(Closed) August 22 2015 : )

posted 7 years ago in August 2015
Post # 16
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
jpbee:  Date twin here! I can’t believe how fast it’s coming up. We chose this date before we were engaged and were lucky that our chosen venue had it open. We’re pretty much set with all of our vendors (cake, coordinator, DJ, video, photog, flowers)…how are you guys doing?

Post # 18
32 posts
Newbee

View original reply
jpbee:  Oh nice! That gives you plenty of time. We got engaged in May so we’ve been at it for a while too. I’m a graphic designer so I’ll be doing all of our stationerery and printed pieces, and probably will DIY some decorations as well. 

Post # 19
9 posts
Newbee

View original reply
jpbee:  Date twin! ๐Ÿ™‚ We just got engaged a couple weeks ago, but we had been talking and planning for awhile already. I have colors, venue, bridesmaid, and officiant decided, just need to get invitations out and asking the pastor would probably be a good idea ๐Ÿ˜› 

Navy blue, sunflower yellow, and lace (he’ll be in his air force blues, so it’ll match nicely)

A park in my hometown

Post # 21
32 posts
Newbee

View original reply
jpbee:  That’s so funny, I ordered my shoes and they are arriving today too!! Ahh! I’m not sure if they’re “the ones” but I can’t wait to try them on and find out. What did you end up going with?

Post # 23
383 posts
Helper bee

Also a 22 of August here! Got engaged last June 11 on our anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚ 11 is my number as

We have the officiant, photographer, venue, honeymoon, dress and shoes, my wedding band, music so basically all the big stuff.

We are still needing to organise the flowers, his suit and his ring, send the invites, the decor for the venue, the meal plan,and the accomodation for the night (which isn’t an issue as we are having the wedding at a hotel).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by GypsieFlower. Reason: up to with planning
Post # 26
383 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jpbee:  Haha yeah I meant ring but I am not actually having a band, we’re having a ipod dj as the venue has a really great surround sound system we want to take advantage of and of course it also costs less haha

An indie band sounds cute though! if I had the money I would have had something similar.

I bought my dress on ebay actually from someone on the east coast. It’s an allure and it’s absolutely perfect, it’s just hanging in my closet until the big day at this point haha.

Post # 28
3 posts
Wannabee

Date Twin!  We just completed Pre Cana, I have my dress, vail, bridesmaids dresses, ceremony venue, reception venue, caterer, DJ, florist, photographer, and videographer, we picked out table settings, chairs, and linens and I booked my hotel room for the night before & wedding night.  We have a cake tasting on the 21st (but I really need to stop eating cake and go to the gym more).  We are also having our parents meet for the first time on the 21st…. and I’m really nervous about that.  

We are still trying to schedule transportation for the wedding party & the guests, need to schedule & take our engagement photos, book our honeymoon (where is everyone else going?),  pick out tuxes, buy rings, and all the last minute & diy things… oh and of course I need to lose like 15 lbs before the wedding/ honeymoon.  

Post # 29
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Tuscany Falls Banquet Hall

Twin!!!

We are getting married on August 22, 2015 in Chicago, IL. We are planning a wedding for 300 people. A lot I know. It is a evening formal affair.

Post # 30
383 posts
Helper bee

Is this a date that has significant meaning to you guys or it was just a date you wanted/ chose for your venue reasons/etc?

Like for example we chose it because my/our number is 11. By coincidence we met on the 11th, the next month I had my birthday (11th) and then started dating 1 month later on the 11th also by coincidence. Because there was two of us now I wanted the number to be 22, and August was the best month for us. It will also be 2 years and 2 months since we met, also 22.

I would love to hear anyone else’s story ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘August 22 2015 : )’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors