August 2019 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 286
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

stellate23 :  thank you, I’m really hoping it doesn’t take another seven cycles this time. I e got my fingers crossed for you.  I get frequent UTIs but frequent urination was definitely one of my symptoms last cycle with the CP.

Post # 287
3854 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

So, a bit of a mixed bag update. I am 10 DPO (days past ovulation)today and woke up at 4:30 AM and could not fall back asleep, so I got up and took a test with FMU (but, to be fair, I got up to pee around 11:30 last night). 

I took three tests (at this point, I have an arsenal of them): Clearblue blue dye test, FRER, and a cheapie Dollar Tree test. 

The Clearblue was a stark negative.

My FRER and Dollar Tree tests are in the pictures below. Same very faint line on the FRER and then just the *ghost* of a second line on the Dollar Tree test (which I’ve never seen before) that is barely showing up, but both my husband and I saw it. I actually feel a little silly because it shows up darker in person, but on the screen not so much, so if you don’t see it, I don’t fault you haha.  

For my own sanity, I am going to hold off on testing until Friday at the earliest (which was my original test date and the one I wish I had stuck to). 

If I’m being honest, I am not feeling very confident about this. Time will tell either way! I have attached the pictures of my Dollar Tree and FRER tests with and without the picture darkened to highlight the lines. All pics were taken within the 3 – 5 min threshold. (Also, I know you aren’t supposed to remove tests from their cases, but I could not tell if it was a shadow or the hint of a line on the Dollar Tree test and it turned out to be the hint of a line, so shame on me, I know, but worth it haha.)

I also attached a screenshot of my FF chart and my temps are going up, so we shall see. (Apologies if the photos are huge.)

Post # 288
5216 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2017

MrsMeowton :  the dollar tree tests are not as sensitive as the frers. I’m not sure about the clear blue, the lower the miu the test can detect, the more sensitive it is (I believe frer can detect as low as 7miu and I believe the dollar store is 50miu but they are pretty good, it’s picking up what the frer is picking up)

Fingers crosses that those lines get darker over the next few days! Hcg doubles every two days

Post # 289
5216 posts
Bee Keeper

My 9dpo lines were very faint, I wouldn’t be disappointed in your lines quite yet, they are definitely there!

MrsMeowton :  

Post # 290
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Wedgewood Tower Club

Another mixed-ish update:

Currently 12 DPO and got two BFNs (FRER and Clear Blue Digital) – I took two to make sure because today’s my birthday, and I wanted to enjoy a drink without guilt. 

Discouraged, but trying not to lose hope. Temps are still rising, and I’m getting mixed information from my period apps:

One is saying to expect AF in five days, the other is saying to expect AF in two days. 

So I guess we’ll see! I’m gonna let myself wait three days to cover one app’s prediction and then test again and go from there. Praying AF decides not to show up! 

Post # 291
25 posts
Newbee

topshelfprincess : Happy Birthday! πŸŽ‰ I was thinking about you again this morning when I tested. I used a FRER and a cheapie, and both were negative. I’m 11DPO and now I’m truly understanding why so many people say not to test early. I’m also feeling disappointed, but trying to see the bright side too (we’re going on vacay next week so it would be nice to be able to enjoy some drinks). AF is predicted to start on Saturday so if it doesn’t start I will test again Sunday. Otherwise temps are still rising and I still feel bloated and achy so if I’m not pregnant I’m buckling in for one hell of an AF!

Post # 292
323 posts
Helper bee

flashdance :  I thought of you too! 

Man, it’s like you’re in my body – I’ve been feeling the EXACT same way! Definitely don’t feel right, but apparently, everything is all good. πŸ˜‚

Putting it into a positive perspective is definitely a good idea. I’ll have to think about that while I’m at work instead of feeling sorry for us!

Apparently, FF says only 65% of people get their BFP by this point, which is only marginally better than a coin flip. We just have to chill for a few days. 😎

Post # 293
3854 posts
Honey bee

Sansa85 :  Thank you! We have been trying for about four years and this is the closest to a positive that I’ve ever received, so I don’t even have anything else to base it on. However, my gut was telling me yesterday not to rejoice just yet. With it being as light this morning, I’m definitely a little nervous. Gonna hold off testing until Friday (my original test date). 

topshelfprincess :  I’m sorry that you’re currently going through this! We are in very similar boats! My Glow app tells me my period is due on Saturday and FF is telling me it’s due on Sunday, so I am unsure as to when to expect it. With my lines not getting darker, I am definitely now getting a little nervous. My temps were also rising as of this morning, so we will see! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It would be a nice belated birthday gift indeed πŸ˜€

Post # 294
323 posts
Helper bee

MrsMeowton : Thank you!

It totally sucks, but that’s what’s so great about these boards: the comraderie is wonderful to have! It makes me feel so much less crazy knowing that we’re all going through something similar. 

Thank you for the good juju! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you – hopefully a sticky bean! ❀️

Post # 295
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

MrsMeowton :  Girl that Frer test looks positive to me! I’ve seen a lot of evaps and I wouldn’t compare it to an evap. Go with your plan and wait till Friday, only two sleeps! fx crossed.

topshelfprincess :  Keep going, many don’t get positive untill that 14 DPO hits! Have a drink, enjoy your birthday! Happy Birthday ! 

Post # 296
323 posts
Helper bee

jemmlove12 :  Thank you so much!!

That’s such a relief to hear – it gets so hard seeing people get these crazy-early positives sometimes. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Post # 297
3854 posts
Honey bee

jemmlove12 :  Thank you! It does to me, as well! I’ll feel better once it starts to darken. Will update on Friday with a hopefully darker test!

Post # 298
5216 posts
Bee Keeper

MrsMeowton :  here I am, telling someone who has been trying for four years about test sensitivity and hcg doubling πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I’m sending baby dust your way! The lines look promising!

Post # 299
3854 posts
Honey bee

Sansa85 :  Hey girl, important part: “trying” hahaha. I will ALWAYS accept the knowledge of wiser Bees on ANY subject, especially when it comes to TTC stuff. I’ve been at it four years, but I think this is the first year I’ve really “got” it! I actually completely spaced about the hcg doubling every other day, so it was a very important reminder and made me feel more confident in waiting until Friday to test again, so thank you for the confidence boost! 

And thank you! I really want to see the words “pregnant” on a digital test and hoping to be able to do so this weekend. Thanks again for your thoughtful responses πŸ™‚

Post # 300
2550 posts
Sugar bee

topshelfprincess :  Happy Birthday!!

MrsMeowton :  I had a SUPER faint positive 9DPO, and my lines didn’t get darker until 16DPO. My son is now 18 months of pure naughty. Hang in there, I know it’s hard, but we’re all sitting here with fingers and toes crossed cheering you on!

Also, I didn’t get “pregnant” on a digital until I was 5 weeks, and by then it was “Yeah, got it. Thanks.”

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors