August 2019 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 421
5954 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Equine_Breeder :  Haha.  Same!  Early in the TWW, I’m like, “Giiiiirl. You’re insane. It’s all in your head.”  

Your chart looks so great too!  I’m also getting the sdie/underboob soreness, but it happens every now and then in my LP (I haven’t had it postpartum, but I remember it from last time).  I refuse to look at that link, because I’m 9dpo and I’m trying my best to hold out! lol.  FX for you, darling!

lou18 :  Thank you, dear!  Honestly, the big giveaway last time was that my BBT was still high at 13dpo, and they always dropped by 13dpo (all but 1 cycle out of the previous 8).  Then, I realized I was STARVING that morning, and had been super hungry the previous two days…. then I realized my boobs were sore, but a different sore… almost like sharp sore.  I woke up with that high temp, but spent all day at work obsessing about my symptoms, then tested as soon as I got home! lol.  I held out for so long. I’m surprised I didn’t buy a pregnancy test at work. 

I honestly never had a linea nigra my whole pregnancy.  That’s crazy it showed up so early!

Post # 422
5954 posts
Bee Keeper

Equine_Breeder :  Omg!!!  FX!!!  Honestly, my boobs have been tingly the past couple days.  Last night, I had a dream I had a clogged duct and my milk came back.  Ugh. lol.  Trying not to think about it!

Post # 423
41 posts
Newbee

SeaOfLove :  Thank you! I haven’t been to the doctor yet but my app tells me April 26, so I will check out that group😊

Post # 425
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

I think I am 5-6 DPO (my first cycle trying) and I am going crazy googling pregnancy symptoms and POAS statistics. I did not think I was going to lose my mind like this during the TWW, but it’s unbelievably hard! I’m sooo tempted to start POASing early (like right now) but I know there is no point. What happens after the BFP? It must be a bit of a letdown after all this drama….

I had ovulatory pain in both sides this cycle, so I am also wondering if it would be possible to get pregnant with twins…

Post # 426
5954 posts
Bee Keeper

lucyinsky :  A blatocyst doesn’t typically implant until 6-12dpo, so it’s unlikely that anything you’re experiencing as far as pregnancy symptoms are pregnancy related since your HCG isn’t high enough yet, and that is what causes pregnancy symptoms.  There’s a 20% chance of getting your BFP any given cycle, so I guess I’m not sure what you mean by what happens after the BFP?  It took Darling Husband and I 9 cycles to get our BFP last time, so we were very emotionally overwhelmed and then anxious since miscarriage is so much more common than people think in that first trimester.  It’s a lot of riding out the first trimester fatigue, food aversions, starvation, and nausea, while trying to keep quiet about it because you don’t want to assume you’re going to have a healthy pregnancy yet… at least how that is for us, because we don’t want to tell people if there’s still a higher chance for miscarriage.

Do twins run in your family, or are you on fertility medication?  

Post # 427
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

lucyinsky :  haha after the BFP you are very much like “oh crap. What did we do!?!! I’m not ready!!” And we tried for 19 months to conceive my son 😊 first thing is I would join your month group on the bee/facebook. You all go through pregnancy and motherhood together and it’s AMAZING. My group from 2016 are literally my best friends and we’ve gone through everything together. 

SeaOfLove :  ahhh! Every month I think it’s your month but this time I have so much hope for you lol. When do you test for reals? My temps are nice and high this time, and very stable. None of the extreme highs and lows that were happening the last few months. But like you said, the chart looks good until the temp drops and then it doesn’t matter.

ill probably test on Saturday and go from there. That’ll be 9 DPO and I know it’s early but I’m not going to lie to myself and say I’m waiting till AF 😅 

Post # 428
5954 posts
Bee Keeper

Equine_Breeder :  Same about my April 2018 birth group.  They’re my everything!  Seriously some of my best friends.  We’ve connected in life on so many other levels than sharing babies the same age.  I actually work as an indepedent contractor for one of the Mama’s companies overseas as a side gig!  I would have never had that opportunity otherwise.

Thank you darling for all your hope!  I honestly don’t plan to test until Saturday (13dpo), but only if my temps are still high. If I have blaring symptoms before then, I’ll test, but I’m trying to hold out!  I so hope we both get our BFPs on Saturday!! lol.  I hope your temps mean your body is stabilizing.  Honestly, when I’m stressed, it’s definitely reflected as very jagged temps. My temps have been so smooth this LP too!

Post # 429
2099 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Hey all! Has anyone TTC right after their period came back postpartum, like a crazy person?  My husband and I are on the older side and want to get right on it…. my son is 10.5 months old and I got my first period about 6 weeks ago.  

I know the first few periods can be pretty wonky.  Did you temp or use ovulation strips to try to get your BD timing right?  I didn’t really want to bother with that stuff again because having a baby is already a hassle (an adorable hassle but still), I don’t want to do more hassling.  But it makes sense I suppose.  

Thoughts??  Baby dust to all!

Post # 430
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Just giving an update.. my POAS date was originally last Friday, but I ovulated later that I thought and I am now experiencing the longest cycle I’ve had in over a year. I’m on 13DPO with high temps, high cervical position, and got a negative test this morning on a clear blue test. This is my first month temping, so I do not know 100% how long my luteal phase is, but based on my past logged symptoms around ovulation time, I believe it is usually 11 days long. Anyone have any advice or thoughts? Is it possible to still get a BFP at this point? 

Post # 433
2651 posts
Sugar bee

lovetotravel02092017 :  Definitely still possible. Could have implanted closer to 12DPO, and then you have to wait for doubling of HcG. Test on Thursday!

KittyYogi :  I just temp to the best of my ability with a little person disturbing my sleep lol. Usually it’s okay, some nights it like “DUUUUUDDE.” If we don’t conceive next cycle (currently in TWW for this cycle I think), then I’ll start OPKs again.

Post # 434
5954 posts
Bee Keeper

KittyYogi :  I started temping right after my first postpartum period, but we weren’t TTC. The first two cycles were a bit weird, but I could confirm ovulation with my temps! Welcome back ❤️

lovetotravel02092017 :  I agree with MsPlucky. Or your LPs could be lengthening. Test in a couple days if AF hasn’t shown yet.  FX!

Post # 435
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

SeaOfLove :  I don’t actually have any symptoms yet… just symptoms that I’m ttc, which include obsessive googling and an irrational need to pee on a stick…

Twins don’t run in my family and I know the  probability isn’t great. But, I’m older, and the ovulatory pain on both sides was an unusual thing for me…

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors