AUGUST 2019 POAS Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 106
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Wedgewood Las Vegas

Turns out I didn’t ovulate or respond at all to the last round of meds. I had an ultrasound confirm this on August 1st. My RE upped my dosage again, and I started taking the letrozole and clomid again last week. I go back for another ultrasound on August 15th to see if I responded or not.

I admit, it’s really starting to get to me. I’ve only responded ONCE in the 7-8 medicated cycles I’ve had so far. At this point, I’m nearly maxed out on the dosages too, so now my RE is playing with the length of time I’ll take the medicines. I think in my gut we will have to do IVF. My RE doesn’t think we’re there yet, but it also doesn’t sound like there are a whole lotta options out there anymore.

I’ll let you know what my ‘new’ test date will be if I ovulate this time.

Post # 108
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

steny03 :  So sorry, I know how frustrating it can be when you have no explanation of why your body isn’t responding how it should.

I had my first follicle scan this morning, I had 13 13mm follicles, some small ones too. I am going back on Friday for another scan but collection should be on Monday the 19th. I have watched a lot of youtube videos where they have 18+ follicles so I was a little worried, but my doctor said he doesn’t want my “ovaries going crazy”. I don’t know though, 200iu of Pergoveris seem like a lot of stimulation to me.

Post # 110
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Wedgewood Las Vegas

anev :  My RE said it is unfortunately common to have a response once to a dose, and then not respond to the same dose the next time. We do use a trigger shot of Ovidrel if my scans show that I’m developing follicles. Could be my weight (heavier women may need more of the meds), or it could just be my body is just not going to respond. She has seen cases where only one ovary responds to the medications. This round should be the ovary that responded last time, so I’m hoping.

Post # 111
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

anev :  That does seem really low! Did you have many follicles? Maybe you’re very sensitive to stimulation? My ovaries are uncomfortable today for sure. I hope I don’t have to do this again. I really hate it. Also I run for fun and stress relief and haven’t been allowed. Really feeling GROSS.

Post # 113
3854 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Well, I have literally no self control. I am 9 DPO and I woke up this morning with an overwhelming urge to POAS. Aaaaaand here is my super squinter? Or a control line? Or maybe I am crazy? What do you guys think? I didn’t have to put this one under the light to see the second line on this. I also took it apart and it passed the light test, but maybe it’s still an aggressive indent line? 

Post # 114
3854 posts
Honey bee

Sorry to spam the board, but I am freaking out. I tweaked it and finagled some of the settings of the photo to try and darken the line and it did. Just to make sure I wasn’t crazy, I did the same to a photo of the test I took last month that had the evap line and you couldn’t see a second line on that one!

Post # 115
260 posts
Helper bee

MrsMeowton :  Test again tomorrow but it looks like a positive – I see it on the undoctored photo. Congrats!!! 

Post # 116
3854 posts
Honey bee

heartandstars :  Thank you! I am definitely testing tomorrow! Praying the line gets darker!

Post # 117
2626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

EllyAnne :  Oh my goodness! My brother in law had that a few years ago and honestly it was terrible. He thought he was nuts too, and coming down with something but couldn’t figure it out. My sister and I (both nurses) pushed for him to go in and get tested for Lymes….he did much better after antibiotics and I believe they put him on steroids too for a short time. Hoping you start to feel better soon. 

BeepBopB00p :  That’s good timing still!!!!!!! They say EOD is just as good. 

Post # 118
2626 posts
Sugar bee

MrsMeowton :  Test again tomorrow! I was just going to say to plug your temps into Fertility Friend app, as it is so much easier to read. 

Post # 119
2626 posts
Sugar bee

anev :  Such a great number to have developing. Hopefully you have quite a few eggs retrieved when that date comes! 

Post # 120
3854 posts
Honey bee

So, a bit of a mixed bag update. I am 10 DPO (days past ovulation)today and woke up at 4:30 AM and could not fall back asleep, so I got up and took a test with FMU (but, to be fair, I got up to pee around 11:30 last night). 

I took three tests (at this point, I have an arsenal of them): Clearblue blue dye test, FRER, and a cheapie Dollar Tree test. 

The Clearblue was a stark negative.

My FRER and Dollar Tree tests are in the pictures below. Same very faint line on the FRER and then just the *ghost* of a second line on the Dollar Tree test (which I’ve never seen before) that is barely showing up, but both my husband and I saw it. I actually feel a little silly because it shows up darker in person, but on the screen not so much, so if you don’t see it, I don’t fault you haha.  

For my own sanity, I am going to hold off on testing until Friday at the earliest (which was my original test date and the one I wish I had stuck to). 

If I’m being honest, I am not feeling very confident about this. Time will tell either way! I have attached the pictures of my Dollar Tree and FRER tests with and without the picture darkened to highlight the lines. All pics were taken within the 3 – 5 min threshold. (Also, I know you aren’t supposed to remove tests from their cases, but I could not tell if it was a shadow or the hint of a line on the Dollar Tree test and it turned out to be the hint of a line, so shame on me, I know, but worth it haha.)

I also attached a screenshot of my FF chart and my temps are going up, so we shall see. (Apologies if the photos are huge.)

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors