August 2021 POAS

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 4
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’m in – thank you for getting this started! Also, date twins!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/35

Baby #: 1

Current cycle day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation date: July 26-27ish

POAS date: Aug 6

Usual cycle length: 27-28, it has gotten much shorter lately

Cycles trying: 8 (5th trying again after a MC in January)

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): prenatals, temping, OPKs, EOD during FW

Trying anything new this month? Just trying to stay positive, TTC is a mental struggle sometimes

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane.  DH and I are moving to our new house in a few weeks, so things are a little stressful between packing and furniture shopping. The other night, we both got into a fit of giggles watching our cat get tangled up in bubble wrap, like doubled up, laughing so hard we squeaked trying to get words out! 

Post # 6
332 posts
Helper bee

Yay! Thanks for getting this started! Hope we get lots of bfps this month like we did last month.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 26/27

Baby #: 1

Current cycle day/DPO: Cd3

Ovulation date: 31/07 or 01/08

POAS date: 13/08 

Usual cycle length: 34 days 

Cycles trying: This is our third

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Bd timing, opks, prenatals, SMEP. 

Trying anything new this month? Not really. I’ve added a few more vitamins to my day.

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane. I work in a kindergarten and one of our youngest children has started to talk recently. She said my name a few days ago and that was so heartwarming and wonderful! 

Post # 7
332 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@penguin14:  
View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  I get what you both mean about it being an emotional rollercoaster. It hasn’t been very long for us but last cycle I took my first test and there was two lines! I called my husband in to have a look because I always see lines and he doesn’t and he 100% saw it and started to get excited. I took a frer straight away and no line… and no second line on any other tests either. I feel like indents/evaps are happening so much at the moment and it sucks! We’ve now learnt not to get so excited by two lines.

Post # 8
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/ 37

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation date: 7/30

POAS date: 8/11 (waiting until 12 DPO, I can’t handle the disappointment anymore)

Usual cycle length: Cycles have been weird. I looked back at my chart, and the last 5 cycles, I’ve alternated a 27 day and a 30 day cycle. Not sure what that means. Last month was 30 days, so expecting a 27 day cycle this time.

Cycles trying: 5

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Prenatals, OPKs, going to be better about temping (I stopped at 1 DPO last cycle and never actually saw a spike), BD plan TBD. DH and I are going to be apart until 7/29, so I think we’re probably only going to hit O-1, O and O+1, but I’m hoping that since we won’t have seen each other in a week that he’ll be up for 3 days in a row.

Trying anything new this month? Being better about temping and waiting until day before missed period to test

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane. My daughter just turned 2 and is talking a lot. Now when I say, “I love you Emmy”, she says “I love you mama”. It is the sweetest and just makes me smile so much. I’m smiling even thinking about it. 

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by sarfin914.
Post # 11
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  
View original reply
@alybe:  Yes, exactly this! Sometimes I see other bees post their VVVVF lines and I look through all my pictures again to see if I missed something. I also have to constantly remind myself that seeing anything at ~9 DPO is super rare and not the norm, to the point that I’ve given up testing until the day before missed period. 

Super thankful for these boards, because most of the people in our real lives have no idea we are trying or have experienced a loss. 

Post # 13
332 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@penguin14:  I do the same with looking through photos so you’re not alone in that! Also I didn’t realise that seeing anything before 9dpo was rare so that’s useful too! 

Yeah I really hope this month is a great one too. Even if it’s not me, seeing the bfps gives me hope! 

Post # 14
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I agree the TTC process is super lonely. I’ve told a few friends, and they’ve shared their TTC journeys. That’s helped a bit. I’ve also told my mom so that I have another outlet besides DH. She just gave me the “it’ll happen” and “you’ve got a lot of stress right now” talk, which isn’t super helpful but I know she’s trying to be supportive.

I’m considering calling my OB though. It’s only been 4 months, and she doesn’t usually have you come in until after 6 months, but we’re moving in 2 weeks. So I’m just wondering if it will be easier to have an initial conversation/ maybe bloodwork done by someone who knows my history vs. a new OB. What do you ladies think? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors