August 2019 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 241
5964 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Rollcalling, because we hit my FW for the 5th time NTNP.  I already roll called for September when we really start TTC.  It took me 9 cycles to get our BFP last time, so we’ve been fairly casual so we don’t get stressed out so soon.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/33

Baby #: 2, plus a stepson

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD12

Ovulation Date: Today (8/12)?  Idk, my temps have been weird the past couple cycles.  I just started OPKs last cycle, and I didn’t get a temp rise within two days of my positive last cycle, and today is two days after my positive… so hopefully I get a temp rise tomorrow.  My temps in the summer also seem to be weird, because they’re just higher than normal.

POAS Date: 8/25 – I want to hold out as long as possible.

Usual Cycle Length: 26 days, although this one is looking to be 24 or 25.

Cycles Trying: 5th NTNP and hitting my FW

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): No “plan” right now.  I’ve been temping since I got my cycle back in February at 10.5 months postpartum.  I’ve stayed on prenatals since we knew we wanted to TTC shortly after I was done nursing.  Darling Husband has been lightly taking some Fertilaid, but is planning to kick it up.  I also start OPKs last cycle to hopefully get an idea of when my LH surge is compared to my temp rise.

Trying anything new this month? Darling Husband is trying some new medication for himself.  He has clinical anxiety.  This weekend was his first time trying it, and it helped with some of the sexual side effects of his anxiety meds.

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SeaOfLove

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? We don’t have a regular summer vacation spot.  We’ve been dying to go back to Maine, where we got married.  Every summer, it seems like a great idea, but something comes up.  Unfortunately, if we get pregnant quickly (FX!), it won’t be in the cards for next summer either.  We always try to plan a day trip with the kids to a state park!  That’s always an adventure πŸ˜‰  

Post # 242
2101 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I POAS Saturday and again today, and negative both times. Kind of a relief! My baby is 10 months old and we are eager to have another (we’re both old) but I don’t know that we are *truly* ready lol. Plus I need to lose some more baby weight still :/ 

Post # 243
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

mel2 :  SO CLEAR! CONGRATULATIONS!! 

MrsBrew :  good luck! I think I missed my positive OPK, which I think would have been friday, it’s my birthday today and yesterday I had ovulation pain, and EWCM so I reckon I’ve ovilated or just about too! Last bd’d early hours of sunday morning so will get to it this evening too! Fingers crossed for us both!

Post # 244
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

<u>SeaOfLove :</u>  Thank you! Super excited!

jemmlove12 :  Thanks, lots of baby dust to you!

Post # 245
1569 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mel2 :  huge congrats to you!!!! Yay!

Post # 246
1569 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Guys I just realized, our anniversary is August 19 and my birthday is August 25 and my FW falls right between the two of them! I think that seems like pretty good luck for this cycle πŸ™‚ just a week until it begins! Seeing all of these BFP posts gives me hope!

Post # 247
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

sassybeee :  Thank you!! That does sound like great timing! My bday is the 22nd so we are just a few days apart. Keep us posted πŸ™‚

Post # 248
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@hopfen congratulations, that is so exciting!

Post # 249
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

sassybeee :  that’s so funny, my clue app predicted today would be my ovulation, I predicted last week but I am getting all signs of it being roughly yesterday, today is my birthday! So here’s hoping our birthday’s bring us some luck!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 250
34 posts
Newbee

mel2 :  Congratulations!!! Such a clear BFP!  ☺️

topshelfprincess :  were you able to hold off testing today? I am determined to wait until Wednesday (11DPO) so we can try to be strong together! 

stellate23 :  Thank you! Trying to distract myself, these days are LONG πŸ™„

Post # 251
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Wedgewood Tower Club

flashdance :  I was!! Were you able to hold out too? It’s so damn hard!!

i was contemplating waiting until Wednesday (my birthday) to test if I could, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to resist. πŸ˜‚

Post # 252
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

hopfenn :  Darling Husband and I decided to keep at it this month so I’ll roll call

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/35

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD7

Ovulation Date: should be around 8/21

POAS Date: 8/31

Usual Cycle Length: about 30 days

Cycles Trying: this is cycle 8; first after CP

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): prenatals and timing.  I bought the Ava bracelet to help with timing as I am not good at temping myself

Trying anything new this month? Ava bracelet and pre-seed

Link to your chart if charting: 

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? 

Post # 253
34 posts
Newbee

topshelfprincess :  I’m still holding out! Figured I should try to put some time between tests so that I don’t drive myself bonkers testing everyday with my cheapies. If you can hold out until Wednesday I will too, pinky swear! Also, Happy (almost) Birthday!

Post # 254
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Wedgewood Tower Club

flashdance :  Yes!! Way to go girl! ❀️

I definitely agree – it’s unbelievable how quickly test costs can add up. 

Let’s do it!! Thank you for being a gem and offering to do this with me 😍

Post # 255
34 posts
Newbee

topshelfprincess :  Yes! We can do it!! πŸ’ͺ🏼

Not sure where you are but the day is winding down where I am so it’s really only one day left! Tomorrow will be tough but if you need extra solidarity send me a message!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors