August 2021 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 31
1097 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/29 (but we both turn 30 in the next month)

Baby #: 1

Current cycle day/DPO: CD20

Ovulation date: predicted 7/23 but my symptoms have been confusing. I usually can tell very clearly with CM, OPKs and dizziness and it’s been less clear, even FF is confused. But I’m starting to feel more O-like today so hopefully we didn’t just like miss the whole window lol

POAS date: 8/4 (first day new job….. yikes)

Usual cycle length: 32 days

Cycles trying: 2 really timing, 2 previous NTNP

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Prenatals for me, multivitamin and coq10 for husband. I won’t start temping again until work starts up if needed, so right now just OPKs and cm. If O-day is as predicted we will have hit O-5, O-2, and O if we make it happen.

Trying anything new this month? Attempting not to stress and symptom spot 🤣

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane. We have a dog with a significant physical disability and he was able to do some things lately that he couldn’t before his assistive device, it was so great to see and affirming that we have done well for him.

Post # 33
1097 posts
Bumble bee

Is anyone better with understanding OPKs than me and can help out? I’ve taken a break from temping until work starts again and just using OPKs is frustrating!

Here’s the time line:

Thursday early morning BD

thursday late at night: very very close to positive OPK, but not quite. No BD (husband is a stress mess about work right now) OPKs throughout the day were very low, my surge happens fast.

Friday early morning: positive/very close to positive (Premom says .9) OPK. No BD, husband has already left for work. We will tonight.

I have a super short LH surge so while I will test again later today, I think it was overnight. If I put positive as today (friday), FF says O tomorrow and calls today O-1, but what if by tonight my LH is already low again? Is tonight “too late”? So basically with a very short surge, once it’s back down is it too late? FF always puts O as the Day after the positive reading, but by then my levels are already quite low again. 

thanks! Clearly I’m awful at being low stress about this.

ultimately it changes nothing, we will BD today and tomorrow to be safe, but I’m trying to understand the OPKs better.

Post # 35
1097 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  thank you! I always overthink because my surge is so short so it confuses me that I’m still “good” for a few hours after the tests are negative again. But if I stick to 12-48 hours that makes more sense. Back when I was temping it looks like I’m about a 24 hour ish usually. 

lol so much for being chill, I think I will be relieved to resume temping when my schedule is consistent again lol. Thanks for your help!

Post # 36
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
@hockeybee0104:  Just curious what time of day you’re testing with OPKs? I’m fairly new to them too, but I’ve seen a ton of posts on here about not testing super early in the day or super late. Something about LH rising in the morning, so you want to test in the late morning/afternoon when it might be most concentrated. 

Post # 37
1097 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@penguin14:  so normally because my cycles are pretty predictable I do one morning and one mid afternoon. Then when I think I’ve caught my surge I do like first thing in the morning, mid day, late afternoon and before bed lol. I just like peeing on things? 🤷🏻‍♀️ But really I have such a short surge that it’s the only way I can catch it sometimes. When I first started using them I did one mid afternoon every day until it started to get darker and then I’ve adjusted from there. I think it really depends on the person, because usually late at night is my darkest, but today that was late morning. This cycle has been weird and I thought I might’ve missed O, so I was basically testing every few hours trying to get an idea of what was going on, normally I wouldn’t bother early morning but late at night has been best for me.

Post # 38
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - backyard

Your age/partner’s age: 35/40

Baby #: 1

Current cycle day/DPO: CD 22

Ovulation date: July 20th

POAS date: August 3

Usual cycle length:  27 day average

Cycles trying: 7

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): Prenatals, charting (even though I’m bad at remembering), OKPs 

Trying anything new this month?  Not really TTC related but I switched from a medication that wasn’t helping my chronic illness to one that is making a huge difference, so I just feel better overall!

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane. I got to go swimming yesterday for the first time in two summers!

Post # 40
1411 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34 / 35 

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: 18

Ovulation date: 7/21

POAS date: 8/2

Usual cycle length: 30 (though last month was short)

Cycles trying: 3

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): OPKs, prenatals, temping / charting, BD timing

Trying anything new this month? I started with OPK’s this month and ended up ovulating way earlier than usual (usually is day 17-19 and this month it was 13) so really glad that I caught that. We timed BD really well and had good CM – but we only BD’d once because it was a bit of an ‘oh shit…go go go’ situation so we’ll see if it worked!

For fun: What made you smile recently? Could be anything, silly or mundane. 

I recently “discovered” Instagram Reels and wow, there are some funny people in the world!!

Post # 41
208 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@hockeybee0104:  So glad we just chatted about this last week. O came early this cycle (at least according to FF’s predicted dates), and I ended using the OPK strips every couple hours throughout the day because i was sure i did it wrong somehow. embarassed Thought I got a pretty clear positive yesterday, and got a blazing positive OPK today, so it’s definitely go time here. Fingers crossed we had good enough timing this month! 

Post # 42
208 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@TravelingBride31:  Instagram reels are my absolutely favorite way to kill time between meetings… it’s such a bad habit, but i love them so much! 

Post # 44
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

How is everyone doing? I decided to change up my BFP plan. DH and I won’t be together until tomorrow night, and I decided the stress of using OPKs, especially if I got a positive before he gets here, would be too much for me. So we are totally winging it this month – no OPKs, no temping, just BD on Wed, Fri, and either Sat or Sun. Based on previous cycles, my app is predicting O on Friday, so the timing could be perfect. 

We just booked a very short trip to Boston at the end of August, so if I’m pregnant then, yay! and if not, we’ll have a great trip and try the following month. 

Post # 45
349 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@sarfin914:  Sounds like a good plan and definitely the best for relieving stress. I’m just sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for o haha. It should be at the end of the week (app says Sat or Sun) so just getting ready to bd loads around then and see what happens. We are also on holiday at the end of August and I’d love to be pregnant then. If not it’ll still be wonderful to have a trip somewhere! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors