August 2021 Mamas!

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@bjenmomma:  heya! i clicked on the link it sent me to join and it says this content isn’t available. 

Post # 18
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

ME!! Just got my BFP!

How old are you and partner? 35/35

How far along are you? 4 weeks

Estimated Due Date? Aug 7 2021

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 4 (last cycle was a chemical pregnancy so I’m a bit cautious to get excited yet)

When did you get your BFP? 11dpo and I’ve been checking every day since to make sure it’s still hanging on!

Who have you told? Husband and best friend

When do you plan to tell other people? Parents – on Christmas. Everyone else, after first trimester.

How did you tell your partner? Brought him my test and said “am I delusional or is that a second line?”

Any symptoms? Sore nipples and tired

What are you most excited about? Everything! Seeing my son become a big brother, finding out the sex, watching my bump grow, meeting me new baby!

When is your first appointment? Haven’t called the Dr yet

Are you planning on finding out the sex? YUP!

Anything else? Congratulations everyone on your pregnancies! 🙂 

Post # 19
24 posts
Newbee

Can I join? I didn’t roll call this month because I was mentally exhausted but SURPRISEE

How old are you and partner? 33 and 32

How far along are you? 3w6d

Estimated Due Date? 8/10/21

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 4ish

When did you get your BFP? 11/29, faint positives on 11/27 and 11/28

Who have you told? My husband, his cousin, and my best friend

When do you plan to tell other people? We are still trying to decide. Maybe my mom at Christmas, but his family we will likely wait til past 12 weeks.

How did you tell your partner? I walked up to my husband and said he jinxed us– I was convinced we didn’t have enough time together this month and he had said but yea, I bet it worked.

Any symptoms? I don’t think so, I work nights so its a little hard to tell. I’ve had trouble sleeping and I’ve been SO thirsty.

What are you most excited about? I’m not sure.. it took me awhile to be on the baby train so I feel like right now I’m just trying to be cautiously optimistic.

When is your first appointment? 12/30

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Maybe, undecided on this also.

Anything else? I JUST bought my tempdrop (and got the algorithm working to really hit it hard in December) and about 90 million LH and HCG test strips. Oh and a costco sized box of tampons. So that’s cool.

Post # 20
1 posts
Wannabee

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 31/32

How far along are you? 5w2d

Estimated Due Date? August 2nd

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 3rd cycle ACTUALLY trying and 5th if you count NTNP

When did you get your BFP? 9dpo

Who have you told? DH and my best friend

When do you plan to tell other people? family – in January, when we will be seeing them in person (we live pretty far away from family)

How did you tell your partner? “Ummm…I need you to look at this” and shoved the stick in his face

Any symptoms? Sore boobs, very sensitive to smell, slight nausea at times, insomnia

What are you most excited about? Being a mom and experiencing life through a little one

When is your first appointment? December 21st

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Nope. I always thought there was no WAY I would wait to find out, but as soon as I actually got pregnant, I became Team Green all the way.

Anything else? I’d love to be added to the Facebook group! Did it ever get fixed?

Post # 21
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@bjenmomma:  hey lady! Need help with the Facebook group? I’m happy to make one and add people but I’m not sure I have the time to admin. 

Post # 22
32 posts
Newbee

Hello! Congrats to everyone! Excited to be here 🙂 

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 35/33

How far along are you? 4w 6d

Estimated Due Date? August 4

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? November 20

Who have you told? Just my husband

When do you plan to tell other people? My best friend – soon. Immediate family at Christmas. Everyone else 12-14 wks.

How did you tell your partner? I got him some slippers that said “Papa Bear” “Mama Bear” and “Baby Bear” I waited a couple days to tell him to make sure the line was getting darker and that I wasn’t just imagining things. We both cried when I told him!

Any symptoms? mild constant cramping, sore boobs, some food aversions

What are you most excited about? Everyday is something new! Right now I’m excited to tell my parents (this will be their first grandchild) and looking forward to parenthood!

When is your first appointment? December 22

Are you planning on finding out the sex? No

Anything else? My husband told me he joined an expectant fathers group on Facebook and it just warmed my heart. I love seeing him so excited for this baby!

Post # 24
12 posts
Newbee

I’m so excited to be here!!

How old are you and partner? 32/33

How far along are you? 3w5d, I think! Crazy to know so early!

Estimated Due Date? 8/13/21

What baby # is this? This is my third, but my husband’s first.

How many cycles trying? Several NTNP, but first actively trying and with fertility treatment due to my long history of PCOS.

When did you get your BFP? So I started testing out my HCG trigger injection with daily cheapie tests… the line was fading consistently from 3 days after the trigger until 10 days after the trigger. It was almost gone by that point. On 11 days after the trigger (9 DPO) I noticed it appeared slightly darker and began to suspect… by 12 DPT/10 DPO I was pretty confident, but it wasn’t until today at 14 DPT/12 DPO that I was basically certain – now my line is as dark as it was 3 days after my trigger!

Who have you told? My husband and three of my closest friends know about my fertility treatment and that I may be pregnant. No one else is sure but me though! 🙂

When do you plan to tell other people? I’m telling my husband today after I get my bloodwork. My closest friends will know too. I think I’ll tell my parents at Christmas but I’m not sure I want my daughters to know until I have an ultrasound.

How did you tell your partner? I have a Christmas ornament and onesie for him. He’ll see them tonight!

Any symptoms? Yes, but I’m taking progesterone supplements and had the trigger shot, so I’ve kind of had symptoms all along. They do seem to be a little stronger already though. Mildly tender breasts and some occasional cramping.

What are you most excited about? This is my husband’s first baby, so I’m really excited to see him go through this process with me and become a father. He’s already a great father figure to my daughters, but going through it from the beginning will be all new for him!

When is your first appointment? I’m not sure when I’ll leave the fertility clinic for my OBGYN/midwife group. I’ll ask about that today. I have an appointment for bloodwork today though!

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes, we will do NIPT and find out at 10-12 weeks.

Anything else? I’m a student nurse midwife in the last part of my program! This pregnancy is going to be so different because of all that I know now… and also because I start clinical hours in January and will be seeing GYN and pregnant patients in an office setting and delivering babies in two hospitals!! I am so excited but also SO scared. I hope my pregnancy is healthy and easy (the last one certainly wasn’t easy, I had a lot of mobility issues due to a herniated disc and sciatica) and that I can smoothly complete my clinical hours and deliver the required 40+ babies before June or July. COVID certainly makes that a little scary – if cases keep rising, students like me may not have access to complete our hours… guess I’ll just be taking things one day at a time!

Post # 26
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

How old are you and partner? 33/35

How far along are you? 5w1d

Estimated Due Date? 8/3/21

What baby # is this? No 2

How many cycles trying? Started trying for no 2 in March, got bfp on first cycle but unfortunately had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks at end of June. Been trying since after my d & c

When did you get your BFP? 10dpo

Who have you told? My husband

When do you plan to tell other people? I think I’ll wait until my little girls 2nd birthday on feb19

How did you tell your partner? Showed him the test at 11dpo and cried my eyes out

Any symptoms? Just cramping, which is scaring me slot! 

What are you most excited about? Being a family of 4

When is your first appointment? I’m not sure I need to contact the midwife centre but prob not until the new year

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes,

Anything else? I’d love to join the Facebook group but had difficulty in the past as don’t have access to the email account Facebook is linked too.. Would you mind adding me as a friend and doing it that way? 

Post # 27
1 posts
Wannabee

Congrats everyone! 

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 32/32

How far along are you? 4w 

Estimated Due Date? August 7th

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 4

When did you get your BFP? 11/28

Who have you told? DH and my brother and sister

When do you plan to tell other people? My parents and in-laws at Christmas if my 1st appt goes well

How did you tell your partner? He waited with me for the test to complete!

Any symptoms? mild cramping – also freaking me out!

What are you most excited about? being a mom, starting a new chapter for my family

When is your first appointment? 12/18 

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Not sure! I think so but i’m going back and forth 

Anything else? This is my first BFP since a 8w miscarriage around this time last year. We took some time between work/Covid before we started to try again. I was lurking on the TTC boards for awhile and decided now that its actually happening I could really use some support. Trying to manage my anxiety and stay in the moment right now. 

Post # 28
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
@bjenmomma:  I’m just going to add you on Facebook. The link said “that content does not exist”. 

Post # 30
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 36/37

How far along are you?  3W3D

Estimated Due Date? Aug 15

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Dec 2 8DPO

Who have you told? Husband & Doulas

When do you plan to tell other people? Parents at Christmas, everyone else Easter

How did you tell your partner? Woke him up in the middle of the night 4 am.

Any symptoms? Not yet

What are you most excited about? Everything! Little Toes & Feet… Baby smell, ah everything.

When is your first appointment?

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes

Anything else? Congratulations to you all, looking forward to sharing this journey with you all 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors