August 2020 POAS

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 526
2700 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
@loz24:  there’s nothing wrong with being more or less risk-averse! I do laugh at the steak thing though because I love medium well steak. Pregnancy won’t be tough for me for food…I hate all seafood, don’t eat deli meat, don’t eat undercooked meat or eggs, etc. For me, the hardest things will be wine, cheese, and caffeine. I was super careful my last TWW but since I’m on vacation, I’ve definitely been overdoing the caffeine and alcohol a bit. We can all probably do well to remember that early pregnancy has its own blood supply!

Post # 527
36 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@loz24:  I don’t even know how to pronounce that but it sounds like an experience like no other. And I don’t mind the nerdy recommendations at all because my husband and I are nerds, too! ๐Ÿ˜† Nature always amazes me, which also makes me sad that we’re losing so many of these beautiful places due to global warming. But on a more positive note…

Sending you all lots of luck for nothing but BFP’s to come!! 

Post # 528
36 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@dianaj17:  Oh man, I feel like all I eat is seafood, meats, deli meats (proscuitto, mmmmmm), and everything else I shouldn’t eat. This future child better be grateful for the food sacrifices I have to make! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 529
1021 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

soo disappointed, got a BFN so I’m out this month again. I’m taken this one pretty hard, I think cause it’s at the 6 month mark and thought I’d be preg by now ๐Ÿ™ BUT, we’re trying to stay positive and are going to keep trying! We figure it will happen when it’s meant to be. 

Post # 530
1021 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@morecookiesplease:  thank you, and good luck to you!! hope you’ve been ok. 

Post # 531
1141 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@sunnybee88:  I’m sorry about the bfn ๐Ÿ™. I hope you feel better about it soon, but that’s good that you are trying to stay positive.  You are doing everything you can!  *hugs*

Post # 532
1021 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@morecookiesplease:  thank you, I really appreciate it bee. hope you get your bfp this month x

Post # 533
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Very late but hope it still OK to join in

Here we go!

ROLL CALL

Your age/ partner’s age: 33/35

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day: 15

Ovulation Date: around now

POAS Date: 28th August

Usual Cycle Length: 30_36

Cycles Trying: I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks at end of June. I had to have a d and c, so this is first cycle since then. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): opks (positive yestrrday/today) 

Trying anything new this month: trying to be positove

Link to your chart if charting: na

For fun: Where would you take a vacation right now if we could travel? We had a holiday booked in the med which was cancelled, so I’d love to be there! 

Post # 535
3591 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@sunnybee88:  I’m really sorry bee, that sucks to reach that milestone. But I love your attitude. FWIW, I know so many people who got pregnant in the 6-12 month of trying range. Here’s for lucky cycle #7!! 

View original reply
@kiwihig:  Welcome and so sorry to hear about your loss in June. I hope this is the cycle for your rainbow baby! I’m also due to ovulate any day now (CD12, usually O around CD14 or 15) so we will be POAS around the same time!

Post # 537
2467 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter\'s Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle

View original reply
@beepositive:  have a read of Expecting Better, by Emily Oster.  She’s an economist who wanted actual cold hard numbers on how safe (or not) something was to eat during pregnancy, and when she couldn’t find them, she set out to read all the studies she could find to get actual numbers.  Smoking and alcohol are (hopefully obviously!) a big no, but nothing else is quite so black and white.  I found it very interesting and it will help you make up your mind about where you draw the line!  I didn’t stop eating runny eggs (you’d have to drag them out of my cold dead hands!) or medium-rare steak when I was pregnant, and while that pregnancy didn’t end the way we wanted it to, it wasn’t anything to do with what I’d eaten.  I did keep tuna down to one can a week.  

My brother is a doctor (paediatric oncologist by rights, but the smartest person I know and has two kids of his own as well, I trust his opinions implicitly) and he said a lot of things are not as dangerous as they’re made out to be and so long as you’re not eating a dozen runny eggs daily, chances are you’ll be 100% fine.  Obviously don’t take that for gospel truth, but I do think it’s overblown.  Soft cheese is also fine so long as it’s pasteurised, which it all is in Australia where I am anyway – you can’t buy raw milk or raw milk products anyhow.

Post # 538
2467 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter\'s Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle

View original reply
@dianaj17:  unless it’s unpasteurised, cheese (even soft cheese) shouldn’t be a problem.  I can’t even buy unpasteurised cheese here – it’s illegal to sell it.  Not sure about the USA but labelling should be super clear – so you may not need to give cheese up ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 539
322 posts
Helper bee

Been bit quiet here as I have no idea what happened to my cycle this month! I ended up ovulating late, we BD’d every other day during fertile week and now I’m 10 or 11 dpo, today’s test was bfn and I have some cramping which means AF is on it’s way. I wasn’t expecting it for another 4-5 days but my cycles aren’t that regular. Keeping positive, I know it’s not a definite out till AF arrives but I guess at least I’m not expecting a bfp. I’ll test again after the weekend if it still doesn’t arrive.

A massive congrats to all the BFP’s this month! I can’t imagine how exciting that feels and can’t wait till the day I go through those emotions too! 

Post # 540
53 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@sunnybee88:  Sorry to hear this!  I also crossed the 6 month mark last cycle and took it hard.  I also had figured it was likely to happen by now, if ever.  Glad you’re staying positive!  What a weird and long journey this can be.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors