August 2021 POAS

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 16
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  very similar with my mom. She was like, “your dad just had to look at me and I got pregnant!”. Thanks, mom. Super helpful. 

I agree with you. I am a big proponent of having more information. I have a routine yearly physical, and my bloodwork was normal from that appointment (done in May), but I know a blood panel for TTC may look a little different. Thanks for the encouragement. Just made an appointment with my OB, and she can see me tomorrow!

Post # 18
318 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  well, I drove 30+ minutes to my appointment today, only to find out that whoever scheduled my appointment made it for yesterday at 11:20 am and not today at 11:20 am. I had called yesterday at 1:45 pm so obviously a huge mistake on their part. To make matters worse, my doc wasn’t even at the location I drove to and doesn’t have any available appointments next week. They told me I can call the nurse line and relay my concerns and that they’ll talk to my doctor and see if she will call me. They asked if I’d see another provider, but I really established a relationship with this doctor during and after my last pregnancy, so I wasn’t really willing to see anyone else.

Anyways, hugely disappointing. Lots of tears on the way home. When I’m not so emotional, I’m going to give the nurse line a call. 

Post # 19
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
@sarfin914:  I’m so sorry – dr office mix ups are terrible awful things, and such a time crunch when you’ve taking time out of your day to get there! I hope you’re able to get through to your doctor sometime today and they can help answer some of your questions. *hugs* 

Post # 21
61 posts
Worker bee

I’ve never posted on a POAS board before, but have asked a few TTC-related questions.  So, here goes!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 41 (42 in 2 months!)/40

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation date: The app is predicting 7/30

POAS date: 8/13 or so

Usual cycle length: around 25 days

Cycles trying: 4th overall, 3rd doing SMEP

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Using OPKs, Premom app.  Have kept taking prenatals since pregnant with my son, who’s now 16 months old.

Trying anything new this month? No, just sticking with SMEP.  Due to our ages, we plan to keep trying through the end of the year and then stop.  We won’t do IVF.  If it happens, we will be ecstatic, but if it doesn’t, we figure have our very active, (mostly) happy little guy to keep us busy and on our toes!  It definitely adds stress to know we only have 5 more cycles to get pregnant, though.

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane. Daycare sent a cute picture of our son from this morning.  He moved up to the toddler room recently and was a little shy/wary at first, but I think he’s settling in and we’re seeing more smiles in his pictures:)

Post # 24
332 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@futuremrsebc:  wooop I am your poas buddy! Fingers crossed for you this cycle. We are also trying SMEP and oh boy it’s tiring haha. 

View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  Those look great to me. I think I’ve still got over a week to go until I get positive opks. Hope that your tww is as easy and stress free as possible.

Post # 25
318 posts
Helper bee

When do you ladies start using OPKs? The last 2 cycles, I started at CD 6/7, but I ovulated on CD14 and then CD17 last cycle so just seems like a long time to be using them. I was thinking of starting at CD10 this month.

Post # 26
61 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@sarfin914:  The SMEP says to start at CD10. I have a shorter cycle and last month got a positive OPK on CD10 (the first day I tested), so this cycle I’m going to start at CD8. If you typically get positives around the same time each month, I would just start a few days before that. 

Post # 28
37 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@sarfin914:  This cycle I started OPKs at CD6. My LH didn’t start rising consistently until CD17 and I ovulated CD20. My cycles are longer though.. around 33 to 35 days. Next cycle I think I will start OPKs at CD12. I have gradual onset so I could probably get away with testing closer to my fertile window.

Post # 29
318 posts
Helper bee

Awesome, thanks ladies! I’m going to start on CD10, which is Sat for me. I am not even sure if we’re going to have good timing this month. I am moving into our new house this Sat, and DH won’t be joining me until next Wed evening. So we’ll be together from CD14-CD18ish. My app is currently predicting ovulation on Fri 7/30 but I’m guessing it may be the day before given my past cycles. Fingers crossed. Sometimes I feel like this week leading up to FW is just as boring as the TWW. 

Post # 30
30 posts
Newbee

I’m 31 and just did a self test at home, my AMH is 5.72, is this considered normal? I’ve read sources that say that it may indicate PCOS?!! Did you have to stop vitamin D prior to taking test?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors