August 2019 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Who is ovulating this week? If normal cycle happens I should have a positive OPK on Wednesday and ovulate about Thursday πŸ™‚

Would love to symptom spot with someone!

Post # 47
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

sassybeee :  thanks, you too!!

MrsBrew :  Thanks!  Yes, I’m using glow and I mostly like the test analyzer, but I feel like it’s a little off the mark sometimes.  Downloading Premom now (love that name), that will make FOUR fertility tracking apps for me, lol

Post # 48
412 posts
Helper bee

mel2 :  I got a positive OPK today, so should be ovulating tomorrow or Thursday!  Time to board the crazy train and start checking my boobs for soreness every day πŸ™‚  

Post # 49
981 posts
Busy bee

n00bee :  Yes!!! LOL. I am here for it! Hubby is super excited about the baby making but I dont want to bombard him.

Had a high LH reading on CD5 but not positive so that was weird. Just hoping I get a strong positive in the next few days!

When will you start testing? Figure Ill wait til 10 DPO but we will see LOL

Post # 50
412 posts
Helper bee

mel2 :  Haha, same!  I’m not even going to tell my husband that tonight is Optimal Baby-Making Night until after we BD.  I usually get a high-ish OPK at some point before the real positive, I don’t think that’s too weird. 

Girl, I always say I’m going to wait until 10 dpo and I NEVER do. I can almost guarantee that I’ll be testing at 6dpo “just for fun”, which is insane and a waste of money, but I have no self control or patience!  It also kinda helps me not symptom spot too much. 

Also, since I had a CP last cycle, I really want to be aware if I have another one so I can talk to the doctor and maybe get my progesterone checked.  My LP is a little on the short side.

Post # 51
981 posts
Busy bee

n00bee :   You are better than me. He can tell bc I get all smiley and give it away! LOL.

Im a texbook overanalyzer so Ive been checking and monitoring everything for the last week even though its early LOL. I really want the positive OPK but I know then Ill be obsessing about the pregnancy signs. Alas, Ill drink wine and enjoy it while I can haha.

Sorry to hear about the chemical! I had progesterone injections with my daughter for my full pregnancy. **fingers crossed** you get a sticky baby this month!

Post # 52
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

n00bee :  I have way too many fertility apps LOL I hope you enjoy Premom! 

I have a question that I hope some of you ladies may help me with.

So I have been worrying about my luteal phase thinking that it’s on the shorter side of normal at 9/10 days. But then I read that CD 1 doesn’t start until your period is “full flow” and that spotting doesn’t count. 

I always have brownish spotting that does not require a tampon for a day or two before my period becomes heavier and red. I always counted my first sight of blood as CD 1 but now I’m not sure! Which day would I count as CD 1? If I don’t count the spotting, My luteal phase is definitely more in the “normal” range. 

Post # 53
118 posts
Blushing bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31 (32 in August) / 31

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: ~8/7 – 8/9

POAS Date: 8/21

Usual Cycle Length: 26-28 days

Cycles Trying: This will be 3, post-MC

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): temping, eating extra healthy, no alcohol

Trying anything new this month: Nope.. just trying to stay hopeful!

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/stellate23

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? camping deep in the woods, near a lake or river. Next week we’re trying camping by the beach, so I’m excited for that!

Post # 54
5427 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2017

MrsBrew :  I’ve been having the same thing, I count my day one as when the flow turns heavy after spotting

Post # 56
1569 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

1DPO in cycle 1, aka my first time in the TWW. Help me stay strong!

Post # 57
292 posts
Helper bee

mel2 :  n00bee :  I should be ovulating in the next couple of days; I’m out of town and don’t have OPK’s with me, but I’m temping and tracking CM. I don’t know how you ladies keep the mystery with your husbands πŸ˜€ Mine likes to know approximately when my fertile days will be and when I get a positive OPK. I’m glad because I couldn’t keep it to myself!

Post # 58
981 posts
Busy bee

FIngers crossed for you!

so I told him today that if i ovulate Thursdayish like I think then today until then is my most fertile days to conceive.

Then I followed up “do you want this information or would you prefer I skip the play by play??” Lol. He said it was fine…. then got home from work and promptly initiated sex twice lol. I work from home so he sometimes takes advantage haha 

rosabelle :  

Post # 59
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey guys! I’m excited to join all of you.. I’ve stalked this board off an on while TTC #1 and while waiting to TTC. We’ve been trying for #2 for a while now and so I figured I’d finally join in! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/29

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD12

Ovulation Date: 7/31?.. hopefully. 

POAS Date: 8/10.. realistically probably earlier, especially since the 8th is a significant date. 

Usual Cycle Length: Pre-baby #1, it was consistently 29 days with a 10 day LP. Now, it’s been anywhere from 6-60 days, mostly anovulatory. When I am ovulating, it seems to be around 29-31 days but my LP has only been about 6-8 days. 

Cycles Trying: Since last September 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting BBT with Ava and using OPKs. BD EOD starting in the next few days. Taking prenatals and DHA. 

Trying anything new this month? Clomid! 

Link to your chart if charting: Not sure how to link to it. 

For Fun:  What’s your favourite summer vacation spot? The lakes. 

Post # 60
412 posts
Helper bee

mel2 :   rosabelle :  I also got alllllll smiley two nights ago, so he knew! He said “Oooh, what did your sticks tell you?” πŸ˜‚ 

MrsBrew :  I also start with the first day of real bleeding, but for me that’s sometimes later in the same day as the spotting. I have seen other ladies on these boards express concern when the spotting happens really really early, like 7 dpo. 

AFM, got a big temp spike this morning. We’ll see what happens over the next few days, but I’m thinking I ovulated yesterday. 

*One thing that was unusual for me this cycle…my LH surge was really short. Like positive in the am and then negative by that afternoon. Not sure if that has any bearing on how quickly ovulation happens after a positive OPK?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors