(Closed) August 21, 2010

posted 10 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hey! We just picked our date and we are DATE TWINS! This will be the 6 year anniversary of when my Fiance and I met!

Post # 4
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

This is my day! It’s my parents anniversary so it is extra special 🙂

Post # 5
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

:::raise hands::: Me too!

Venue has not been booked yet so it’s not definite. But it’s the date we’re looking at.

10 year anniversary of when we met.

Where is everyone at? We’re visiting venues, meeting with caterers/bakers in May.

Post # 6
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Gerbera, I’m with ya, August 21 is our intended day, permitting all works well with locations — we have the Church just need the reception venue.

Where I’m "At": Geographically? I am located in VA, about to move to CA and having a wedding in Upstate NY. Planning-wise? We have the church booked, and visiting a few venues TODAY (Yay!) I have a pretty good idea of where I want it, but wanted to check at a few other places. We are going to a wedding at the #1 location in May, so we probably won’t make a decision until then. I have found a photographer I like but won’t book it until I have a done a little more research. I’ve chosen my bridesmaids and Maid/Matron of Honor. I also have a color scheme in mind as well as some small details on other things. Because we are cross country planners I figure it may be good to get some big things out of the way and communicate with my bridesmaids my vision since they will be my eyes and ears when I am away!

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

This is my date too!  I already have the location, catering and officiant locked in.  I have picked out a photographer, a DJ and a baker but haven’t signed yet.  I even have the centerpcs, linens and first dance picked out. My friends and family think I’m crazy to start all of this so far away but I can’t help it.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

This is my day too!  Still haven’t booked a venue yet. So i feel out of sorts.  We’re in NYC looking for a place with an outdoor section for the ceremony and indoors for the reception preferably really close to each other. Anyone have any suggestions other then Tavern on the green?

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

yaaay! me too!

i also get alot of wierd looks when i mention that i’m planning or booking things for 14 months in advance 😛

the best thing is, though, that its in winter (in South Africa) and i’ve been able to get massive deals and steals as its so far away:

1. bought my wedding dress last week: it was on sale, and i was able to bargain the price even lower… AND get the alterations included in the bargained down price!!!

2. the venue – also booked last week – are offering us 2008 prices (to go up later this year to 2009 summer prices – summer here’s from Sept onward) for a wedding in 2010 winter.

i’m loving it!

ps: 21 Aug is the most auspicious day in the Chinese calender (my FH is Chinese, so this was very important) in our winter months next year

Post # 10
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My day too! I’ve got my venue booked and we are also doing the ceremony there, and I’ve been talking to a few caterers too. I’m trying to figure out a date when my Fiance, my mom, my wedding planner (also my matron of honor), and I can all meet with them. My Fiance and I and my Maid/Matron of Honor are in NYC and my parents are in CT, and the venue is on the Eastern CT shore right next to Mystic and Rhode Island. So it’s kind of a trek and I’d like to (a) go back to the venue and take pictures of the layout and grounds and (b) meet with two caterers. One of them already told me she can only do fridays, so now my Fiance and I and my MoH will have to take off work. Soooooo it’s tricky. But I want to lock down a caterer I like and these are two that have worked in my venue before and both use a lot of local produce and seafood. We’re right on the Long Island Sound so I want to have a lot of fresh seafood featured at the cocktail hour and as part of the dinner. So this is where I’m at right now. It’s so far away and somehow I already feel like I am behind!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

Woohoo am getting married on the 21st of August 2010 also. I so cant wait it will be 3years and 1 day since my fiance and i got together did want it on the 20th but not into having the wedding on a friday. Trying to find the right venue is sooooo hard and within a certain budget. Cant believe how much they charge for things like getting your photos taken at the venue …(dick turpin wore a mask hahahaha pure an utter daylight robbery hahaha) :):):):)

Post # 12
28 posts
Newbee

August 21, 2010 bride here!  I am plugging away at my planning.  The church, reception, florist and DJ are booked and I have purchased *some* items to start my centerpieces [they were on sale at target].  I did put together a ‘Wedding Binder’ with contact sheets as well as inspiration. 

i am so flipping excited!

Post # 13
15 posts
Newbee

It seems so far away but I know there is soo much to do.  We have our venue for the ceremony and reception booked ( it’s at a country club so both are happening there).  We also have our band and I bought my dress a week ago!.  I;m going to try and have a photographer and florist booked by the middle of August at the latest.

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee

That is our day as well, yet have not booked the site yet, as "Groomzilla" wants it to be in his/our future backyard, of our future home! LOL- I want a garden wedding, then he says "well I have (meanin he has) a year to get the house, yet is goal is in the next month.  (he does not get that is has to be booked ahead of time . So I am giving him two mos and then I am booking it!!!  Our engagement is a 20 month engaement, and I started looking 4 mos prior to that at sites and so on, so I have heard "wow your sure a palnner.’ Good thing too, as the site I had chosen, the couple sho does weddings on the side, will not be having any that summer. I could not believe the cost for just a simple garden wedding, and reception, and for only 50 people. $1800.00-$4500.00. The starting range is not horrible, yet a bit spendy for the size of my wedding. Also most were about $3000.00 as I wanted a Saturday and August! Congrats ladies!

Post # 15
124 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats on setting a date! The 21st is my birthday so we didn’t want to choose this date, and also I am the Maid/Matron of Honor in a wedding the week after! We are going to set our date with the venue today though so hopefully I will be an early August bride 🙂

Post # 16
3526 posts
Sugar bee

How’s everyone else doing? Smile Anyone else stressed out that they still do not have a venue booked? Undecided

The topic ‘August 21, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors