortunately. 

Post # 50
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

please message me your email addresses if you would like to be added to the facebook group! also if you dont mind being an admin let me know as well 🙂

Post # 51
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2018

I woke up to more brown discharge and a complete absence of symptoms – boobs are fine, no dreaming last night and I’m not ‘hit by a truck’ tired. My doctor sent me for blood work (today) and an ultrasound (tomorrow morning) but she looked worried and I don’t feel great about this. 

Post # 52
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

mem7 :  I’m sorry. 🙁 Fingers are crossed for good news.

Post # 53
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

Haven’t had many symptoms really – some vivid dreams but that’s about it. My symptoms (sore boobs and nausea) with my son started 5w4d (which I’m 5w4d today) and with my daughter at 6w1d. I may go buy another FRER and/or weeks estimator test just to see if it’s still dark or reading 3+. A bit anxious about it so not sure if I should test again or not. I haven’t had any spotting or cramping, but like everyone else of course I worry about a mmc. 

Post # 54
    426 posts
    Helper bee

mem7 :  oh man, thinking of you!!! Fingers crossed

Post # 55
    128 posts
    Blushing bee

So i have been trying to set up this facebook group but its saying I have to add friends.. does anyone know how to set up a secret group without adding everyone as a friend?

Post # 56
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

MissB15 :  it won’t let you invite via email? 

Post # 57
    147 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

MissB15 :  

can you set it up then post the link so people can request to join? Not sure if that’ll work but maybe worth a try?

Post # 58
    128 posts
    Blushing bee

It’s telling me I have to add at least one “friend” to create the group. I did a search and found that people recommend starting it as a “closed group” then changing it to secret but that didn’t work either. I can’t remember if I friended the person who started the other mom group I’m in..

Post # 59
    149 posts
    Blushing bee

sunshine809 :  Yeah, work doesn’t pay for my maternity leave either, just a small stipend from the state. It really sucks. I wish I could be a Stay-At-Home Mom at least for the first year but unfortunately we cannot afford that right now. 

mem7 :  Fingers and toes crossed that everything is okay! 🌸

jbbird :  I know they say all pregnancies are different, even for the same women, if you feel that it would ease your mind to test again, perhaps you should do that. 

I’m going to the gynae today to check that the baby has implanted in the right place and will hopefully get an estimate of how far along I really am. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors