ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:  27/32

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD1

Ovulation Date: ~August 2

POAS Date: August 16

Usual Cycle Length: 32-34

Cycles Trying: 3rd cycle 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, OPKs, prenatals 

Trying anything new this month? Clearblue digital OPKs

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? My pool πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Thanks for starting an August thread!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/33

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD11 

Ovulation Date:  Not 100% sure b/c I had a chemical pregnancy earlier this month…I think it’ll be around 7/24

POAS Date: Hmm…let’s say 8/5

Usual Cycle Length: Used to be 28/29 days, post-baby it’s been 31 

Cycles Trying: First cycle actively trying; last month we were NTNP 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Timing, charting, prenatals…debating whether I want to drop $$ on Preseed and Mucinex, which I used last time I got pregnant.  Even though it didn’t stick, I did get pregnant last cycle without using any of my tricks from last time.  If I don’t get pregnant this go around, I’m sure I’ll be back to mucinex, B vitamins, etc.  

Trying anything new this month? We’re going to attempt to BD every other day during my fertile window so that we don’t have to think too hard about timing. 

Link to your chart if charting: I’ll post a pic of it later, when I’m inevitably trying to figure out which day I O’d.

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? When I was a kid, Myrtle Beach (mini golf and warm water!).  These days I really look forward to our trip to Cape Cod every summer.

Post # 6
1539 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

ROLL CALL: Ah I’m so excited I can finally participate in one of these threads!!!

Your age/partner’s age: 26/28

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD13

Ovulation Date: July 22

POAS Date: August 1 (not sure what we’re supposed to put for this, but August 1 will be 10DPO so I think it’ll be a good time to test!)

Usual Cycle Length: 33 days

Cycles Trying: This is our first πŸ™‚ 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Trying to BD once a day between CD14-CD24 (I know, we’re ambitious LOL, but I promised d.h that if we were TTC it would be a ton of fun BDing so πŸ˜‚), taking pre-natals and omega 3s, eating healthy and walking a lot, drinking full fat milk, using OPK and CM to track O (starting off with no temping, but if it doesn’t happen this cycle then I will start).

Trying anything new this month? It’s all new since this is our first month ever TTC! And…sorry for Too Much Information…but it’s the first time he’s ever finished inside of me lol. Always pulled out even when I was on the BCP before we were married. Since being married 2 years ago, I went off the BCP but we used pull out for birth control. So it’s a whole new world haha!! I still don’t know how to stop the semen from dripping out for hours afterwards πŸ˜‚

Link to your chart if charting: Not charting yet!

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? We live in British Columbia, so I love taking weekend trips to Whistler or to the Okanagan (aka wine country!!).

Post # 7
250 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/35

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD6

Ovulation Date: ~July 24

POAS Date: ~August 8

Usual Cycle Length: 27-30 days

Cycles Trying: 9

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, charting, OPK’s

Trying anything new this month? We’re going to try BD’ing more throughout the month rather than just focussing on my fertile window. I’ve also finally gotten into the habit of charting every day so I’m looking forward to having that data to confirm O.

Link to your chart if charting: 

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? I love spending time in the mountains hiking and camping.

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 8
250 posts
Helper bee

sassybeee :  Welcome! How exciting that you’re on your first month TTC! For the POAS date, it’s really up to you. 10dpo is about the earliest you might see a positive; a lot of people like testing from that date onwards until AF or a BFP. Others (like me) prefer to wait until the expected day of AF or later, to save $ on tests and heartbreak from BFN’s, as well as to get a more certain result.

Post # 9
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - York, ME

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/34

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD11

Ovulation Date: July 23rd

POAS Date: August 2nd

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: This is #3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPKs, BD timing, Preseed, folic acid

Trying anything new this month? Preseed 

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? We love Aspen, CO! It’s only an hour drive for us and so much fun.

Post # 10
1539 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

rosabelle :  Thanks for the welcome! And good to know! I bought a big box of cheapies for now, cause I feel like it will be hard to wait! But I also know that they’re less sensitive so I should probably wait until the expected day of AF πŸ™ˆ this is why I have you guys, to help get me through the TWW once it comes!

Post # 11
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

sassybeee :  I have absolutely no self control when it comes to POAS.  With my first baby, I got a BFP at 8 or 9dpo, and I had been testing, no joke, since 5dpo.  I said 8/5 is my test date, but I can almost guarantee I will be testing before that, like a crazy person. 

Post # 12
250 posts
Helper bee

sassybeee :   n00bee :  I’ve gone through phases of testing obsessively and other times where I don’t even want to look at a test. I haven’t really found one way to be less stressful than the other, so I think whatever works for you is good! 

Post # 13
5192 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2017

I can’t believe August is just about here!! We might hold off until my September 1st estimated ovulation date but we might do the cycle before that

Your age/partner’s age: 34/43

Baby #: 2, #3 for him

Current Cycle Day/DPO: N/A, I’m tracking my cycle but we won’t be trying until next month

Ovulation Date: August 4th, might hold off until September 1st though. I’m just excited to be a part of these threads, we’ve been talking about ttc number two for so long!

POAS Date: I had a faint bfp at 9dpo with our daughter so 8/13 or 9/10

Usual Cycle Length: 28

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I’ve been doing ovulation tests during my fertile window to see if the tests line up with my calendar, ie a positive test the day before the calendar says I will ovulate. If we don’t get pregnant after a few tries I will probably start temping. 

Trying anything new this month? Going to start my prenatals. My dr and I also decreased my medication with the goal of going off of it when I get a positive pregnancy test. The pregnancy hormones were really good for my anxiety so we are going to try and see how I do without them

Post # 14
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Wedgewood Tower Club

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 15/7 DPO (approximately)

Ovulation Date: FF has me marked as the 4-6 of August, Premom and P Tracker have it dead set on the 4th, so some time in that frame!

POAS Date: Approximately 8/18

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days, but stress has made it variable in the past. Finally starting to level out after graduating from grad school, closing on our house, and removing my IUD!

Cycles Trying: This is our very first one!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, temping, charting, Preseed, two forms of ovulation testing (daily on Clear Blue Advanced Digital and twice daily on the Easy @ Home tests).

Trying anything new this month? Trying at all is new – super weird after years spent preventing!

Link to your chart if charting: Couldn’t get the link to work, but I’ve posted a screengrab here. Temps have been all over the place since picking up a summer bug from one of the kiddos at work. :/

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? Tahiti! We went last year for our belated honeymoon, and can’t wait to go back in a couple years. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors