AUGUST 2019 POAS Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 151
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
anev :  it is done, it wasn’t bad at all. I have a d&c too so I’m bleeding a bit but otherwise fine. They got 10 eggs. Now we just wait and hope. Keep us updated about your egg collection!

Post # 154
2691 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
BeepBopB00p :  awwww I’m so sorry. Infertility blows. Hoping your RE is willing to try something to help things along. Keep us updated! 

Post # 155
2691 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mrsstephjbee :  
View original reply
anev :  eeeeeee! Can’t wait to hear updates ladies! 

Post # 156
139 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
anev :  wow you got SO many that is amazing! I’ve never heard of such success with such a low dose of sims. You must be thrilled ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I had my first report, of my 10 9 were mature and 7 have fertilized. They said they will continue to check on the 2 but they don’t think there will be any change. Physically I’m feeling good, emotionally very anxious we could end up with none ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  thank you, I’ll keep updating here in case anyone is interested!

Post # 157
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
mrsstephjbee :  if it makes you feel any better we only ended up with 6 fertilized and I was a mess- convinced we wouldn’t have any. We ended up with 4 good quality blasts. I’ll be thinking of you, the week after ER was the worst part of ivf for me.

Post # 158
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
anev :  yay! Can’t wait for your report tomorrow!

Post # 159
656 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  BFN, so business as usual. Fingers crossed for your results!!

Post # 162
139 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
anev :  Yes freeze all. Next update will be tomorrow morning. Very anxious, I know the statistics aren’t great so I was hoping for more. 

Post # 163
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Wedgewood Las Vegas

Well I’m out and basically done for now with TTC.

I didn’t respond to the last round of medicines, and I’ve reached the maximum dosages that are safely allowed for both Letrozole and Clomid. I’ve responded once during the 8 or so medicated rounds we’ve tried, but never again even with increases. 

My RE wants me to take a break and focus on weight loss. undecided This may or may not help my ‘resistant ovaries’. My gut says it won’t, as I stopped ovulating when I was 14ish and was much lighter and more active. However, I’ll play nice and honestly try to lose some weight over the next 5 or 6 months.

After that it looks like I’ll be seriously pursuing IVF.  At this point, lowering my BMI for IVF is my main goal.

Post # 165
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Wedgewood Las Vegas

View original reply
anev :  My RE isn’t necessarily blaming my weight. However, there is evidence that higher weights require higher dosages of these medicines. She wants to see if a moderate weight loss may help me respond to the meds. I see her point, but it also makes me feel horrible since I think a skinnier patient would have been started  down the path of IVF or other options, rather than being asked to lose weight.

Otherwise, this clinic is the best in the area, and I really don’t want to change. She seems to understand my challenges of PCOS and no thyroid. She was willing to give me one more dose to try, but we elected not to since I haven’t responded to the last two. It seemed like it would be a waste of time and money since nothing would have really changed.

I’m just frustrated that my body is not responding like it should, and that I have to spend the next few months feeling like I’m missing chances and wasting time. Through this I get to also deal with my insecurities about my weight, and the fact that for the first time in my life I’ve been referred to a ‘weight management’ doctor.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors